Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

That is sweet!  (But inside only kitties live longer) 

That's good to know.  We have no intention of letting him roam outside unrestricted.  In fact, he has no interest in going outside unless we are outside & he's always within eye sight. 

We will definitely keep his outside time limited. Can't wait to he sees snow for the first time. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That's good to know.  We have no intention of letting him roam outside unrestricted.  In fact, he has no interest in going outside unless we are outside & he's always within eye sight. 

We will definitely keep his outside time limited. Can't wait to he sees snow for the first time. 

I've never really come across the concept of indoor cats before, except maybe in cities in flats.  Maybe because we don't really have any predators here. Maybe fox's 🤷‍♀️

Our last cat was bitten by another neighbourhood cat and caught cat aids when we moved house,  but survived to a reasonable age. 

Since we've had dogs we haven't had any more cats

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've never really come across the concept of indoor cats before, except maybe in cities in flats.  Maybe because we don't really have any predators here. Maybe fox's 🤷‍♀️

Our last cat was bitten by another neighbourhood cat and caught cat aids when we moved house,  but survived to a reasonable age. 

I am the same Sue and didn't realise there was house cats.

My late dad worked in the shipyards where there was always lots of stray cats and he brought kittens home on a few occasions when I was a child.

We also got cats and dogs from the animal rescue places when my brother and I were teenagers.

• Like 3

We picked up the grandkids yesterday. Cookies were made, but they will be icing and decorating them today. 

E2AAA355-3065-413E-A215-521C763DC81E.thumb.jpeg.bfc8a7201384238bb246bce8b5e1dd80.jpeg

No school for them today.  Columbus Day holiday.  We booked a hotel room for the night, so they could enjoy some indoor pool and hot tub time. 

C5E690BF-36E3-4682-9E8F-BB9E4182CC59.thumb.jpeg.4fb9251919d4ddbe088120de7b783add.jpeg

Had the pool all to ourselves last night, and they will be doing more swimming this morning before checkout. 

Me? I am off to pick up our daughter and take her to chemo treatment and other appointments today. 

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We picked up the grandkids yesterday. Cookies were made, but they will be icing and decorating them today. 

E2AAA355-3065-413E-A215-521C763DC81E.thumb.jpeg.bfc8a7201384238bb246bce8b5e1dd80.jpeg

No school for them today.  Columbus Day holiday.  We booked a hotel room for the night, so they could enjoy some indoor pool and hot tub time. 

C5E690BF-36E3-4682-9E8F-BB9E4182CC59.thumb.jpeg.4fb9251919d4ddbe088120de7b783add.jpeg

Had the pool all to ourselves last night, and they will be doing more swimming this morning before checkout. 

Me? I am off to pick up our daughter and take her to chemo treatment and other appointments today. 

Good idea re hotel, did you stay there too, or just use the facilities?  Making notes of all your gkids ideas as ours grow 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Must have took a lot of soil to fill up those plots being 3 cinder blocks high. Keeps you from bending way down though, so that is great.

Our beds are 18 to 20 inches deep.   Using core gardening system does cut down on the amount of soil.   I have a composter bin that I use year round, that helps too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Only the far end is 3 high.  The other is 2 and buried some.  Our property is sloped so I have to build up one side to level it out.  The shallow end is about 12 to 14 inches deep.  Yes it takes extra dirt but I had now choice.  The end with 3 stacked is actually harder to work.  When the tomatoes grow over 8 feet tall there is almost an extra 2 feet to reach up so to get to the higher tomatoes I have to step up on the blocks and balance on them to reach.

I made them out of blocks because wood got so costly it cost about the same to use block.  The blocks will last so much longer.  I also like the holes in the blocks.  I grow basil and marigolds in them.  It is a lot harder to build with blocks because you have to be so careful to keep it level all the way around. 

I have the same issue with a slope at the back side of my garden.   Not always easy for me to reach so it helps to be married to someone that is 6'3" with arms longer than mine.

Mine is wood but after 10+ years of having beds there are some weak sides that are starting to push out slightly.  

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's the curse of @John&LaLa. 🤣🤣🤣

Joking, of course.  I don't think it would matter in what order the Mets pitched. 

1 hit in this game & only 1 run scored in the 2 loses combined.  Not gonna get the job done. 

Cleveland, Seattle, Atlanta, and Los Angeles 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Good idea re hotel, did you stay there too, or just use the facilities?  Making notes of all your gkids ideas as ours grow 

Susan and the grandkids stayed at our house.  I went back and stayed at the hotel, because I had to get up early to take our daughter. That way I wouldn’t disturb them getting ready. 

I think their plan is yo go have breakfast at the hotel and swim this morning.  There is a pretty good breakfast there.  I am glad I could grab some food for the road. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It is true that indoor cats tend to live longer.  Of course where you live, and the predators that also live there, needs to be considered. Also realize that though he may seem timid of the new surrounding now, as he becomes more comfortable with the outside world you may find it harder to keep him inside.  If his predator instincts kick in he is going to want to go hunting. Then there is the issue of roads and cars....

If you truly set on giving him some outside time maybe consider a harness and leash as you are never going to catch a cat that doesn't want to be caught.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

All my cats are inside cats.  We do have an enclosed pen for them to go outside.  We have too many predators, plus roads to ever let them roam free.  

• Like 10

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Around here, we have cars, bobcats, and coyotes that can be dangerous for pet cats outdoors. A friend of mine found out the hard way when her indoor/outdoor cat met a bobcat. It was traumatic for her to find that scene in her yard. Our cats do not go outside.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Checked in for our Thanksgiving Adventure OTS cruise today!! So ready to sail again.

Awesome! When do you sail and what is the itinerary? I have some great memories of that ship sailing out of both San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale. Doing the checkin seems to really increase the excitement for me.🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Awesone! When do you sail and what is the itinerary? I have some great memories of that ship sailing out of San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale.

We sail 11/24 (Thanksgiving Day) out of Galveston. Unfortunately, it's just a short 4-nighter to Cozumel over the holiday weekend, and Andrew will actually be missing school on Monday when we disembark and drive home. We are happy to be able to squeeze in a 2nd cruise this year even though it's a short one.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We sail 11/24 (Thanksgiving Day) out of Galveston. Unfortunately, it's just a short 4-nighter to Cozumel over the holiday weekend, and Andrew will actually be missing school on Monday when we disembark and drive home. We are happy to be able to squeeze in a 2nd cruise this year even though it's a short one.

I actually didn't realize that Adventure was in Galveston. I'll tell you what, I will let you keep Adventure there if I can keep Allure in Ft. Lauderdale. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2