Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

A Ricky update. 

IMG_7143.thumb.jpeg.138885db798be2aad61dae2bb5aa108d.jpeg

I am wondering if he even moved from his cat tree, other than to assume the sleeping position. 

IMG_7150.thumb.jpeg.cd9d4ee48c8f75fba02cfc33a821fd57.jpeg

I have been at my daughter’s house the last couple days, repairing and repainting a hole in the drywall that my granddaughter and her friends created.  

I said I would fix it, after she shed tears and played the “You don’t love me anymore” card on her mom and dad.  Susan said I was just perpetuating the belief that I can fix anything.  Already the grandkids automatically say to call me, anytime something breaks. 

• Like 19

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

All aboard!  Boarding from this port was the easiest.  Right across the street from the bus stop and the ship was right there.  The internet didn’t work on my phone this whole time afternoon.  Switched to my iPad and it’s working great now.  So, going back a few hours…

Once on board

213ADC23-03B9-43B1-8281-C9A03E3B9833.thumb.jpeg.717f271ca871eda2c79b7035511601a9.jpeg

Found Ken at the Flow Rider.  Here’s Toby in action

F6CB6A9E-6D9F-480A-A637-BF08D781BFA8.thumb.jpeg.c3ca593f53584658b489467cae761680.jpeg

Cloudy all day.  Nice and cool

099A5310-2B86-4529-B7C7-D68473C1A2E7.thumb.jpeg.7ec3b775556cbdd8a724ef403958e24d.jpeg

We are about to sail away.

Im so jealous. I wish I was with all of you. Have a fantastic cruise but I know you will.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hmmm.  If only there was a way to answer your question. 😏

45 minutes to cook a piece of fish? How is that fast?

1 hour to cook a steak? 

Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After walking so far I was exhausted and couldn't walk anymore. 

20230501_145445.thumb.jpg.085a4a69cc71fc3c52ffda9cbbdf2173.jpg

We turned the the Rollator into a transport chair.   After a couple blocks things looked familiar.   We were passing Duke's!  Can you just walk by Duke's? So again....

20230501_141539.thumb.jpg.00d372b87eb68fbd9a6cd32e3c216223.jpg

20230501_141621.thumb.jpg.0b168097e23875c84313f451f080efee.jpg

After Duke's I gained energy and was walking again. 

Total deliciousness. 😋

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@BonTexasNY      Bonnie,

How was your rip to NJ?

Are you still here enjoying the "chilling" weather or back home in TX?

Thanks for asking.  We're still in sunny, beautiful TX (81 today) and are leaving on May 9 for cool, rainy NJ.  Weather doesn't much matter since all we want to do is hug our "babies".

• Like 10

Today is my birthday.  My birthday wish is for everyone in my world to have the best health, and the most wonderful moments in your lives.

We're going out for an early dinner with a bunch of our friends and although I don't usually drink adult beverages much, I am going to make an exception later today!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 29

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my birthday.  My birthday wish is for everyone in my world to have the best health, and the most wonderful moments in your lives.

We're going out for an early dinner with a bunch of our friends and although I don't usually drink adult beverages much, I am going to make an exception later today!

Happiest of Birthdays wished to you Bonnie on your latest trip around the sun. I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Cheers to you today!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy birthday.  🎉🎁🎂. I hope you enjoy your day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

A Ricky update. 

IMG_7143.thumb.jpeg.138885db798be2aad61dae2bb5aa108d.jpeg

I am wondering if he even moved from his cat tree, other than to assume the sleeping position. 

IMG_7150.thumb.jpeg.cd9d4ee48c8f75fba02cfc33a821fd57.jpeg

I have been at my daughter’s house the last couple days, repairing and repainting a hole in the drywall that my granddaughter and her friends created.  

I said I would fix it, after she shed tears and played the “You don’t love me anymore” card on her mom and dad.  Susan said I was just perpetuating the belief that I can fix anything.  Already the grandkids automatically say to call me, anytime something breaks. 

Same here for Jim.  Grandchildren know Pop will fix/make anything for them.  But that's just what grandparents do, am I right??☺️

Ricky is very photogenic!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

45 minutes to cook a piece of fish? How is that fast?

1 hour to cook a steak? 

Am I missing something here?

It's not supposed to be fast.  It's supposed to cook food to a precise temperature and keep the food tender/moist (since it doesn't cook out the moisture in foods).  It takes longer because you are slowly bringing the food up to temperature.  That's both an advantage and a disadvantage.  The disadvantage is that you need to prep a little earlier.  The advantage is that you can let the food sit in the water bath until you're ready, allowing you to focus on other things.  Food has a min time that it must cook to ensure that it's up to temp, but you can go hours longer than that without impacting food quality.  Steaks for example could sit in the water for a few hours and still be great.  If you want fast, I'd suggest a microwave.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Total deliciousness. 😋

Thanks for asking.  We're still in sunny, beautiful TX (81 today) and are leaving on May 9 for cool, rainy NJ.  Weather doesn't much matter since all we want to do is hug our "babies".

It should be sunny and in the 70’s in a good portion of NJ starting May 8.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Bonnie.Enjoy the celebration of a wonderful day.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's not supposed to be fast.  It's supposed to cook food to a precise temperature and keep the food tender/moist (since it doesn't cook out the moisture in foods).  It takes longer because you are slowly bringing the food up to temperature.  That's both an advantage and a disadvantage.  The disadvantage is that you need to prep a little earlier.  The advantage is that you can let the food sit in the water bath until you're ready, allowing you to focus on other things.  Food has a min time that it must cook to ensure that it's up to temp, but you can go hours longer than that without impacting food quality.  Steaks for example could sit in the water for a few hours and still be great.  If you want fast, I'd suggest a microwave.

Guess I was going by John's post about doing pulled pork in his Big Green Egg.... about it being faster then that. Guess comparing both BGE is really slow.

Happy Birthday 🥂🎉🎂

Enjoy your dinner and visit with family next week.

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

Pauline came out with me today while I called on a few long time customers.

She read a book while I was in my calls.

Afterwards we had a nice lunch.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

IMG_20230503_130857.jpg

• Like 17

Happy birthday, I will celebrate your birthday with several drinks, doing a four course wine dinner at Ruth Chris featuring Stag Leap wines .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy birthday to you!!

• Thanks 1