Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today was my turn to host our small HS friends group. I laid the table on the balcony, since it was a gorgeous day. The moment we sat down to eat, the weather turned, and drops of rain started. When the rain got "serious", we each grabbed a dish or two, and went inside...

So this pic is from our dining space. The rain was gone rather quickly, replaced by a very hot weather, so we opted to remain inside for cake and coffee.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf0ce3d5ab497ff476209dfc53159025.jpeg

We had also a very partial sun eclipse, and DH prepared filters for every one of us -

image.thumb.jpeg.a2e6ee47b47f3ca0284b78b6acea97d2.jpeg

• Like 29

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think everyone has been “looking” at Icon, but how many will book. It has a few new things I would not mind experiencing, but then I think……

Max capacity 1,000 more than Oasis Class, and not much bigger.  I already think Oasis class is too crowded when it sails full.  

Maybe I will book it during the next pandemic when it sails 1/4 full.  Until then, the older ships will be good enough for me. 

I've been skimming thru some of the Icon threads as well and as expected, reactions are mixed.   Which is fine as everyone has their pwn exceptions of what a cruise should be.

I guess the only thing I would add - here on this thread where it's safe - is that Royal has gotten really good a "passenger flow" by spreading events (and people) all around the ship at different times to alleviate chock points.  I've sailed all classes of ships from Radiance on up to Oasis and while all will feel crowded at max capacity, in my very subjective experience, the Radiance class felt most crowded while the Oasis felt least crowded.   I understand if people don't want to sail on a ship with water slides, bumper cars, etc and have to schedule shows in advance but I wouldn't let the number of passengers on a ship deter me.

JMHO.

• Like 5

On 10/24/2022 at 2:53 PM, George C said:

We sail on Beyond in 34 days on Caribbean cruise from Ft Lauderdale 😁😁, booked a sky suite with a very very weak move up bid for penthouse.

Since you and I both attended concerts at the Fillmore East at the same time I am inviting you to post on the music threads in the Floataway Lounge as I believe we both had the same interests in music at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I've been skimming thru some of the Icon threads as well and as expected, reactions are mixed.   Which is fine as everyone has their pwn exceptions of what a cruise should be.

I guess the only thing I would add - here on this thread where it's safe - is that Royal has gotten really good a "passenger flow" by spreading events (and people) all around the ship at different times to alleviate chock points.  I've sailed all classes of ships from Radiance on up to Oasis and while all will feel crowded at max capacity, in my very subjective experience, the Radiance class felt most crowded while the Oasis felt least crowded.   I understand if people don't want to sail on a ship with water slides, bumper cars, etc and have to schedule shows in advance but I wouldn't let the number of passengers on a ship deter me.

JMHO.

I would like to sail on the Icon if there was a family group- I don’t care about slides and carousels, but it sounds great for that kind of trip. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Now that baseball season is officially over, 😉, time for me to catch up on my DVR recordings. I have 5 episodes of Amazing Race to watch. Anyone else watching?

I am watching Amazing Race.I am rooting for Marcus and Michael and Emily and Molly.There seem to be many nice people this season .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

JMHO.

All we have looked at is renderings. I reserve judgement until I am standing on the ship and experience it for myself. My first cruise on Royal was Navigator, and I do not think any picture could have replaced standing in the Royal Promenade and seeing the size. My experience up to that point was Celebrity Millennium  class.

• Like 3

Maryann, thank you for asking.  My ankle is totally healed.  However, the top part of my foot is giving me lots of pain.  Surgeon said I need to see a Podiatrist, that it's not an ankle issue.  First appointment was 2 weeks from when I called.  One night it was so painful, Jack took me to the ER to be sure nothing was broken. Thankfully, nothing was.  I saw my Podiatrist  6 days ago.  Did some blood work, said it showed an inflammation but he couldn't determine which kind.  I was put on prednisone for 6 days and although it did help with the inflammation and pain I still need to walk with the aid of a cane and I cannot walk barefoot without limping.  Icing it is the only thing I can do for now.  Next Podiatrist visit is in a few days.  Not sure what the next step will be.

This should be my worst ailment.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, thank you for asking.  My ankle is totally healed.  However, the top part of my foot is giving me lots of pain.  Surgeon said I need to see a Podiatrist, that it's not an ankle issue.  First appointment was 2 weeks from when I called.  One night it was so painful, Jack took me to the ER to be sure nothing was broken. Thankfully, nothing was.  I saw my Podiatrist  6 days ago.  Did some blood work, said it showed an inflammation but he couldn't determine which kind.  I was put on prednisone for 6 days and although it did help with the inflammation and pain I still need to walk with the aid of a cane and I cannot walk barefoot without limping.  Icing it is the only thing I can do for now.  Next Podiatrist visit is in a few days.  Not sure what the next step will be.

This should be my worst ailment.

Hope they find out what is wrong. Limping around is not fun🙏🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Today was my turn to host our small HS friends group. I laid the table on the balcony, since it was a gorgeous day.

It is so nice that you can all get together, Dani.   What a great looking group. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Today was my turn to host our small HS friends group. I laid the table on the balcony, since it was a gorgeous day. The moment we sat down to eat, the weather turned, and drops of rain started. When the rain got "serious", we each grabbed a dish or two, and went inside...

So this pic is from our dining space. The rain was gone rather quickly, replaced by a very hot weather, so we opted to remain inside for cake and coffee.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf0ce3d5ab497ff476209dfc53159025.jpeg

We had also a very partial sun eclipse, and DH prepared filters for every one of us -

image.thumb.jpeg.a2e6ee47b47f3ca0284b78b6acea97d2.jpeg

Very nice group photo Dani, with that amazing artwork as the backdrop!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Not sure if you found it or if someone else already replies but here it is.

Of course, thank you, I had forgotten. There's been so many trip reports recently, I got confused (not that difficult☺️)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I've sailed all classes of ships from Radiance on up to Oasis and while all will feel crowded at max capacity, in my very subjective experience, the Radiance class felt most crowded while the Oasis felt least crowded. 

The only time Oasis class ships ever feel crowded to me is usually the first day at the elevators.  Also the pools look crowded at times but I usually don't get in them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Now that baseball season is officially over, 😉, time for me to catch up on my DVR recordings. I have 5 episodes of Amazing Race to watch. Anyone else watching?

We always watch, although our local CBS affiliate is in contract dispute with directv stream so I will have to watch it on Paramount Plus.  A bit of a pain.  The travel is less ambitious than in the past.  Every episode is an elimination leg.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We always watch, although our local CBS affiliate is in contract dispute with directv stream so I will have to watch it on Paramount Plus.  A bit of a pain.  The travel is less ambitious than in the past.  Every episode is an elimination leg.  

CBS and Verizon are in dispute here. 

On the way home from the hospital today, stopped at Firebird’s for lunch.  And to my surprise, they had seasonal cocktails. 🤣🤣

So here you go @bobmacliberty, a recipe for a cinnamon mai tai.  I guess as long as you are experimenting, you can try everything.  

13379478-2D4D-4AF9-AAE6-C06D3FB05F26.thumb.jpeg.a94999161921c05d03409d95edf74fc9.jpeg

Lunch was a couple light items.  Chicken tortilla soup. 

23AD6E0B-78AC-46C8-9FFA-F08D0D897DD8.thumb.jpeg.ffacbc5e3d1dabd65baeedecd7b0e6c5.jpeg

And a smokehouse chicken sandwich 

353BC370-E135-44C4-89D1-8BEB47B45AE0.thumb.jpeg.c9afff545ec621160c80781163ba4c8d.jpeg

You can never go wrong when bacon is involved. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching Amazing Race.I am rooting for Marcus and Michael and Emily and Molly.There seem to be many nice people this season .

I am rooting for Marcus and Michael also.  Emily and Molly are a good story.  I agree that there are many nice people this season, although some seem like it's just a matter of time before they are eliminated.  

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 2:07 PM, Jimbo said:

Doesn't make sense though because those balconies pictures are larger then the normal balcony and they usually charge more for those cabins. I still can't seem to find any of those cabins showing as available to book.  Looking at March 2025, The itinerary with 4 ports.

14354 and 14356 are mine for March 8, 2025.

Booked a few other afts yesterday for clients.  Best deal on the ship IMO.

• Like 7