Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@DaniDanielle  Marietta, sorry for the multiple posts. The site was down when I hit "submit" and after an hour or so.... turns out there were several of them. I've asked the mods to delete the additional ones, but they're taking their sweet time... 😘

@TravelGirlinDallas  Bethany, you should be so proud of your handsome son's accomplishments. And a very happy birthday to him.

[In Israel he should have been given a very big party, since 13 is "bar-mitzva" / aka grown man 😉 ]

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Andrew is in 6th grade, and he just earned a spot in his middle school's top Honor Band for next year. We are so proud of him. The top band is made up of mostly 8th graders, so it's a big deal for him since he is younger. I was heavily involved in music in my younger years, I even initially majored in music in college before switching to accounting, so it really makes me happy to see him enjoying band so much.

Baseball season (rec league) is wrapping up right now, and then next year he'll be school athletics for the first time. (The schools here don't offer athletics until 7th grade.) He is going to play football, basketball, and run track. 

My baby will be 13 in two weeks!

WilsonAndrew.thumb.jpeg.257c56372264e183185cfbd619cd92c8.jpeg

IMG_0426.thumb.jpg.99edf1ceea07702ed86c8b6c2a50b3f2.jpg

Well done to your Andrew Bethany.

well-done-good-job.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Andrew is in 6th grade, and he just earned a spot in his middle school's top Honor Band for next year. We are so proud of him. The top band is made up of mostly 8th graders, so it's a big deal for him since he is younger. I was heavily involved in music in my younger years, I even initially majored in music in college before switching to accounting, so it really makes me happy to see him enjoying band so much.

Baseball season (rec league) is wrapping up right now, and then next year he'll be school athletics for the first time. (The schools here don't offer athletics until 7th grade.) He is going to play football, basketball, and run track. 

🎉  Congratulations to Andrew!  🎶

Earning a spot in the Top Honor Band is quite an accomplishment!

🙌  Bravo! 🙌

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unbelievably, tomorrow will be one year since my daughter lost her husband.  We are going to Mass at 9:00 and then we will take them out for breakfast.  Hopefully, things will get better for the three of them. 

They will definitely get better. My nephew who passed away in 2017 at age 41 leaving his wife and 3 kids .They were in a really bad state for a while .

On Saturday the oldest is graduating college.Her two brothers just completed their first year of college.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Congratulations to Andrew!  He has my sympathy also.  I played trumpet in 5th grade but then my family moved.  They had enough trumpet players in my new school and told me that I should play the french horn instead.  While I liked playing it, I hated having to lug it back and forth to school.  That's back in the days when kids actually walked to school.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations to Andrew!  He has my sympathy also.  I played trumpet in 5th grade but then my family moved.  They had enough trumpet players in my new school and told me that I should play the french horn instead.  While I liked playing it, I hated having to lug it back and forth to school.  That's back in the days when kids actually walked to school.

We are friends with lots of musicians since we go to lots of small venues that have live music, one of our favorites is Freddie Jones who plays the National Anthem at all home cowboys games for years as a solo trumpet, super friendly nice guy. ( I only watch cowboys games to see them lose)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I should play the french horn instead.  While I liked playing it, I hated having to lug it back and forth to school.  That's back in the days when kids actually walked to school.

He actually does walk back and forth to school while carrying his horn. He prefers to walk with his friends. I bought him a little luggage dolly to wheel the horn on, but after a few weeks he decided it was easier to carry it! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have been to the podiatrist this afternoon and he has took memory foam prints of my feet to make inserts to help my painful feet.

We bought some snacks afterwards and went to eat them at the beach.

IMG_20230517_161335.jpg

Little chilly for swimming, when is actual summer temps where you live?

Just back from a wedding in NY.  Lovely wedding.  They had a Memorial Table I guess it's called with all the family members and friends  that have passed.  I don't recall ever seeing one of them.  It made me cry when I saw Dan's picture.  It will be 1 1/2 years next week.  

Came home with a cold (Thank you Jet Blue) which I would swear is COVID (3 years ago a cold was just a cold) sore throat, slight fever runny nose and cough.  So far day 3 and I tested negative so I guess sometimes a cold is still a cold  

Sam wedding 5-13-23.jpg

Edited by molly361
  • Like 27

We were amazed at the huge amount of sandals sold at the Marakkech market....

image.thumb.jpeg.bd752f45bba3ad96c494f3920d068bb3.jpeg

And a few pics from Toledo. Beautiful city. I didn't do my homework as I usually do, fearing another disappointment, and found it too hilly given the hot weather we were experiencing. Luckily, inside the stunning cathedral it was very pleasant --

image.thumb.jpeg.d6e32ae7bf3ec8ca2b4615bf4de89d61.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f6bfd9f1f8d471b19dc2e7930f5a24aa.jpeg

Toledo's train station --

image.thumb.jpeg.c3503f957bf82ad141e044fedefd3b3a.jpeg

So many shops were selling swords in different shapes and forms

image.thumb.jpeg.d25a55e973c0d2e5dac401d46a39cc49.jpeg

Random pics

image.thumb.jpeg.1431a23301119d76dc7cc02ee53ac605.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.246c6ad939b2b37bc1b5043d0932949c.jpeg

• Like 32

On 5/16/2023 at 10:52 AM, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  Happy Birthday Greg!

Enjoy your Special day!!!!💞

🎂Happy Belated Birthday My Friend. 🎂

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unbelievably, tomorrow will be one year since my daughter lost her husband. Hopefully, things will get better for the three of them. 

Marietta, As others have said, it is hard to believe that it has been a year since the heartbreaking loss. Thinking of your family today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Maybe all of us who have some musical ability can get together and get a job with RCI playing in the Schooner Bar.

Oh, and I still think he looks like you.😉

• Like 10

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Congratulations. It's very impressive to play with the big kids!

(I almost didn't recognize him without the bowtie!)

• Haha 1

@DaniDanielle Marietta, I too offer my sincere heartfelt wishes for strength and healing hearts, on this heartbreaking anniversary of loss.

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, congrats to Andrew, a very handsome guy! 

We're staying in today, relaxing and packing.  It's going to be hard to say goodbye tomorrow.   Kids keep begging us to come to live in NJ.  We're just not ready for that but they keep trying.  The in-law suite makes it very comfortable to visit but not sure I would want to live in such a rural area and deal with NJ winters. Extended stays in the Spring/Summer could work.  Winters - no way!!

@dani negreanu Dani, your pictures, as always, are beautiful.  Glad those sandals are tied in pairs!  I had my Israeli Nimrod "sandalay tanach" Bible sandals, for over 25 years.  I didn't think they would ever wear out.

These are very similar:

Holy Land Market Unisex Leather Biblical Sandals (Jesus - Yashua) Jerusalem Style II

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just back from a wedding in NY.  

The "Memorial Table" seems like a very moving gesture and so nice of them to include Dan in it.

I don't see the bride's face (all brides are beautiful 😘), but the dress looks amazing.

Came home with a cold

Ellen, get well soon.

Sometimes it takes Covid even 4-5 days to make an appearance (as was in my case), so.... there is "hope" 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just back from a wedding in NY.  Lovely wedding.  They had a Memorial Table I guess it's called with all the family members and friends  that have passed.  I don't recall ever seeing one of them.  It made me cry when I saw Dan's picture.  It will be 1 1/2 years next week.  

Came home with a cold (Thank you Jet Blue) which I would swear is COVID (3 years ago a cold was just a cold) sore throat, slight fever runny nose and cough.  So far day 3 and I tested negative so I guess sometimes a cold is still a cold  

Sam wedding 5-13-23.jpg

That is beautiful that they wanted to include those that had passed.  I hope you feel better soon and it is not covid.  We got off Oasis on Sunday and there are over 100 on our rollcall that have tested positive so far.  We have tested twice and are negative so far.  I had to go to NH today to take my Mom to an appointment, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't bringing anything to her.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Lenny.

I too is thinking about you Marietta.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just back from a wedding in NY.  Lovely wedding. 

Sam wedding 5-13-23.jpg

Beautiful.

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

🎂Happy Belated Birthday My Friend. 🎂

Thank you buddy. I hope you are well. Looking forward to cruising with you in the future.

• Thanks 3