Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, George C said:

We get most things from Amazon prime in a day , I also like many of the shows on Amazon . We ( meaning my wife) will put all our Christmas stuff down this weekend, we were late putting the tree up due to cruise 😁😁

Amazon Prime the last 6 months was terrible, never anything the next day delivered.........We will lose Amazon Prime on the TV, but my Wife still has Net Flix, Peacock and something called Amazon Freebie where she can still get her Movie Fix !

Me, I just need my Sports Channels and Regular  Local Cable TV Channels and I'm Fine. 🙂

• Like 5

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening it is 23.09pm.

We have been at 2 hospitals today with our Sarah for over 11 hours.

Her diagnosis is a slipped disc in her spine pressing on a nerve with fluid leaking.

She had an x-ray at one hospital and the doctor sent us to the regional Major hospital where she had a CT scan and MRI scan.

I hope she gets relief soon. 
🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Amazon Prime the last 6 months was terrible, never anything the next day delivered.........We will lose Amazon Prime on the TV, but my Wife still has Net Flix, Peacock and something called Amazon Freebie where she can still get her Movie Fix !

Me, I just need my Sports Channels and Regular  Local Cable TV Channels and I'm Fine. 🙂

Amazon Freebie is movies with commercials.I have that .Some movies have a few short commercials and others have many commercials.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I should since one day he will inherit all of it. I don't know if he will want all of it. But there is some rare, old and expensive stuff in there.

Good idea to have your son do it but I was thinking anyone young that should be around for a while.  Train them and build up trust then when you get old the younger trusted one could be of service to you. 

• Like 2

I bought some items from Walmart the other day.  I recieved an email saying it would be delivered by UPS that day.  At 300 the amazon guy delivered a package , in an Amazon prime label, and it was the product I ordered. About 530, I recieved a message that UPS had just delivered  my package. No message from Amazon, so they must have fulfilled the order for whoever Walmart had originally placed the order with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani would know better but if purchased in the Middle East, it looks like a Passover seder plate to be filled with traditional items and displayed on the dinner table during Passover.. 6th item is usually salt water.

Seder plate

Arrange five items on the plate: a hard-boiled egg; a roasted shank bone; a spring vegetable such as parsley, called karpas; a mixture of fruit, wine, and nuts, called charoset; and either prepared or fresh horseradish, called maror.

Learn About the 6 Elements of a Traditional Seder Plate | Kitchn

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That it looks like a "Seder" plate was my initial thinking too, but then, it usually says in the middle: "Passover" --   "פסח", which gave me "second thoughts". 

But then my DH "took over", magnified it, and you can definitely see IT IS a "Seder" plate -- we can definitely identify "Karpas" (כרפס), "Charoset" (חרוסת), "Beytza" (ביצה) and "Maror" (מרור)....

Here's a plate I've found on google....

Karpas at the Pesach Seder | Ohr Torah Stone

Thank you both, Bonnie and Dani, as well as Dani's DH.  We are always learning from each other on this thread!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah, I'm feeling your pain too.  When I got stuck the other day I was so angry.  That's a rookie mistake that someone like me should never make.  I know others are worse off but this just gets old after a while. A friend of mine who lives over in Coalinga sent me this.  He doesn't know the context only the result. 

image.thumb.jpeg.025036809061a5caa0848657ddb5d78f.jpeg

We've got sun and cloud today but the forecast for the next week, starting tomorrow, is rain or showers through next Wednesday.

Dave, and Patti @CoralcI can only imagine the frustration and hardships that are coming about due to the weather that all of you in California are experiencing.  I truly hope this drenching rain, mudslides, etc. will cease...😔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We wanted to order Airtags before our next cruise.  I looked at Amazon Prime and it said I wouldn't get them until the 25th.  To late.  I then checked out Walmart.  I ordered them Monday and they cam in yesterday! Same price.  Glad I checked there.  

I can order something from Walmart and they bring it from the store in my town the same day.  Hardly worth me driving there to get it😇  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

+1.

Graham,I have something very similar to CES.I have all the symptoms but not the specific diagnosis.The treatment described to me was surgery or injections.I opted for the injections.The doctor who I saw said that because of my age and my many illnesses including Parkinsons he would not recommend the surgery..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I sure hope you meant 2022 otherwise I missed the Bella Cruise and the chance of meeting a whole bunch of new friends. LOL

Yes Brain fart since we are in 2023 now but meant 2022.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We signed the initial paperwork in early September and they just broke ground this week. We had such a delay because the county here gave us issues on permitting and we eventually had to have our HOA sign off on us vacating an easement behind our house.  

I worked downtown today and came home to find the concrete has been poured and is curing 🙂

CBDD886F-8AC4-4A13-A0F3-167BF2E7D4BA.jpeg

Crystal - Is that a sun/baja shelf in the lower left area?  If so, have you picked out loungers for that area?  We have a small sun shelf and I'm looking at chair options.  

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I bought some items from Walmart the other day.  I recieved an email saying it would be delivered by UPS that day.  At 300 the amazon guy delivered a package , in an Amazon prime label, and it was the product I ordered. About 530, I recieved a message that UPS had just delivered  my package. No message from Amazon, so they must have fulfilled the order for whoever Walmart had originally placed the order with.

I watched a video about Amazon's logistics the other day (click here if interested).  They'll use their own planes/trucks or they'll outsource to UPS/Fedex or even the US postal service depending on where the item is coming from and going to.  The USPS already delivers just about everywhere (especially remote locations) and some locations are not worth adding to the Amazon delivery network.  It's not surprising that Walmart would also just outsource some of their deliveries to the existing Amazon network.  Whatever's the fastest/cheapest way to get it there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I can order something from Walmart and they bring it from the store in my town the same day.  Hardly worth me driving there to get it😇  

We ordered something from Walmart on line with a projected delivery the next day.   A few hours later got a text saying Fred will deliver your package in 18 minutes.  We were out at the time and yep package was by front door when we got home.  We were pleasantly surprised.  Will have to remember them with our next order.

As for Amazon, my daughter lives outside DC, have ordered gifts for the grandkids and they were at their house within hours.  Some things take a bit longer but they do get deliveries much quicker than we do here.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We signed the initial paperwork in early September and they just broke ground this week. We had such a delay because the county here gave us issues on permitting and we eventually had to have our HOA sign off on us vacating an easement behind our house.  

I worked downtown today and came home to find the concrete has been poured and is curing 🙂

I am amazed at how quickly your pool is getting done, Crystal!  Awesome!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

We get most things from Amazon prime in a day , I also like many of the shows on Amazon . We ( meaning my wife) will put all our Christmas stuff down this weekend, we were late putting the tree up due to cruise 😁😁

I never had the need for Amazon Prime since we usually order more than $25 which is free delivery.  We usually get delivery sooner than the promised date which is always a good surprise.  We've ordered from Walmart as well, with good results.  We like Wayfair for home decor.  Our favorite brick and mortar store for home decor is At Home and Home Goods.  The  mother of all stores here is Nebraska Furniture Mart.  We have great shopping, don't we?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Didn't know you have a street right behind you like that. Might have to get a solid fence back there now. Just how busy is that road behind you? Looks like it may be a pretty busy road. What is the speed limit on that road. The owners across the street have quite a fence there. Looks like a really large lot there?

Looks like that got into the back of your property without disturbing to much, only taking out 2 sections of fence. Do they have to do anything special when building a built in pool in your area when the sea level(water level) isn't that far down?

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

it is! and we have…I think…I’m eyeing one or two of these from Wayfair but I just can’t make myself commit https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/orren-ellis-mcloud-in-pool-chaise-lounge-w000526600.html

Ouch ! $1000 a chair?

Here is 2 for $1600

https://www.aquablumosaics.com/products/kai-shelf-lounger-luxury-pool-lounge-chair

Free Shipping

kai-lounger-3.jpg?v=1660771136

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

I posted my son in Canada a card & CDN for Christmas.  He was horrified when I told him because unbeknownst to me, a staff member had been fired for stealing from the mail.  He was convinced he wouldn’t receive it.  

Thankfully it did arrive (2 weeks via standard mail).  

Going forward, I will definitely be doing the international money transfer instead especially since getting CDN was a pain - after clearly requesting Canadian dollars and after a long wait, I was given Indonesian dollars from the new staff member…..  Then the very grumpy Manager had to take over to reverse the transaction and do it all again.  He was not happy and the poor girl got the brunt of his displeasure and then the dramatics when I asked for small notes….. (which I had requested originally)

• Like 3