Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and her work colleagues are currently at the church funeral service of one of their colleagues who died aged 56.

Sorry to hear of this loss. There is never a "good " time to pass, but 56 is definitely way to young. May her colleague Rest In Peace.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think Storm will be promoted. He has a lot of experience. I've read that Malia does not want to return as a bosun but is open to a position higher. I think she wants to replace Captain Sandy.

With how Capt. Sandy was texting with the new person (girl) that will be starting for the next charter and they were hiding the name all I could think was Malia.    If not her, I wonder who it will be  (anticipation.......)

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Passed my COVID test today.  Mariner here I come (Sat) Aruba Bahama (not really) come on pretty mamma 😇

Congratulations. Lets get this party started.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I also booked the Hotel Casablanca for our one night stay in Old San Juan before flying home.  Thanks @Sea Dogfor the recommendation.  

That's great I think you will like it's charm. I know I did. The only issue is that the elevator is slow.

The restaurant at the hotel has some really good breakfast items. Make sure you go to the little bar called "The Playroom." There are some stairs that go up to it by the elevator. It's a really small eclectic bar that has the charm of a speakeasy and looks like a scene out of CasaBlanca. It has some great artwork of pictures of Boggey and Bacaul.

Within walking distance is the restaurant Raices which has incredible food as well as Burrachina home of the original Pina Colada. Enjoy and let me know how your stay is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 74°F and sunny.

Pauline and her work colleagues are currently at the church funeral service of one of their colleagues who died aged 56.

Take care friends and make every day a special day.

Graham.

Sorry for the loss of her colleague.    So young...so very sad.    

Thank you.    So true...

Yes, Live every day to the fullest and enjoy life as much as you can.😃

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With how Capt. Sandy was texting with the new person (girl) that will be starting for the next charter and they were hiding the name all I could think was Malia.    If not her, I wonder who it will be  (anticipation.......)

There is a reddit thread that speculates it's Courtney Veale here is what it said. "According to a viral Reddit thread, Courtney Veale, who appeared on Season 6 as a stewardess, was spotted filming with the rest of the Home crew. It appears as if she will be the one who joins the team at the beginning of the sixth episode."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think it will be Malia. Storm deserves the chamce to prove himself as bosun and I don't think she would fall back into the role as a deck hand after being a bosun. At least I hope it is not Malia. 

It isn't Malia.  You could see the person in the preview last night and she is much taller and blonder than Malia.  Bravo has also posted a preview of next weeks episode and you can see her in the preview and she is mentioned by name at 1:15.  It is Courtney.  

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-mediterranean/season-7/episode-6/videos/stew-kyle-viljoen-this-is-getting-out-of-control

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It isn't Malia.  You could see the person in the preview last night and she is much taller and blonder than Malia.  Bravo has also posted a preview of next weeks episode and you can see her in the preview and she is mentioned by name at 1:15.  It is Courtney.  

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-mediterranean/season-7/episode-6/videos/stew-kyle-viljoen-this-is-getting-out-of-control

It will be interesting to see her in a new role as a deckhand since she was last on service.

• Like 3

Yesterday it looked like my newly planted Brussel sprouts could use some water.  Since there was only a slim chance of rain in the forecast  I watered them.  A couple hours later it started to rain. It rained a few hours.  It was storming again this morning.   Based on a couple containers that caught the rain, we got at least 3 inches of rain!  BTW, the plants look great today!

• Like 5

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Vaccines I can understand as that gets uploaded and verified but not being asked for proof of negative test surprised me. 

Not anymore as of earlier this week. The vax confirmation/upload option in the app is gone and has been replaced with three questions available at check in time (45 days out instead of just 24 hours out) - two Yes/no questions about vax status, the third about pregnancy.

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday it looked like my newly planted Brussel sprouts could use some water.  Since there was only a slim chance of rain in the forecast  I watered them.  A couple hours later it started to rain. It rained a few hours.  It was storming again this morning.   Based on a couple containers that caught the rain, we got at least 3 inches of rain!  BTW, the plants look great today!

Well I have been away from the board for a while to complete my PhD but glad to come back to some  horticulture.  Horticulture is to be my new interest on retirement in 21 days time.  My balcony is small but I am showing love to lettuce, chilli peppers and tomatoes.  Varying response to my love.   The caterpillars and ants seem to have responded the best tbh.  

Any caterpillar  I found was not destroyed.  I kept them in a purpose built cage.  I caught about 20 caterpillars, released 4 butterflies - but then the ants got into the act and had not received the brief about protecting butterflies.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not anymore as of earlier this week. The vax confirmation/upload option in the app is gone and has been replaced with three questions available at check in time (45 days out instead of just 24 hours out) - two Yes/no questions about vax status, the third about pregnancy.

I thought tat was odd on our health questionnaire but we had to upload our Vax documents when we checked in.  Interesting to  know that has changed. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

three questions available at check in time (45 days out instead of just 24 hours out)

Did this replace the old questionnaire that asked about all sorts of symptoms and exposure to someone with Covid in the last 10 days?

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Neither one. Others on our sailing were but many were not.  Vaccines I can understand as that gets uploaded and verified but not being asked for proof of negative test surprised me. 

Ken, I am sorry, I am not paying attention how many nights is the cruise?

41 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I'm glad that you posted this.  I checked in for an upcoming cruise yesterday and couldn't complete the health section.  It said to wait until 24 hours out.  I just looked again today and am now able to complete the health section...only needed to answer the 3 questions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry for the loss of her colleague.    So young...so very sad.    

Thank you.    So true...

Yes, Live every day to the fullest and enjoy life as much as you can.😃

Thank you Debbie.

Pauline found out today he was only 54 and his 55th birthday would have been this Friday 12th August.

• Like 4