Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Did this replace the old questionnaire that asked about all sorts of symptoms and exposure to someone with Covid in the last 10 days?

Yes, though I have to assume that will make some sort of come back in some form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday it looked like my newly planted Brussel sprouts could use some water.  Since there was only a slim chance of rain in the forecast  I watered them.  A couple hours later it started to rain. It rained a few hours.  It was storming again this morning.   Based on a couple containers that caught the rain, we got at least 3 inches of rain!  BTW, the plants look great today!

I love brussel sprouts, I have since I was a child.  We grew them once and I was amazed.  They have to be the coolest looking vegetable with the sprouts growing in a spiral up the stem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Neither one. Others on our sailing were but many were not.  Vaccines I can understand as that gets uploaded and verified but not being asked for proof of negative test surprised me. 

Is this because you are leaving out of an Copenhagen  as opposed to the US?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

K&V, have a wonderful cruise.

Worried about John... it's not like him not posting at all.

Pls. relay my best wishes to J&L 💐

Yes I thinks it's weird too that John has not posted anything. My guess he is spending most of his time trying to get his luggage.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

My balcony is small but I am showing love to lettuce, chilli peppers and tomatoes.

I have had plants on our deck up until this year.  Sharon loaded it with flowers 💐 this year.  I liked using grow bags and it worked out great.   What's nice about grow bags is that they air prune the roots.

Congrats on the PhD and retirement!  You know, people build retirement up to be such a great thing....... It's much better than that! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Aren't most of them?  I just finished Season 9, and was glad to see that chef Rachel cleaned up her act this Season.

She did, but then did a 180 on Bravo and dissed them in a big way. I don't think she will ever be asked back!

I don't think Malia will be back as deck hand. She had a bad cycle accident and is using the time to study for captain's license.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ATG said:

I love brussel sprouts, I have since I was a child.  We grew them once and I was amazed.  They have to be the coolest looking vegetable with the sprouts growing in a spiral up the stem.

I tried to grow them a couple years ago with no luck.  I started them to early.  The like ending in cool weather.   I have read that it's even good for them to go through a light frost or two.

I was not a big  Brussel sprouts fan until I started roasting them.   Love them now!

• Like 1

Lenny-  We used to go to an ice cream parlor/ luncheonette in Sag Harbor village. It was called the Paradise. Could that be where your granddaughter went for ice cream?

The establishment is smart to hold prices,if they can swing it financially ,as they would draw customers with those prices.

By the way, I wish your granddaughter many good days as she begins her college years.

Mimi- Thank you for the update of your friend,Ginny. It seems that she is regaining her spirit. Hoping good days continue for her.

Marietta-Your post about your granddaughter being pleased about the carousel brought me a smile!  It will be worth thecruise fare x 2 to see the look on their faces when they first see the ship,especially inside. Does the ship have a Promenade? I am assuming so because of the carousel. If so,that will be quite a sight for them to take in!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Is this because you are leaving out of an Copenhagen  as opposed to the US?

Yes I thinks it's weird too that John has not posted anything. My guess he is spending most of his time trying to get his luggage.

Laura is probably replacing all the Lilli P outfits....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 74°F and sunny.

Pauline and her work colleagues are currently at the church funeral service of one of their colleagues who died aged 56.

Take care friends and make every day a special day.

Graham.

Sorry to hear about Pauline’s work colleague.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I thought Deck 8 was my secret. 
When a friend heard me say Deck 8 she said she would never book that deck because of the noise from Central Park. 
I just smiled. 

Even though Central Park is beautiful we never liked walking through there. Always felt like walking through a incubator on Caribbean sailings. Pass !! Would never get a Central Park Balcony either because of that, hot(warm) and hardly any air moving through there.

5 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Finally made it to a city with 4G signal.

2 days behind in pictures upload versus real time.

Day 3 highlights - Princess spends 9 hours at Glacier Bay National Park with Park ranger taking over the PA system after they board the ship as well as set up shop on the ship's lounge.

20220808_114108.thumb.jpg.3994db42b296a3d2811c5bb523593c35.jpg

20220808_114120.thumb.jpg.48ff07b789db0ad44a8c01239948ff26.jpg

20220808_111349.thumb.jpg.17abd3096929f01db0ba421dab4e65cd.jpg

20220808_134022.thumb.jpg.fda11ca13c174679b2fb8f44fda60aab.jpg

20220808_142125.thumb.jpg.a8200504e94f25c1fe95dd9460a45b49.jpg

20220808_144615.thumb.jpg.9fe862179e35678ca431b60c637cb848.jpg

20220808_143205.thumb.jpg.c4c85ac01d71e9a28fe3398cc8b3bc1f.jpg

20220808_142029.thumb.jpg.28e385a8ae9d1134e215045fca4d8025.jpg

Glacier Bay is truly amazing isn't it.............Come on Royal wake up and do what you have to do to get your ships into there.

18 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny-  We used to go to an ice cream parlor/ luncheonette in Sag Harbor village. It was called the Paradise. Could that be where your granddaughter went for ice cream?

The establishment is smart to hold prices,if they can swing it financially ,as they would draw customers with those prices.

By the way, I wish your granddaughter many good days as she begins her college years.

Mimi- Thank you for the update of your friend,Ginny. It seems that she is regaining her spirit. Hoping good days continue for her.

Marietta-Your post about your granddaughter being pleased about the carousel brought me a smile!  It will be worth thecruise fare x 2 to see the look on their faces when they first see the ship,especially inside. Does the ship have a Promenade? I am assuming so because of the carousel. If so,that will be quite a sight for them to take in!

MJ🙋🏻

MJ:

This ice cream parlor is right next to a restaurant in a hotel about 2 blocks from the waterfront.I cannot recall the name.Thanks for your good wishes for her college experience.My younger daughter spent her junior year of college studying in the UK and my granddaughter,her niece hopes to have the opportunity to do the same thing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has anyone ever eaten in a specialty restaurant on lobster night and been able to get a lobster tail from the mdr added to your meal?  I love 🦞 but want to take full use of the UDP.

I would be interested in knowing that answer too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I booked our one-way return flights from San Juan at the end of our Voyager repositioning cruise.  The only nonstop option was JetBlue into Boston which was $360 pp before adding luggage or upgrading to have it included.  I was able to get Southwest into Providence with one stop in Baltimore (and bags included) for $160pp.  The cruise departs from Boston on a Sunday so we’ll have one of the kids drive us up. If we had flown back to Boston, getting home on a Tuesday would’ve been sticky.  Flying into Providence, we can just Uber home - a whole 6.9 mile trip.  I also booked the Hotel Casablanca for our one night stay in Old San Juan before flying home.  Thanks @Sea Dogfor the recommendation.  
Bonus points:  I have enough travel rewards  on our everyday credit card (CapitalOne) to redeem the airfare & hotel so that part of the trip is “free”!

Excellent!    I love using points for travel whenever I can.    $160 pp is a great fare for a one-way ticket.    I never worry about luggage with connecting flights when I am flying home but I always try to get a non-stop flight when I flying to my destination.    Great job🤩    Time to reward yourself with a  Mojito or two😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday it looked like my newly planted Brussel sprouts could use some water.  Since there was only a slim chance of rain in the forecast  I watered them.  A couple hours later it started to rain. It rained a few hours.  It was storming again this morning.   Based on a couple containers that caught the rain, we got at least 3 inches of rain!  BTW, the plants look great today!

We really need a good drenching rain here.   Might get some tonight but every time they say that it seems to miss us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm glad that you posted this.  I checked in for an upcoming cruise yesterday and couldn't complete the health section.  It said to wait until 24 hours out.  I just looked again today and am now able to complete the health section...only needed to answer the 3 questions.

Thanks! I'll have to look again too. We also checked in yesterday and it (the 3 questions) wasn't there. :classic_smile:

• Like 2