Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

In her free time she enjoys zoomies through the kitchen

What's up with the cat zoomies? Leonard will go running thru the house like crazy, bouncing off furniture and almost crashing into the window. Seems to be random and will happen once or twice a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm the same way. I'll hit up Trip Advisor and a few other 3rd party booking sites for research, look at photo's and read users reviews but almost always book direct with the hotel.  The price is almost always the same. Once in a while, the 3rd party sites might offer a great price but even then, it's usually one of the least desirable rooms. I'm a light sleeper so I'm very picky - away from hotel elevators, non-connecting rooms on one of the higher floors available. I'll pay a few dollars extra to get what I want. 

Ditto.  AAA rates are almost always as good or better than the booking sites.  And the Hilton Honors rate is often better than either.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

@A&L_Ont

At first glance I thought the videos were for Pebble beach and said huh, that's not in Canada, then I realized it was Cobble Beach.  Nice coincidence.

This was no flute. The beach shore is not sandy but is in fact natural cobble stone. 

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I don't think I have ever recalled seeing a Mercury version of Ford trucks. I imagine that is where the tailgate  in the second picture came from. Or where the Canadian trucks marketed with the Mercury name.

Going from memory the Mercury was only available in Canada and was considered to be upper level/higher class version compared to the regular Ford models. If I remember Alan Jackson even wrote a song about wanting a Mercury. The tailgate was a replacement from the original one, which was probably totalled along it’s tough life. The bench seat was replaced well along the way too. I am still running the split rim wheels though. The rubber was sourced by our local tire shop, and the tires are typically used by military in Central America. 

I also used a parts truck from Oklahoma which saved me from buying reproduction parts from China. Original metal from the 70s is still better than new metal from overseas.

If you are curious about the restoration here is a link to the job.  The green truck was the parts truck and the dull red is the original truck. 

https://legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1972-ford-f250-pickup-825.aspx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

An almost B2B.  Quantum Alaska cruise from Seattle then Ovation from Vancouver to Hawaii 4 days later.

Seems to me to be the perfect combination, with Hawaii the highlight. Pity Hawaii is so far away from Israel...

Enjoy every moment and have an awesome cruise/s 🌷

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What's up with the cat zoomies? Leonard will go running thru the house like crazy, bouncing off furniture and almost crashing into the window. Seems to be random and will happen once or twice a day.

When Marcel does that, we think it's after a visit to the litter box, which is upstairs.  We can hear him galloping across the wood floors, flying down the carpeted stairs, and leaping over the last several stairs to the wood floor below.  For a cat that lays around and sleeps all day, it's impressive the amount of energy he displays for a brief moment. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dcf221b01806972b35c663100c75304b.jpeg

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Update. Linda talked to someone at Hilton Downtown Miami who was actually nice and helpful. Rebooked for $218. Sorry to drag all of you along with me. Just glad it's over and lesson learned never book a hotel through a third party.

Glad you got it all straightened out.  We have used a 3rd party site twice, had issues both times.  Now use them for research but always book directly, can almost always find a rate comparable or lower than the 3rd party site.  Have an AARP card that has gotten me many more discounts than the costs of the card.

Safe travels, hope this is the last of your worries, looking forward to hearing about your trip.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Lizzy is now 15 weeks old. 

Becoming a significant lap cat —spontaneously the minute you sit anywhere. 

In her free time she enjoys zoomies through the kitchen and attempting to eat fish out of the aquarium.  But cannot figure this barrier called glass between her and a snack. 

When she is done playing she just falls down goes “boom” wherever she may be, as she recharges her batteries for next adventure. 

She was a trooper for her first pedicure. We cannot believe the kitty we got!!!

29E50EB8-7C32-4F2E-A735-60D71D8FF9AD.thumb.jpeg.858da34e9c1dec6813a88898ecbea4b3.jpeg

So cute, glad to hear she is adjusting well.

@HBE4 Happy Birthday 🎂🎉

@bobmacliberty safe travels, looking forward to hear about your trip as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, Mrs. H. said:

Very nice pic!
  I wanted to take a pic of the sun rising on Saturday morning, but I was driving to Orlando Airport at 6:30am and it was my first time driving alone.  I sure do miss my co-pilot.  😭  

I had a wonderful time in Orlando last week.  Friends drove up from Palm City for lunch on Monday.  On Tues I went to Universal with dh's niece who works there, so it was FREE!.  Had a couple of dinners with SIL and BIL.  
Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista, and it was totally awesome!
First solo trip, (ex-friend screwed me over), so I had a 2 B/R villa all to myself.
Got to swim in 5 of the 7 pools.  Still need to find those other two! lol

Looking forward to my solo trip to TN in 28 days.  Cousin will show me around.

Quickie cruise to Bermuda in 74 more days.  Glad I saw that someone dh and I met on a cruise a bunch of years ago is going to be on same cruise with her g/f so I'll have someone to hang with.

Anyone else glad the summer is over?  

My longest drive was from Bensonhurst to Canarsie.At one time I loved the summer .Now my preference is Spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Coming out of Lurker Mode. I've been on a bit of a Internet-free break lately. Needed to take a self-imposed time out from reality for a bit.  Pretty much would only get on the World Wide Web to check the weather & come here once in while to "Like/Laugh/Thanks" various posts but sometimes the thread moves so fast, I'm sure I missed some things. I skimmed over several dozen pages in a futile attempt to catch up but I'm sure I missed plenty of topics.

The Queen - not only was the Queen of England but she was Queen of the World.  Universally loved and respected by all (except for the select few that seem to hate everything) and it’s heartwarming to see the outpouring of love and gratitude coming from all corners of the earth. 

Septic Tanks – The first 30 years of my life, I lived where there was city sewers and just assumed it was that way everywhere except for the most remote locations. Well, my house was built in 1964 with a septic tank when this area was still very rural with plenty of farm land. By the time I bought this house in 1993, the area has become heavily “sub-urbanized” and the farms are long gone, replaced by housing developments and strip malls. But I guess it’s too expensive, too many regulations and too time consuming to retrofit city sewers. There has been plenty of talk but never seems to get past the “high in the sky” planning stages. At first, I thought I was going back in time and it would be smelly & yucky but you’d never know I had septic. Honestly, it’s not a big deal, just have to get it pumped every few years and the cost is reasonable.

Remembering names. I bad at it which is why I never attempt to refer to anybody by name here. Unless it’s part of your CC name. I’ll probably remember your car before I can remember your name, like @Lionesss new & old GTO's (hubbys) and @A&L_Ont Storm Trooper, Mustang and vintage pickup trucks, back when pickups were work vehicles and not status symbol, luxury vehicles.  But don't ask me to remember your names, even if it was mentioned 2 pages ago.🙂

@bobmacliberty & @Sea Dog and anyone else going onto a cruise in the new future, have fun. I’m looking forward to your reviews whether it’s a “Live” thread or just a few posts here. It’s how I get my cruise fix.

Hi H: How is Leonard ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My stuff peppers...I parboil the peppers after cutting off stem and gutting them.

I saute onions, brown beef and add my homemade tomato sauce and either white or brown rice.   Then I stuff the peppers with this mixture and add a little sauce over top them put in convection oven for approx. 25 to 30 minutes.  Then put mozzarella cheese on top let that melt.  Then eat😀

They also freeze well.

Tonight's dinner!  We will be putting the mozzarella on tonight at your suggestion!

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Update. Linda talked to someone at Hilton Downtown Miami who was actually nice and helpful. Rebooked for $218. Sorry to drag all of you along with me. Just glad it's over and lesson learned never book a hotel through a third party.

So glad it's gotten resolved, Greg!  Pour yourself a Kraken and relax!

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My bionic man is no longer bionic.  He had his 2nd wrist surgery this morning to remove all the hardware.  This bandage & splint will stay on for 10 days until the stitches are removed and he can then start a new regimen of PT focusing on motion of the wrist now that the metal plate is out.  5C39A6A7-6153-4690-8B47-8D959831051B.thumb.jpeg.f952101ec3faceeea5f421b12bbeab52.jpeg

Great news about Andy!  Let the healing begin!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

So what have I been doing during my “break”?  Drove out to eastern CT for a beach day at Hammonasset Beach State Park.  It was a perfect 10 weather-wise, warm and calm water. It was an ideal way to wind down summer. Which, BTW, is still not over for a few more weeks so keep that pumpkin spice everything away from me! LOL.

Afterwards, I headed up to my brother-in-law (DW brother) for 6 days in upstate NY. He has a house on one of the Finger Lakes - Seneca Lake to be specific. The weather was pretty gloomy for 4 of the 6 days. Heavy overcast and lots of hit and run rain showers that kept everything damp.  This limited the amount of play time on the lake itself but had plenty of time to visit the many wineries and craft breweries in the region and other wise feast like a king! Is it really possible to gain 6 pounds in 6 days?

This past Saturday, Sept 10th, was my birthday. My 2nd bday without my DW being able to be at my side.  Family and friends’ step-up to the plate to keep my occupied. My brother took me to a Yankee game on Friday, Sept 9th where they had a special ceremony honoring Derek Jeter’s induction to the Hall of Fame.

Saturday, my actual birthday, my step daughter and a few of her friends took me to a Street fair / Block party in Sleepy Hollow, NY for live music, dancing and plenty of street-meat type food followed by a late night dinner on the banks of the Hudson River.  

On Sunday, my step daughter & I went into the city for dinner and to Broadway to see “Come From Away”. I think it was discussed here earlier in the year. It’s a beautiful, touching story about the aftermath pf 9/11 with all the emotions: Sadness, humor, hope, and happiness amid the tragic day. I had seen it before a few years ago with DW (quite possible the last play we went to) and it’s ending it’s run on Oct 2nd.  Seemed like a perfect way to spend the day & end my bday weekend.

Now back to the grind.

I wish you a very happy belated birthday,H.I saw Come From Away ,it was great.I read the book a few weeks ago and found out that the wife of somebody I knew when I lived in Brooklyn was one of the people who was on a plane that was in New Foundland .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This was no flute. The beach shore is not sandy but is in fact natural cobble stone. 

Going from memory the Mercury was only available in Canada and was considered to be upper level/higher class version compared to the regular Ford models. If I remember Alan Jackson even wrote a song about wanting a Mercury. The tailgate was a replacement from the original one, which was probably totalled along it’s tough life. The bench seat was replaced well along the way too. I am still running the split rim wheels though. The rubber was sourced by our local tire shop, and the tires are typically used by military in Central America. 

I also used a parts truck from Oklahoma which saved me from buying reproduction parts from China. Original metal from the 70s is still better than new metal from overseas.

If you are curious about the restoration here is a link to the job.  The green truck was the parts truck and the dull red is the original truck. 

https://legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1972-ford-f250-pickup-825.aspx

The truck we used on the  dairy farm was an F250. When you said split rims I figured it wasn't a half ton. Our farm truck had a full floater rear axle, that I don't believe the half ton trucks had, and dealer installed helper springs. That first gear came in real handy if you had a load on and on rough ground.

LMC has some shows , I think on Motor Trend TV. I don't think I ever  watched it.

Curious how long the restoration took.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi H: How is Leonard ?

Your namesake is doing very well. Has gotten nicely acclimated to living here and is very comfortable.  He's learning which pieces of furniture he's allowed on and which he is not. For example, living room couch and dining room chairs are okay but dining room table is not. And Kitchen counter is a definite no-no. 

While he is my little buddy & will let me pet him for hours, he's definitely a mommy's boy. Only me step daughter is allowed to pick him up & he usually comes when she calls him. Not running right away like a dog but in true cat style, will wait a minute,  then slowly saunter over as to say "Yeah, I heard you call me but I'll come when I'm good and ready". Except at night when its time to go to bed, he'll always run in the bedroom at her side when she says good night.  He won't leave her bedroom until she does, except for litter box breaks. The litter box is in the bathroom.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Jade goes through the same spells. I have no idea what triggers them.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, derorim said:

When Marcel does that, we think it's after a visit to the litter box, which is upstairs.  We can hear him galloping across the wood floors, flying down the carpeted stairs, and leaping over the last several stairs to the wood floor below.  For a cat that lays around and sleeps all day, it's impressive the amount of energy he displays for a brief moment. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dcf221b01806972b35c663100c75304b.jpeg

What wonderful fur and coloring.  Sending Marcel a hug!

• Like 3

I was thinking @Lionesssmade up the cute term cat "zoomies," but apparently it's a real thing.  I just asked my friend Dr. Google, and found several articles that discussed reasons such behavior, one of which was "Post Poop Zoomies."  They stated "Cats may get the zoomies after pooping in order to run away from an unpleasant smell."  This got me to thinking, wouldn't it be a funny sight if we humans did that??? 🤣😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So what have I been doing during my “break”?  Drove out to eastern CT for a beach day at Hammonasset Beach State Park.  It was a perfect 10 weather-wise, warm and calm water. It was an ideal way to wind down summer. Which, BTW, is still not over for a few more weeks so keep that pumpkin spice everything away from me! LOL.

Afterwards, I headed up to my brother-in-law (DW brother) for 6 days in upstate NY. He has a house on one of the Finger Lakes - Seneca Lake to be specific. The weather was pretty gloomy for 4 of the 6 days. Heavy overcast and lots of hit and run rain showers that kept everything damp.  This limited the amount of play time on the lake itself but had plenty of time to visit the many wineries and craft breweries in the region and other wise feast like a king! Is it really possible to gain 6 pounds in 6 days?

This past Saturday, Sept 10th, was my birthday. My 2nd bday without my DW being able to be at my side.  Family and friends’ step-up to the plate to keep my occupied. My brother took me to a Yankee game on Friday, Sept 9th where they had a special ceremony honoring Derek Jeter’s induction to the Hall of Fame.

Saturday, my actual birthday, my step daughter and a few of her friends took me to a Street fair / Block party in Sleepy Hollow, NY for live music, dancing and plenty of street-meat type food followed by a late night dinner on the banks of the Hudson River.  

On Sunday, my step daughter & I went into the city for dinner and to Broadway to see “Come From Away”. I think it was discussed here earlier in the year. It’s a beautiful, touching story about the aftermath pf 9/11 with all the emotions: Sadness, humor, hope, and happiness amid the tragic day. I had seen it before a few years ago with DW (quite possible the last play we went to) and it’s ending it’s run on Oct 2nd.  Seemed like a perfect way to spend the day & end my bday weekend.

Now back to the grind.

Happy belated birthday.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Thanks 1