Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, George C said:

Happy birthday, I will celebrate your birthday with several drinks, doing a four course wine dinner at Ruth Chris featuring Stag Leap wines .

I love Ruth Chris. I was so bummed when they closed in Kansas City. Enjoy and cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my birthday.  My birthday wish is for everyone in my world to have the best health, and the most wonderful moments in your lives.

We're going out for an early dinner with a bunch of our friends and although I don't usually drink adult beverages much, I am going to make an exception later today!

Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

• Thanks 1

We are going on a cruise on Grandeur in June.  They have a sale on all the packages right now and I need some input on them.  We are diamond so I don't think we need an alcoholic drink package since we really don't drink that many drinks.  It is a stretch for me to get to 4 a day.  We do however drink a lot of water, sodas, and coffee.  The coffees from Starbucks is not included in the package so where do you get specialty coffees?  The refreshment package is $27.99 pp, per night.  What is everyone's thoughts?  Worth it or no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my birthday.  My birthday wish is for everyone in my world to have the best health, and the most wonderful moments in your lives.

We're going out for an early dinner with a bunch of our friends and although I don't usually drink adult beverages much, I am going to make an exception later today!

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Bonnie!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy birthday Bonnie.

bonnie-16.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

All aboard!  Boarding from this port was the easiest.  Right across the street from the bus stop and the ship was right there.  The internet didn’t work on my phone this whole time afternoon.  Switched to my iPad and it’s working great now.  So, going back a few hours…

Once on board

213ADC23-03B9-43B1-8281-C9A03E3B9833.thumb.jpeg.717f271ca871eda2c79b7035511601a9.jpeg

Found Ken at the Flow Rider.  Here’s Toby in action

F6CB6A9E-6D9F-480A-A637-BF08D781BFA8.thumb.jpeg.c3ca593f53584658b489467cae761680.jpeg

Cloudy all day.  Nice and cool

099A5310-2B86-4529-B7C7-D68473C1A2E7.thumb.jpeg.7ec3b775556cbdd8a724ef403958e24d.jpeg

We are about to sail away.

Best wishes for an amazing cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy birthday!! 🎂  I join you in your birthday wish.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We are going on a cruise on Grandeur in June.  They have a sale on all the packages right now and I need some input on them.  We are diamond so I don't think we need an alcoholic drink package since we really don't drink that many drinks.  It is a stretch for me to get to 4 a day.  We do however drink a lot of water, sodas, and coffee.  The coffees from Starbucks is not included in the package so where do you get specialty coffees?  The refreshment package is $27.99 pp, per night.  What is everyone's thoughts?  Worth it or no?

The coffee machine in the Diamond lounge gives you a great cup of coffee.

If you don't use your 4 free Diamond drinks for alcohol ask for  large bottles of water or soda instead to take back to your cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love Ruth Chris. I was so bummed when they closed in Kansas City. Enjoy and cheers!

We only go there when they have wine dinners and we like the wine food is always great , we go a few times a year , but we prefer our normal restaurant because of the nightly live music. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

This is our excursion today. It's supposed to last 8 to 10 hours depending on traffic. 

image.thumb.png.6b3062f3dde5b984993e21ed5ba5e3aa.png

I should have time to post pics between post if my battery last and I don't fall asleep.   I woke up around 2 or 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep.  He just said we will 7pm. It is currently 8:30am.  I don't think the guy ahead of us knew it was sooo long 😂

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Is there a good  you tube video  showing from start to finish what all is involved with this type of cooking out there?

Sorry, not aware. But pretty sure there should be several

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

We usually get the refreshment package because our vouchers are more than enough alcoholic drinks for us but we like soda, water and specialty coffees.  We do not like the coffee from the machine in the DL, we prefer the specialty coffee from Cafe Lattetudes, especially mochas which the DL machine does not make.  That is the lowest I have seen the refreshment package lately.  Haven't sailed Grandeur but it is on the list of ships with freestyle machines, so that would be a huge plus for my diet root beer loving DH.  Refreshment covers both still and sparkling water, so I always drink San Pellegrino with meals, instead of ship water.  I would buy a refreshment at that price if I was sailing that ship. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We usually get the refreshment package because our vouchers are more than enough alcoholic drinks for us but we like soda, water and specialty coffees.  We do not like the coffee from the machine in the DL, we prefer the specialty coffee from Cafe Lattetudes, especially mochas which the DL machine does not make.  That is the lowest I have seen the refreshment package lately.  Haven't sailed Grandeur but it is on the list of ships with freestyle machines, so that would be a huge plus for my diet root beer loving DH.  Refreshment covers both still and sparkling water, so I always drink San Pellegrino with meals, instead of ship water.  I would buy a refreshment at that price if I was sailing that ship. 🙂 

How does the freestyle machine work?  Can you tell it has been a hot minute since we have cruised and things have really changed.  I like the thought of the sparkling water.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes.

Well I thought it was more of a faster way to cook things....

It's not really that at all,what it is,is a more accurate  way to cook things.

A huge difference.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

How does the freestyle machine work?  Can you tell it has been a hot minute since we have cruised and things have really changed.  I like the thought of the sparkling water.  

You get a cup that has an RFID chip in the base that activates the machine.  There used to be a time limit between fills but there hasn't been one on our last cruises.  The machines have a lot of different flavors that are not available from the soda gun at bars.  Lots of different sugar free flavors which is important to my diabetic DH.  

Unlimited San Pellegrino is why I get the refreshment package as I will have three of the little bottles at dinner alone and those go for about $4 each last I checked.  Add at least one mocha a day, fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, a couple of still waters and a soda or two and it is worth it for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Guess I was going by John's post about doing pulled pork in his Big Green Egg.... about it being faster then that. Guess comparing both BGE is really slow.

The fastest way I know to do pulled pork from scratch is with an Instant Pot.  I've done that as well and is also good. Takes just over an hour from opening the package of pork, to spreading it on the bun.

https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/8324-pressure-cooker-barbecue-pulled-pork

dp

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy B-Day. Now I have a reason to have a Kraken Alexander tonight. Most of the time I have one for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12