Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we're booking a cruise! Finally!  If only Royal's website would work this morning...

I have a 4 day weekend in October so we've decided to bite the bullet and do a short cruise out of Miami.  Our first since January 2020. Can't wait.

Let us know how it was! We have a 4 day cruise in March- first since Nov 2019.

• Like 2

Here is the response from Paradise Beach. There will only be 3 smallish ships in port when we are there on 11/26 (on Adventure), so I think we'll be good at least for this next visit.

Hola Bethany!

Greetings from beautiful Paradise Beach! Our A la carte option is only
offered if we have space available that day. (Max. 550 guests a day). For
the use of our facilities (including the rental of lounge chairs, beach
umbrellas, use of the pool, and FREE Wi-Fi) we only charge $10usd per person
with a $10usd min. spend on F&B. We don't take reservations for this option
since it's not guaranteed.

Our Fun Pass is an additional $15usd per person and includes our famous
water park, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards.

To secure your spot we highly recommend booking in advance. We are offering
a promotion on our Exclusive All-Inclusive F&B, FALL IN PARADISE, which is
available for reservations on our website,

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/

Adults $59usd
Teens (12-17) $45usd
Kids (5-11) $39usd
Kids (0-4) Free

(Valid for all dates of 2022)

When booking our Excusive All-Inclusive F&B the Fun Pass is only an
additional $10usd!! (Regular price $18usd)

I hope this information has been helpful and please let me know if you have
any other questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Saludos!
Malin
Paradise Beach
Cozumel, Mexico

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The first time I had a car with heated seats, I turned the heat on and then forgot about it. A few minutes later when I felt the warmth, for a moment I worried I had wet myself.

We rented a car once and it had heated seats and that option was on wife was very uncomfortable took us a while trying to figure out how to shut that off.

Definitely don’t need heated seats in Dallas today since we will be in high 90’s again.

Edited by George C
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Fortunately there is no need to decide which is better. I will not buy a car that does not have both.

I'm with you 100%.  I’m also hooked on remote start.  Anything to help me get through winter with as little discomfort as possible.  Other than the first snowfall (“oh, look how pretty it is!”) and maybe some snow for Christmas, I HATE winter & the cold weather. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George C said:

We rented a car once and it had heated seats and that option was on wife was very uncomfortable took us a while trying to figure out how to shut that off.

Definitely don’t need heated seats in Dallas today since we will be in high 90’s again.

First time we ever encounter heated seat was a car rental at MCO and headed to Disney. Could not figure how to turn them off. By the time we pulled into the resort we were both sweating bullets, seat of out pants was like on fire.

We got someone at the resort to show how to operate them.

Got to know someone at the car rental probably did that on purpose and turned them on sky high !!  😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The first time I had a car with heated seats, I turned the heat on and then forgot about it. A few minutes later when I felt the warmth, for a moment I worried I had wet myself.

Hmmm, it's probably a good thing you don't drink....

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Paradise Beach’s FB page still lists the PAYG option. We always spend far more than $10/pp in food & drinks, but a lot less than the AI price of $64 each (current website price).

I sent them an email to confirm. I need to know what to expect when we are in Cozumel again in November.

F9DA1354-BC9B-45BD-911C-230981928639.thumb.jpeg.a1c4bf23042a1dc7f8dc2c116bdd6226.jpeg

PB is our go to beach when in Cozumel (ala carte).  Love their nachos. However, last time, 2018 or 2019 it felt much more crowded with lounge chairs pushed close together.  All were cruise passengers and I felt like I was ON the cruise ship.  We might give it one more go on our Bella cruise. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

I think what we need here is a cooling system for car seats and steering wheels. Blasting AC before settling in is just too time consuming. 

Coming from NY, I laugh when I see folks here bundled up in down jackets/hats/gloves when the temp "drops" to the 50s. In the 19 years I've been in TX, I wore my down jacket less than 10 times.  I'd like to keep it that way!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I've heard the same thing from several others as well.  And while all my cars for the last 15 years have had heated seats, in the winter time I'm usually so heavily bundled up I can barely feel the heat.  But this time of the year when the days are warm enough to wear shorts but the evenings cool down quickly, is when I appreciate them the most.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I woke up at 5:30 to 50 with strong winds.   Now 60 f with 15 mph winds.    Nice sunny day, but sure is chilly.    I don't like this!!!

Temps were 45 when I got up this morning. Hard to believe just 3 days ago, I was sweating on the beach at Jones Beach State Park. I was hoping for one more beach day next week but it's not looking likely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I've heard the same thing from several others as well.  And while all my cars for the last 15 years have had heated seats, in the winter time I'm usually so heavily bundled up I can barely feel the heat.  But this time of the year when the days are warm enough to wear shorts but the evenings cool down quickly, is when I appreciate them the most.

Both of our cars have heated seats.  It shuts off when you turn the car off.  If you want heat, you need to turn it on. Same for rear window and rear view mirrors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I feel like I have to, right? 🙂

Only if you want to bring joy and happiness to those on this thread and the Cruise Critic Community in general.😉

No Pressure. 😇

But since it's your first cruise in almost 3 years & a short one, if you'd like to kick back and enjoy, then a few post-cruise thoughts here will be more than welcomed as well. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Temps were 45 when I got up this morning. Hard to believe just 3 days ago, I was sweating on the beach at Jones Beach State Park. I was hoping for one more beach day next week but it's not looking likely.

I hear ya!   We have tenants in our shore house until the Monday after Chowderfest then we will head down for either a week or 2 long weekends.   I am hoping we will still have a couple of warm days for the beach in October.    We did last year!    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The weather next week in the Jones Beach area :

Sunny every day Temperatures reaching low 70’s on Mon and Tues.The rest of the week will only be in the 60’s.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hear ya!   We have tenants in our shore house until the Monday after Chowderfest then we will head down for either a week or 2 long weekends.   I am hoping we will still have a couple of warm days for the beach in October.    We did last year!    

My DW & her sisters would always go to Chowderfest and had pretty good beach weather & her sisters would sometimes stay until Columbus Day.  Beach Haven is about a 3 1/2 hour drive south from our house but it's amazing the temperature difference. Autumn up here but still summer down there!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, George C said:

My car has heated seats which aren't necessary in FL except for keeping takeout food warm on the drive home.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Beautiful fall day today. My DH and I went apple picking. Temperature was cool and very windy, so orchard wasn’t busy at all. Picked up some apple cider donuts and cider at the farm stand. We then headed to Singing Beach in Manchester by the Sea. It got that name because the sand squeaks when you walk on it. I was very surprised to see three cruise ships in the distance. They must be hugging the coast because of Fiona’s projected path. We then went to Woodman’s in Essex for fried clams. Chubby Woodman claims to be the person who invented fried clams in 1916. Now home enjoying a cup of Dunkin coffee and a cider donut. I love fall!

995CAE79-47B0-4AF8-873C-5B52685624E4.thumb.jpeg.a0fbada20d8ce190146815541b07c46f.jpeg

EC48F648-B390-4A18-B46C-6FCB3F5A7EA1.thumb.jpeg.5f1e6acea424ddf56e9c41b2e5502a1c.jpeg

E1406130-D322-45BA-8EA2-3BC624118FFE.thumb.jpeg.02a8b0672e2fcf673f105823798191f6.jpeg

• Like 20

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I heard an interview with Judge this afternoon.He said that in his opinion the 73 hit by Bonds is the record.

Well, it is the official overall HR record.  Judge is chasing the Yankee & America League HR record.  He is always diplomatic, being a team-first kind of guy will always diverts attention away from himself and towards the team and would never utter anything slightly controversial.  He also grew up being a SF Giants fan and Barry Bonds was one of his childhood heroes.

On the flip side, Bonds has said he wouldn't mind if Judge surpassed his 73 HR record and would like to see him do it wearing a SF Giants uniform.

• Like 2