Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sue, your smile says it all 😘

Thanks Dani, it's fun rediscovering looking after little ones again. Rejoined our local library so we can go to the tots events and enjoy taking out children's books

Finding out all the local community events, tots singing, baby gym, baby yoga etc 

All my neighbours who are young muns helping out with advice about where to go and their children's outgrown books 

Enjoying the parks and wildlife from a child's perspective 

Loving every minute 💕 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So having some fun last night with more AI Art. Doing some more Sea Dogs. This one is a Cavalier King Charles one. Not sure if I want to use this one?

1770421225_SeaDogCavalier.thumb.jpg.a7774c4490fb5077458c0e9859979e10.jpg

oooohhh. . . I DO like this one (in addition to your original Sea Dog), since it's a Cavalier King Charles and as OB mentioned, it really does have that Caribbean vibe. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  My daughter having the baby was born around the 35th week.  She spent a couple weeks in the Children's Hospital.  Sharon had fallen a couple days earlier and after having the baby she had to remain in a different hospital for a week.  It was a long week for her.  

I have had concerns for this one since we found out about my DD's high blood pressure and diabetes.   Then last night there was other concerns.  This has been a long morning. 

Thankful to hear all went well with your nephew. 

My daughter’s blood pressure zoomed with her first one and she developed preeclampsia. They admitted her but couldn’t get the bp down. 
They were trying to keep the baby in for two more weeks. 
Lisa went into a coma and her organs started failing. 
They rushed her into the operating room to do an emergency C section. 
They told us the prognosis was bleak and did we want to watch the C section. 
We were put in a room with a big window and could see Lisa draped and her husband standing there holding her hand. 
We couldn’t see her face because there was a drape between her chest and head. 
The incision had already been made and we could see the inside of her body at an angle. 
Poor Jon was white as a sheep, and Dick and I were holding each other up. 
The obstetrician lifted a tiny purple plastic looking doll out and laid it on a metal table right in front of the window. 
Two miracles happened. 
The little plastic doll opened its mouth and mewed like a kitten. Its color lightened up and she opened her eyes and looked up at the nurse. 
The biggest miracle happened a few minutes later when Lisa woke up. 
I hope this wasn’t too much TMI, but modern medicine and dedicated hospital staff work miracles every day. 
I hope and pray your daughter has her own miracle and they both come through like champions! 
Edited to say Congratulations! 
A healthy daughter and healthy baby are indeed a miracle!

415D398D-7D6D-4FD7-A03B-00535734F6E8.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 22

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My daughter’s blood pressure zoomed with her first one and she developed preeclampsia. They admitted her but couldn’t get the bp down. 
They were trying to keep the baby in for two more weeks. 
Lisa went into a coma and her organs started failing. 
They rushed her into the operating room to do an emergency C section. 
They told us the prognosis was bleak and did we want to watch the C section. 
We were put in a room with a big window and could see Lisa draped and her husband standing there holding her hand. 
We couldn’t see her face because there was a drape between her chest and head. 
The incision had already been made and we could see the inside of her body at an angle. 
Poor Jon was white as a sheep, and Dick and I were holding each other up. 
The obstetrician lifted a tiny purple plastic looking doll out and laid it on a metal table right in front of the window. 
Two miracles happened. 
The little plastic doll opened its mouth and mewed like a kitten. Its color lightened up and she opened her eyes and looked up at the nurse. 
The biggest miracle happened a few minutes later when Lisa woke up. 
I hope this wasn’t too much TMI, but modern medicine and dedicated hospital staff work miracles every day. 
I hope and pray your daughter has her own miracle and they both come through like champions! 

Not TMI at all.  I am thankful to hear all ended well with them.  Last night we were told the reason for induction was preeclampsia.  I googled what it was all about and quickly learned I don't need to know it all.  The little I learned was concerning to me.  All is ending well so far.

I warned pics would come.  This is just a tease.  I will probably start flooding the board tomorrow when she is cleaned up.

image.thumb.png.fde6fa0049a9e3603ba97e31b6e85031.png

• Like 34

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am thinking for 37 weeks, she is long!

Congrats to you and your family!  She’s a good size for a 37 week baby but if memory serves, the gestational diabetes may have something to do with that.  I’m just glad everyone’s healthy and doing well.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@Sea DogVikki asked for the name of the program you are using for tye dog pictures and I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling back 50 pages or more.

Midjourney is a AI based art program through Discord. You will need to create an discord account. There are plenty of YouTube tutorial videos if you search Midjourney. Here is link to the basic information.

https://midjourney.gitbook.io/docs/

Keep in mind the first few images are free but if you want to create more there are several subscription rates. I pay $10/month but my limit goes pretty quickly by the time you udate and make versions.

It's fun and once you get the hand of it you can create some amazing images. I think she will like it. Any questions she can email me.

Hope you are having a blast. Drink a cocktail for me.

Cheers!

Greg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not TMI at all.  I am thankful to hear all ended well with them.  Last night we were told the reason for induction was preeclampsia.  I googled what it was all about and quickly learned I don't need to know it all.  The little I learned was concerning to me.  All is ending well so far.

I warned pics would come.  This is just a tease.  I will probably start flooding the board tomorrow when she is cleaned up.

image.thumb.png.fde6fa0049a9e3603ba97e31b6e85031.png

She is beautiful. Glad they got her out of there as  preeclampsia is pretty dangerous stuff. Linda had posteclampsia after Jonathan was born and almost died. Scary.

So happy for mom and dad and the rest of your family. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad they got her out of there as  preeclampsia is pretty dangerous stuff.

Since to this day I'm editing Ob/Gyn articles dealing with preeclampsia, splenic artery aneurism, tubal ectopic pregnancy and other "occurrences", my motto is --

Healthy mother + healthy baby == nothing short of a miracle.

• Like 18

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Healthy mother + healthy baby == nothing short of a miracle.

That is abdolutely true. Considering how complicated the process is, it is amzing that it goes right as often as it does. I don"t think I'll ever forget how I felt when in residency I delivered my first baby.... even though it was a slippery bloody mess.😊😇

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was just going to ask that too!

I LOVE sticky toffee pudding. HAL (Cuba cruise) had it in their dining room and I RAVED about it so much to the waiter that they brought it for us every time we were in the mdr after that. I was literally killed with it. I got a little sick of it in the end 🤣but I truly very much appreciated that they gave it this much thought.

Bermuda cafes have it. And I saw a kit from Williams Sonoma (at local mall) once and brought it home....disaster 🤪but that was my fault not the kit's.

I love it too.I worked in Greenwich Village many years ago and saw it on a menu one day and tried it .Every time I returned to that restaurant I ordered it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good instincts Debbie.   She was one that was supposed to eat one but at the time she was at her 27th week appointment.   They decided to induce.  They just now gave her an epidural to help with the pain.  Please all, send those prayers for my baby to safely have her baby!

Prayers and happy thoughts sent your way.   Excited to hear some great news soon🥰

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So having some fun last night with more AI Art. Doing some more Sea Dogs. This one is a Cavalier King Charles one. Not sure if I want to use this one?

1770421225_SeaDogCavalier.thumb.jpg.a7774c4490fb5077458c0e9859979e10.jpg

I may just this one for one of my avatars or maybe alternate. Thoughts?

907919388_SeaDogLogowithText.thumb.jpg.6776ea88eb9795f9b30ea905419a4e14.jpg

I like both but really like the first one😀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy weekend and days ahead.  We have our two granddaughters for the weekend (along with the dog) while DD & SIL go to a wedding in Portland ME.  All while trying to pack and get ready for our road trip to Disney with two grandsons.  We leave Monday for PA, overnight at their house and then hit the road to FL Tuesday morning.  Some days and weeks it seems like there’s nothing going on and then BAM, everything happens at once!  

Busy weekend and days ahead, with all good things happening, Deb! Spending time with the grandchildren while also making memories...it doesn't get better than this.  Enjoy!🥰

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley is here!  She is 7lb 10oz.  21 inches long.  Both are healthy!  Thanks for the prayers!

Congratulations to you and Sharon on the birth of your newest member of the family, baby Finnley!  So glad all went well with your daughter and her delivery.  Babies are such a blessing!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1