Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

In the summer when we host outside BBQ of course we always use paper products.

But for birthdays and holidays and when we have indoor dinner parties of course I bring out the good stuff. 

But my paper products supply is diversified. I buy on sale at “PartyOn” or Dollar Tree. 

Only one year  I used paper plates at Christmas. Not doing that again. 

The new green border with watermelons            ( back right )  was this year’s purchase at Sams. Not on sale. But thought it was cute and got it. 

713CC3A2-C3BF-4328-BE1E-408B9EAE14D9.thumb.jpeg.6894f25fdbf62f9a1e2dbd6e36b489a4.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here I was thinking S. Florida was always so hot. Can’t believe the heat others are having. Unfortunately we have that darn humidity all the time.

Here in southeastern PA, In the last week we had a high of 104 one day others have been 98 or 100f, humidity too!   Very muggy today with storms to arrive this evening.

Stay cool😃

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I tried to reply earlier so I guess sometimes you don't know what I post when it's gone but......

Thanks for posting the song.  I forgot about it.  It was one of my favorite hippie songs.  

So Sharon walked in and I thought she might dance with me  if I approached her while it was playing on my phone....... she asked if I could turn it down some..... 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

53 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

There are so many ways to post, computer,phone (iPhone Android Google) and various tablets as well as posters with different levels of knowledge,familiarity and physical abilities that affect how people post. The only important thing is acceptance of each other's methods and willingness to listen respectfully to suggestions for improvements, 

As was just shown we can all keep on learning shortcuts and ways to simplify posting.

Peace,

Mary 

Very well said! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I tried to reply earlier so I guess sometimes you don't know what I post when it's gone but......

Thanks for posting the song.  I forgot about it.  It was one of my favorite hippie songs.  

So Sharon walked in and I thought she might dance with me  if I approached her while it was playing on my phone....... she asked if I could turn it down some..... 😆 

That's just sad🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have no idea what the comment means other than one thing and gave him a chance to explain and he chose to laugh, along with his boys club.  No worries, just not surprised at all.

I may have inadvertently placed myself in the old boys club.  My bad. Thought the exchange was tongue-in-cheek.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We only use paper plates for just us and never for guests. We will use them especially for a lunch sandwich or breakfast. For dinner if I make a meal we will use or dishes and always use dishes for guests.

This is exactly what we do.   Paper plates for a sandwich, pizza or late night snack.   As paper plates were hard to find during covid we really stopped using them as often.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I may have inadvertently placed myself in the old boys club.  My bad. Though the exchange was tongue-in-cheek.

Humor should not have to be explained 😉

Or defended

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Typically, I watch pennies and not dollars

No worries, if you are watching the pennies, the dollars take care of themselves.  Supposedly Ben Franklin said that.

There also is "Penny wise, pound foolish" but I like Ben's quote better,

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No worries, if you are watching the pennies, the dollars take care of themselves.  Supposedly Ben Franklin said that.

I never subscribed to this theory.  I can spend a lot of time and effort saving 100 pennies.  If I lose just one dollar, I'm back to even.  I focus on the dollars and I don't sweat the pennies. 

At least sometimes.  We went to dinner the other night and spent $150 with nothing to show for it but a good memory and a few extra pounds.  Yet I'm looking at buying a $20 wireless charger for my iPhone and am questioning if I really need to spend that money given that I can just plug it in to charge. Priorities I guess.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never subscribed to this theory.  I can spend a lot of time and effort saving 100 pennies.  If I lose just one dollar, I'm back to even.  I focus on the dollars and I don't sweat the pennies. 

At least sometimes.  We went to dinner the other night and spent $150 with nothing to show for it but a good memory and a few extra pounds.  Yet I'm looking at buying a $20 wireless charger for my iPhone and am questioning if I really need to spend that money given that I can just plug it in to charge. Priorities I guess.

FWIW, I have wireless chargers and hate them. Makes your phone unusable until the charge is completed. It's a gimmick. 

My only use case for one is to charge a device where the charging port is broken

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I focus on the dollars and I don't sweat the pennies. 

I tend to focus on pennies. Putting empties to good use. 

E78A080B-BBED-42F3-8420-1A81B13375CD.thumb.jpeg.446689dda6c1a304063378ab4b7b78d2.jpeg

But seriously, the grandkids classrooms usually have a penny drive each year, so we let them take them and donate to their cause.  Without the rum bottles, of course. 🤣

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I have wireless chargers and hate them. Makes your phone unusable until the charge is completed. It's a gimmick. 

My only use case for one is to charge a device where the charging port is broken

I thought they were fully functional while charging...watch videos, FaceTime, etc.  My main use case is for my nightstand.  Set the phone on the charger in landscape mode with a clock app that doesn't let the screen go to sleep (I use this one) and I no longer need a charging cable or nightstand alarm clock.  Might also put one in the office for hands free video calls with the kids.  Here's the charger that I'm contemplating: Anker 313 Wireless Charger (Stand)

MagSafe looks interesting and has a few advantages (particularly aligning the charging coil) but is also significantly more expensive than a basic Qi charger.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've got a wireless charger for my phone but have never used it because my battery used to stay good all day. Now my phone is over two years old and I've noticed that it does not stay charged the whole day. What do you recommend on a cruise or an airplane where you don't have access to a plug for charging. Any good portable chargers out there?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Lenny, Glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday celebration and saying that you felt really great today.

Good luck tomorrow with your cardiologist appointment.

Lisa & Andrew, Happy Anniversary. Hope you have many more.

Greg, Your "leftover/2nd" dinner looks fantastic.

Yesterday was a wonderful day .Today,unfortunately a sorrowful day.The brother of one of my closest friends has terminal cancer and is in hospice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Heat wave continues.   Storms expected tonight with cold front behind.

Our AC is now having issues.   It's running but hardly feel cool air coming out of the vents.   Late afternoon/early evening we went from a comfortable 72 to 81 f in the house.

Set up fans last night.

Called hvac guy this morning, waiting for call back.    Fingers crossed it is an easy fix.  

It is storming here now and very,very windy.There is a tornado watch for my area as well as a flood watch.

• Like 1