Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Baileys was always our first stop when arriving on Sanibel. Always felt like home stepping into that place. I understand they were under 6 feet of water after Ian and they will be tearing down the original building and building a new one. The artist renderings are beautiful but it just won’t be the same. Hope your family and friends in Captiva are doing well post Ian.

Thanks. Everyone is getting back to their new normal. My brother had a yacht that was just removed from inside his home and now they are applying for permits to start rebuilding. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@George C  What a great, happy, fun-filled whirlwind you are having in NYC!  Enjoy Funny Girl.  I saw that play on Broadway over 50 years ago.  I believe the actress was Mimi Hines who played the part of Funny Girl.  You really did luck out with the weather!  The forecast originally was going to be rain, which is typical for Memorial Day weekend.  Many a barbeque was held inside over the years due to a damp and rainy day.

My cousin,the actress Marilyn Michaels appeared in Funny Girl many years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Heading over to Martha's Vineyard for the day. For those of you who are unfamiliar, an island off the coast of Massachusetts and the largest of the New England islands. It is where the movie Jaws was filmed.

The second beautiful day of this three day weekend. The boat ride should be really nice.

We have friends who have a summer home there and have been there several times but not recently.The last time was 2002.Enjoy the day.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have friends who have a summer home there and have been there several times but not recently.The last time was 2002.Enjoy the day.

See if they want a caretaker for their home.😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm not aware of the Express Lane.  It's been several years since traveling along I-4.  We do use the Express Lane when traveling along I-95 in Virginia.  That is, when it's open in the direction that we are traveling.  It was not open for our trip home last month.  Traveling through Va. was a total nightmare, adding at least 3 hours more to our trip.

It's about 21 miles long, starting around 12 miles north of downtown Orlando and extending south to just past Universal Studios.  No trucks or RVs allowed...just cars and some buses.  There have been several times where I've been doing 60 mph+ in the express lanes (2 in each direction) while the regular lanes are nearly at a standstill.  You can still hit heavy traffic further south by Disney, but it makes going through Orlando so much easier and faster.

4867-I4Express-Print-Brochure-12x18-20220421-onlineversion.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

We had a lovely church service this morning.

Pauline had made some wraps beforehand and we ate these afterwards at the beach where we sat looking out to sea for several hours.

I hope everyone is well and having a great holiday weekend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, josumello said:

So much less traffic leaving form NB. DH grew up there. Enjoy your day. 

The traffic getting on and off of the Cape is such a pain. It is the reason that I don't go out to Nantucket more often.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've done my best to translate (Google...) and to convert (as I understand, converting has much to do with the ingredient -- so a "cup" of sugar is not as a "cup" of flour...) as much as I could. The yogurt comes in a... bucket like this (600 gr each).

image.thumb.jpeg.dff548f27a3cd712ccbb4cbbc03b7259.jpeg

Drums please... THE recipe --

Dani’s yogurt and cream cheese cake

Materials for a spring mold with a diameter of 26 cm

For the bottom
*      250 grams of Petit beurre biscuits, coarsely broken
*      100 g soft butter and a little more for greasing the pan
*      3 tablespoons (60 grams) of honey

For the cake

* 2 buckets (1.2 kg) Greek yogurt 10%

* 3 cups (600 grams) New York cream cheese 30%

* 1 cup (200 grams) of white sugar. I only put 180 grams.

* 3 tablespoons (25 grams) sifted cornflour

* 1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract

* ¼ teaspoon of salt

* 5 eggs (Large)

To serve (optional) 

¼ cup liquid honey

or chopped pistachios

Preparation
1.    The night before baking: Line a large strainer with a diaper cloth and place the strainer over a bowl. Put Greek yogurt and cream cheeses in a cloth and transfer to the refrigerator overnight to drain liquids.
2.    Prepare the cake: Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper. Line the sides of the pan with strips of baking paper. You can glue the edges of the paper with a little melted butter.
3.    Grind the Petit beurre biscuits, butter and honey in the food processor to a crumbly mixture, transfer to the pan and press to the bottom in an even layer. Transfer to the freezer for at least half an hour.
4.    Heat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F?) and place a pan with 2 liters of boiling water at the bottom of the oven.
5.    Transfer the yogurt and cheese mixture to a mixer. Add sugar, cornflour, vanilla extract and salt, and mix at low speed with a guitar hook until a uniform batter is obtained. Quickly add egg after egg and mix briefly until they are incorporated into the mixture. Avoid over mixing.
6.    Pour the batter into the pan, transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius (200 F?) and bake for an hour and 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cake in it for half an hour. Please note: do not open the oven door during baking.
7.    Remove the cake from the oven, cool and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 3 days.
8.    Before serving, remove the cake from the pan and sprinkle the pistachios.

* Filtering the cheeses is important! Don't give up on it. If there is no time, you can shorten the duration of the filtration to 6 hours.

* To get a straight and white cake like a swan, be sure to place a pan with boiling water in the bottom of the oven and line the sides of the pan with strips of baking paper. Also, the pan is placed in the lower third of the oven, and not too high, so that the cake does not brown.

@jagsfan   Mimi, the cheesecake is indeed delicious, and the watermelon was excellent. So far, early in the season, we managed to buy very tasty ones.

I will have to come to your house for cheesecake!

I have a hard time following American recipes, unless they’re five ingredients or less!

I do best at reading the recipe on the box, like “2 cups water in a pot, add contents of box, stir, and simmer for five minutes”.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The traffic getting on and off of the Cape is such a pain. It is the reason that I don't go out to Nantucket more often.

Yes, it certainly is!  Similar to Summers down the Jersey Shore.  It has begun!!  

• Like 2

Since there is a lot of love here for Taylor Swift, she is performing this weekend in the Tri-State area at MetLife Stadium.  Over 82,000 fans in attendance Friday night but sadly some of  them spent $300 for fake tickets, including a Mom who flew up from Florida with a group.

"A group dropped $300 per ticket, just to be denied entry due to the phony tickets. One mom flew up from Florida just for the show that the group didn't get to see after all.

""There has to be a better system for real fans. To enjoy music is like a therapy at this point and people need that, you need that security and you can't even get that anymore," said one of the frustrated fans".

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/taylor-swift-rocks-metlife-stadium-but-some-fans-left-heartbroken-trying-to-get-in/4371060/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

What I don't understand is how there could be fake tickets?  I attended a Yankee game on the same night and Yankee Stadium - like so many other sporting, concert & event venues - have switched to Mobile Ticketing only. No more physical paper tickets or print-from-home computer tickets. You need to use the Ticketmaster App on your phone. In addition, the mobile phone ticket has a security feature which refreshes the bar code every 30 seconds. This is to eliminate forgeries & "screen shot" fakes.  I would assume a super star like TS would employ the same security feature to ensure her fans that spend up to thousands of dollars for a ticket are getting the real deal. Although I guess that would be up to the concert venue, in this case MetLife Stadium, not the performing artist.

Now, while this security feature is great, it did cause me some inconvenience at Friday night Yankee game.  I was going with my brother who had purchased the tickets. Normally he transfers one ticket to me. That way I have the ticket on my phone (Ticket Master account) in case we get separated in the crowd, I can still get in. Normally, its a easy process and when he transfer the ticket to me, I get a text message  with a link to accept it. Except this time when I hit the link to accept, the TicketMaster (TM) app just froze and nothing happened. Turns out, the TM site had crashed and the transfer did not go thru. No ticket on my TM account but not a big problem, right? Just stick with my brother and he can scan me in. Nope, his TM account showed the ticket as transferred to me & the barcode was no longer valid.  But I still did not have it on my account, it had just vanished into the vaporware of the Internet.

So off I go to the Customer Service window where there were several hundred other Yankee fans with the same problem.  Word was that all of the Swifties at Taylor concert a few miles away had once again broken TicketMaster when they flooded the site with ticket transfers.  Fortunately, Customer Service was able to get me into the game and I narrowly escaped becoming a victim of 

@Ocean Boy famous friend and neighbor.😀

• Like 13

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've learned the secret to driving on I-4...Sun Pass and the Express Lane.  Life changing, for only a few bucks.  I don't think I'd drive I-4 without it.

I scraped off my SunPass sticker and bought a Sun Pass Pro transponder. It’s good all the way up to and including Maine, except for NC and Connecticut. 
Not having to stop for toll booths is going to make such a difference between Jax and Boothbay Harbor!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm not aware of the Express Lane.  It's been several years since traveling along I-4.  We do use the Express Lane when traveling along I-95 in Virginia.  That is, when it's open in the direction that we are traveling.  It was not open for our trip home last month.  Traveling through Va. was a total nightmare, adding at least 3 hours more to our trip.

I sure hope the express lanes are open for us. I’m trying to keep our travel days around 6 hours.
I have to remember to take the frame around our tag off before we get to Va.

We were ticketed on the way to Arlington for my brother’s funeral because the frame slightly obscured the very top of “Sunshine State”. 
Ignorance of the Virginia law was no excuse. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, it certainly is!  Similar to Summers down the Jersey Shore.  It has begun!!  

Leaving Hilton Head on Sundays during the summer is close to gridlock. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I attended a Yankee game on the same night and Yankee Stadium - like so many other sporting, concert & event venues - have switched to Mobile Ticketing only. No more physical paper tickets or print-from-home computer tickets. You need to use the Ticketmaster App on your phone.

The venue for my granddaughter’s recital, last night, used Ticketmaster.  It was a real fiasco.  My daughter had bought 8 tickets, so family could all be together.  The problem was, there was no bar code on the phone, nor was there a way to send the individual tickets to others phones.  So she had to go to the window, and have individual tickets printed, which meant she had to find everyone in the crowd to give them the tickets.

Then, to compound issues, the tickets would not scan.  So they told everyone to wait 10 or 15 minutes for them to show up in the system.  

It looked like there were many people having the same issue.  They had to delay the start of the recital for a half hour, because of the bottleneck the ticket problem created. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Last year I was talking to a guy in my Parkinson’s Support Group and found out that he was a long lost cousin of my son in law Eric.

One of Toby’s cousins is currently doing a geneology check as is one of my cousins.Yesterday my daughter who has a house in upstate NY was talking to a store owner and found out that he is a long lost cousin of Toby.

• Like 8