Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That just seems like an excessive amount to me, and surely they can find something for less. 

No need to look for something less expensive when you are spending someone else's (ie. our) money. And we are a bottomless well, right?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No need to look for something less expensive when you are spending someone else's (ie. our) money. And we are a bottomless well, right?

Don’t get me started on that subject.  I have banged my head against that wall too many times.  That government project I talked about last week, giving guidance to the new owners, is a prime example of government waste.

The government is more than happy to spend $5M on a project that could have easily been done for $1M.  Then they turn around and ask taxpayers for more money.

I better stop now, before I start banging my head again!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Don’t get me started on that subject.  I have banged my head against that wall too many times.  That government project I talked about last week, giving guidance to the new owners, is a prime example of government waste.

The government is more than happy to spend $5M on a project that could have easily been done for $1M.  Then they turn around and ask taxpayers for more money.

I better stop now, before I start banging my head again!

You are wrong on that point. They don't ask, they demand. And you have few options but to fork it over.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

To Dani and our Jewish friends on Yom Kippur.

Have an easy fast or Yom Tov.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham. It is much appreciated 😘.

Yom Kippur is the holiest in the Jewish calendar, but I cannot forget that a war started 49 years ago on this day... we were married less than 9 months, and my DH was called for reserve duty for 6 interminable months.

His place of work were very attentive and generous to me, I received his full salary and, of course, they kept his position all this time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,it is.We also have some wonderful neighbors.Our next house neighbor watches our house when we go on cruises or other vacations.A neighbor who lives across the street buys food for us when he goes shopping .I have a very good friend who lives 3 houses away from us who has taken me to doctors when Toby has not been able to.

We have great neighbors also.  In front of us are peanut and cotton fields.  To the north and west is a 370 acre nursery tree farm.  The neighbor to the south is about 3 acres away and I have spoken with them maybe 3 times in the 3 years we have been here.  They have a lovely horse I watch in his pasture.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

…Yom Kippur is the holiest in the Jewish calendar, but I cannot forget that a war started 49 years ago on this day... we were married less than 9 months, and my DH was called for reserve duty for 6 interminable months.

His place of work were very attentive and generous to me, I received his full salary and, of course, they kept his position all this time.

Happy Yom Kippur. That was very generous of his work place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Yom Kippur.

Thank you, Renee.

We have almost a month of "high holidays", starting with the New Year, 10 days after it -- Yom Kippur, which involves fasting [25 hours] and asking forgiveness from people, usually a sad day, and, in a few days, a happy holiday, which lasts 8 days, and everything shuts down - schools, government, work places. This year, for those who work, the string of holidays is very "profitable", since it involves very long week ends....

As usual, since we learn so much from one another, a small insight in the Yom Kippur's "procedure"  -- 

G'mar Hatimah Tovah — Literally “A good signing/sealing.” This is a traditional greeting during Yom Kippur, referring to the belief that on Rosh Hashanah [New Year's Eve] our fates are written, or inscribed, in the Book of Life, and on Yom Kippur we are sealed in it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

Do you make them from scratch (as in real fruit), or do you use a mix like Royal does?

Royal's mix is absolutely divine in the peach flavor, IMO -- I know it's pure sugar, but I just don't care because it's so delish!

I use Monin Puree.   We discovered it years ago when ordering a smoothie in Lakeside Ohio and since have seen it as far away as Cambodia. I like it over the smoothie mix because once you open a smoothie mix it has to be stored in the refrigerator.   The Puree has a lot of sugar too but not as bad as drinking milkshakes almost every night.   😇

image.thumb.png.13ae151ebae90557f6c08fae43e75563.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You still may be crazy. I’ll leave that to Nate to decide. 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, let Nate decide but he would be crazy 🤪 to verbalize it. 🤣 

They are a great couple.  It's great they share their adventures with us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I (almost) feel guilty posting this, with all of the talk of Ian’s destruction.

I am currently sitting in LAX waiting on my flight to Venice, Italy.  I’m spending five nights there, then boarding Brilliance OTS for Greece, Croatia, Italy and ending with the TA to Tampa.  
Bucket list trip that was moved from 2020 , and again from 2021.

@Sea DogI plan to try most of the cocktails you mentioned in your review. 🍹

Stay well and safe everyone!

No need to feel anything remotely close to guilt. It's always uplifting to read posts like this. Have a great time & can't wait to hear stories when you get back in, what, 3 or 4 weeks?

Hopefully you can check in here from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dementia is a terrible disease and you only realise how bad when it is a family member you are caring for every day.

I couldn't agree more Graham.  My mother had Alzheimer disease, one of the more rare, early onset forms - early 60's - where she first lost her ability to speak coherently, followed by radical personality changes. Because her speech was reduced to gibberish, we could never determine how much long and short term memory loss there was. Despite our best efforts, my father and siblings could no longer care for her & checked her into a nursing home. The doctors said she would live only 18 months. She lasted 8 more years.

At the same time, my sisters husband had Huntington  Disease in his late 40s, which is also a degenerative brain disease.  Seeing 2 family members slowly fade away is difficult and as you said,  you only realize how bad when you are the one caring for them every days for years on end.

Ain't I just a ray of sunshine today?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are dependent on our daughter and her husband who live 5 minutes from us.They shop for us ,yesterday they were here to tie up our deck furniture because it was very windy.My daughter calls every day on her way home from work and usually stops off here .She just called me to see how I am doing .I just told her what I did yesterday but I probably told her the exact same thing yesterday.My daughter who lives in Manhattan but works about 30 minutes from us sleeps over here between 1 and 3 days a week.She will be here later.

19 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Your daughters are very caring loving people Lenny.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great that you have such a wonderful loving support system.  🥰

I just want to echo @grapau27 and @Sunshine3601 comments, it's great that you have such  loving, caring support system. And It's a testament to you, the life you lived and the family you raised. 👍

• Like 4

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh, trust me, hubby wanted to buy it. unfortunately, the guy who owns it is brother to the one that is being built next to it. One never knows though 🤷‍♀️

Maybe the brother that owns the empty lot will keep it empty so that his brother - the one building the house - can have an "extra" yard. 

Might make for a nice, cozy beer garden, complete with fire pit, lawn games etc.  Just a thought you may want to plant in their heads. 😇

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We have almost a month of "high holidays", starting with the New Year, 10 days after it -- Yom Kippur, which involves fasting [25 hours] and asking forgiveness from people, usually a sad day, and, in a few days, a happy holiday, which lasts 8 days, and everything shuts down - schools, government, work places. This year, for those who work, the string of holidays is very "profitable", since it involves very long week ends....

Have a great celebration of Yom Kippur.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I use Monin Puree.   We discovered it years ago when ordering a smoothie in Lakeside Ohio and since have seen it as far away as Cambodia. I like it over the smoothie mix because once you open a smoothie mix it has to be stored in the refrigerator.   The Puree has a lot of sugar too but not as bad as drinking milkshakes almost every night.   😇

Linda really loves the Skinny Mixes which are sugar free.

https://www.skinnymixes.com/collections/skinny-syrups

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Linda really loves the Skinny Mixes which are sugar free.

https://www.skinnymixes.com/collections/skinny-syrups

I love these skinnymixes too!   I currently have pumpkin spice and hazelnut for a little splash in my coffee.   I have used their peach one for cocktails and sometimes ice cream.

• Like 1