Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It was amazing.

London did the UK proud.

I have watched it again on BBC you tube.

Happy new year.

ny-269.gif

Spectacular show.  I liked the tribute to the Queen and the finale was amazing.  Cool use of lasers and drones in addition to the fireworks.  They must have shut down the London Eye and the Queen's Walk area for several days to set up.

Here's the video for those who want to watch.  The "show" starts a little before the 4:00 mark.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Spectacular show.  I liked the tribute to the Queen and the finale was amazing.  Cool use of lasers and drones in addition to the fireworks.  They must have shut down the London Eye and the Queen's Walk area for several days to set up.

Here's the video for those who want to watch.  The "show" starts a little before the 4:00 mark.

WOW!!  Truly amazing.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Didn’t get out of bed til midday today.  Haven’t done that since I was a teen.  My feet have blisters from speed walking 2km in heels last night from the Opera House to Town Hall (2km).  Should have listened to DH and worn sneakers…plenty of smart women dressed up at the Opera House but wearing nice white sneakers last night for all the walking required due to all the street closures….

Nice sunny day here today with a bit of a breeze.  Had a lane to myself at the pool in the afternoon, no doubt due to lots of people nursing hangovers and their New Year’s resolutions will start tomorrow.

DD was home with Max last night.  Thankfully the 9pm fireworks locally were much shorter than usual so he coped ok this year.1AC52CDB-615E-48AE-8D7E-D457790FE54A.thumb.jpeg.e255994ec7bbadee96e3ec4038169bd4.jpeg

Tony of La Lido Loca you tube vlog posted Australia's NYE fireworks show.  Very impressive!

• Like 2

The last of the sand sculptures for a while. Somebody wanted one big enough to fit her and her brother.  

CB246625-BAC9-4C32-A438-833B2F5A9262.thumb.jpeg.5cd1c38d7bf9183c59c3349acabf8b96.jpeg

4645D67F-6A61-4E8D-B507-A823EF20A0E8.thumb.jpeg.290a1769dd4f1b3c92f3f740d78d072f.jpeg

My CA family is already in the air and will land in San Francisco in about 4 hours. 

My PA family is flying home this afternoon. 

It has been great having everyone together for the week. 

• Like 30

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Happy new year to you and your lovely family.

Graham.

Graham:I watched the New Year celebration on BBC You Tube .It was great.

I normally do not watch the singers on the US shows but I did last night.Duran Duran was at the NY show.Simon ,the oldest band member looked younger than the other guys.

• Like 2

We're going to friends today for an early dinner/late lunch.  I hope she makes her chicken tetrazzini.  Fabulous!  She refused my offer to bring anything but said if I want, I can bring a dessert.  I made a banana/pecan/choco chip loaf and bought a sugar free blueberry pie for the 2 that I know are diabetic.

Fun people and good food.  Great combo!

@h20skibum Mark, you have very talented grands!  So special to be together with family in such a beautiful setting.

@Sunshine3601Debbie, Petey looks like a honey!

Hope everyone enjoys the first day of 2023.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're going to friends today for an early dinner/late lunch.  I hope she makes her chicken tetrazzini.  Fabulous!  She refused my offer to bring anything but said if I want, I can bring a dessert.  I made a banana/pecan/choco chip loaf and bought a sugar free blueberry pie for the 2 that I know are diabetic.

@h20skibum Mark, you have very talented grands!  So special to be together with family in such a beautiful setting.

@Sunshine3601Debbie, 

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 1st day of 2023.   Have fun😀

I have been watching the mummers parade while putting away anything Santa related and putting out some winter decorations, snowmen, penguins, etc.   Undecorated the tree and just left the lights on as we love to sit at nighttime with house lights off, tree on while we watch TV.

Took down our lighted snoopy, Woodstock, Rudolph and a Christmas mouse from outside but left the bush lights and walkway lights in place for this week.

Going to head over to Ross and Macy's for some returns either today or tomorrow and see what winter sales are happening.

I received a nice amex gift card from boss might be time to buy a nice new handbag.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, Petey looks like a honey!

Bonnie, it sounds like a great day with friends, as well as some good food.  Great way to start the New Year!  

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The last of the sand sculptures for a while. Somebody wanted one big enough to fit her and her brother.  

CB246625-BAC9-4C32-A438-833B2F5A9262.thumb.jpeg.5cd1c38d7bf9183c59c3349acabf8b96.jpeg

4645D67F-6A61-4E8D-B507-A823EF20A0E8.thumb.jpeg.290a1769dd4f1b3c92f3f740d78d072f.jpeg

My CA family is already in the air and will land in San Francisco in about 4 hours. 

My PA family is flying home this afternoon. 

It has been great having everyone together for the week. 

Your family's sand sculptures are amazing!

What a wonderful week you all were able to share together!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A very foggy, drizzly, damp New Years Eve has given way to an awesome New England NewYears Day. My best wishes to all if you...

20230101_122508.thumb.jpg.58e46e8ea37d46a406622a692d10686b.jpg

20230101_122443.thumb.jpg.7126916ed95121f0bb833c952bfca4a1.jpg

20230101_114842.thumb.jpg.8f85400012c8136fda3a5145e2490a3a.jpg

It is a clear bright blue sky here at home and a lovely 79 degrees outside.  For our walk on the beach earlier it was slightly cooler and very foggy.  There was a red flag warning.  The fog still had not lifted after lunch at 2 p.m.  

140033326_Beach2023.thumb.jpeg.d18b6ca6755595e5714dea28d22a6ae2.jpeg

80575710_Beach22023.thumb.jpeg.d0f1d15c6ea0f20213c0c7d7677cae7c.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@Sunshine3601 I had to look up the mummers parade.  Here in Australia, mom is spelt mum, so I immediately had visions of a large group of mums dancing and parading along the streets (which sounds like a great idea to me) 🤣

Google search filled me in on the mummers parade.

On a side note - has anyone donated to Wiki? Their pleas are getting more desperate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sunshine3601 I had to look up the mummers parade.  Here in Australia, mom is spelt mum, so I immediately had visions of a large group of mums dancing and parading along the streets (which sounds like a great idea to me) 🤣

Google search filled me in on the mummers parade.

On a side note - has anyone donated to Wiki? Their pleas are getting more desperate.

Agree, the Wiki pleas have gotten a bit over the top.

• Like 1

Watched the original Avatar last night.  Haven’t seen it since we saw it on release at the cinema.

I wanted to re-watch because I plan to see the sequel.  Enjoyed the original just as much the second time around.

I know the sequel is getting mixed reviews but I just plan to go and enjoy the visuals which are apparently stunning.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

60 years ago my then girl friend and I were in Times Square on New Years Eve to see 1963 come in.I will never forget that night.For some reason I never went back on a New Years Eve.

About 80 years ago was the only time I was in Times Square for New Years Eve. 
All I saw was men’s rear ends in trousers, women’s rears in dresses, but mostly smelled wet wool coats. 
I never went back, either. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6