Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There was absolutely NO attempt for humor in my post. It was only an observation of what it must have felt like to be in the that small round tube. I would NEVER make fun of sad situation. I don't know you and you don't know me. My friends here do know me and know I would never make light of that situation. I'm sorry you felt like I was posting in poor taste. I was only stating that I could never go into a sub like that as I am too claustrophobic from my previous MRI experience posted on this thread.

Thank you family for coming to my rescue.

Greg, you are one of several of my favorite posters.  I never skip or skim any post you write.

Some of us have been posting together, right here on this thread, for over three years now. We've endured isolation of lockdowns together. We've shared heartbreak and triumph. We've lived and shared landmark moments of our lives right here on this thread.  Vicariously we've  traveled together and we've even enjoyed the most banal moments of each other's life.

There is nothing you have ever posted that could ever be construed to be mean, unkind or in bad taste.  You are a gentleman of the highest order. Even your gracious response to what was a rude and unjust accusation is a testament to your fine character.  I'm looking forward to meeting IRL. Don't give this strange failure to understand what you clearly were intending convey another moments thought. Absolutely now else failed to understand your very clear intent.

Regards

Dave

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Greg, you are one of several of my favorite posters.  I never skip or skim any post you write.

Some of us have been posting together, right here on this thread, for over three years now. We've endured isolation of lockdowns together. We've shared heartbreak and triumph. We've lived and shared landmark moments of our lives right here on this thread.  Vicariously we've  traveled together and we've even enjoyed the most banal moments of each other's life.

There is nothing you have ever posted that could ever be construed to be mean, unkind or in bad taste.  You are a gentleman of the highest order. Even your gracious response to what was a rude and unjust accusation is a testament to your fine character.  I'm looking forward to meeting IRL. Don't give this strange failure to understand what you clearly were intending convey another moments thought. Absolutely now else failed to understand your very clear intent.

Regards

Dave

You've covered it perfectly.

• Like 14

Well, I am finally getting caught up with reading and responses.  Then I get to the last couple pages, and I was shocked to be exposed to my first ever, impolite Canadian.  

I know we have our fair share of impolite Americans, but Canadians have a reputation that is now in danger of being damaged. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Regards

Dave

+1 Greg @Sea Dog

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got back from dropping off Micheline at the airport.  She's headed back to Cincinnati for my younger daughter's bridal shower and my older daughter's birthday.  They have lots of mother/daughters stuff planned.  I'm a bachelor for the next 5 days.  I'm not sure what I'll do here all by myself, other than go where I want, eat what I want, drink what I want, watch what I want, do what I want...all when I want. Who am I kidding...I'll be lost in a couple of days. 😁

Happy birthday to your older daughter and congratulations to your younger daughter for her bridal shower.

• Thanks 1

So I fell behind due to a number of things, including bad side effects from some medications and averaging only 3 hours of sleep per night for the last week.  This is actually the first day I am starting to feel a little better. 

I did manage to push through the last couple days, because we do have our grandson here for the summer.  How about some wildlife photos from the last couple days. 

Monday’s deer.  Walked to within 10 foot on the trail. 

IMG_7620.thumb.jpeg.c404f19c9acb6ee119b19d56de6e3269.jpeg

Tuesday, another hike to see some turtles and a heron. 

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.3ab52a6c34e0fd65d72ae656ebee0fed.jpeg

Another heron

IMG_7632.thumb.jpeg.73b8153f6b3fb363543d97d0fcbcc2d9.jpeg

And this wildlife, evidently holding up a rock ledge 

IMG_7636.thumb.jpeg.36df017d4064eaa7ef3f715c6c79426d.jpeg

Tonight, we are heading to a concert and some good old festival food. 

• Like 27

I harvested my last garlic today.  I planted 178 and only lost 6. Out of the 172 I am setting aside 38 bulbs to plant in October.   So I am only going to have 134 to use. Here is one of the racks of garlic.  

image.thumb.png.1eec8cc2669edb9d7418911a917a001c.png

I also picked a couple of tomatoes.   These are paste tomatoes.   My Pineapple tomatoes should be ready soon and some are big.

image.thumb.png.b284f03035309b389c763006cfbd091c.png

The Jimmy Nardello peppers are getting sooo long.  I am waiting patiently for them to turn read.

image.thumb.png.7e8f7b15ce4b0e030999cd4cad925965.png

And there are a lot of them.

image.thumb.png.59a0edc9d5ef9219cfca51fe83cf7ea9.png

8 plants full of them and more coming.

image.thumb.png.daca3497ca382a55ad888aed36151ddf.png

And the Watermelon is forming.

image.thumb.png.07e153debffae1f153a17e83f8f482a8.png

It's more challenging working the garden this year but I love it.

• Like 28

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re having the worst June weather I can recall.  Temperatures struggle to get out of the low 70’s every day and this is the upcoming forecast: 

IMG_9137.thumb.jpeg.e28ca12eb1b44ecf68904be8837b1925.jpeg

I just hope we get to use our pool this summer!  

Yikes!!! It better warm up and be sunny the week I am there! 🙂

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So I fell behind due to a number of things, including bad side effects from some medications and averaging only 3 hours of sleep per night for the last week.  This is actually the first day I am starting to feel a little better. 

I did manage to push through the last couple days, because we do have our grandson here for the summer.  How about some wildlife photos from the last couple days. 

Monday’s deer.  Walked to within 10 foot on the trail. 

IMG_7620.thumb.jpeg.c404f19c9acb6ee119b19d56de6e3269.jpeg

Tuesday, another hike to see some turtles and a heron. 

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.3ab52a6c34e0fd65d72ae656ebee0fed.jpeg

Another heron

IMG_7632.thumb.jpeg.73b8153f6b3fb363543d97d0fcbcc2d9.jpeg

And this wildlife, evidently holding up a rock ledge 

IMG_7636.thumb.jpeg.36df017d4064eaa7ef3f715c6c79426d.jpeg

Tonight, we are heading to a concert and some good old festival food. 

The most memorable times of my youth is the time we spent a my grandparents house.  Great memories.   Your grandkids will be blessed with great memories too!

Hang in there.  Hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmm… I am way behind how far back to I have to dig to see all of this?

Sorry, Greg.  Remember this is the internet, and not real life.  IE forget about it and move on.  

JC

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got done doing the MRI. I thought I was literally going to freak out. I did not think I was claustrophobic but apparently I am.

They did two one on my hip the other my knee. They did the hip first. I kept my eyes closed and they had some headphones with music playing, but I made the mistake of cracking my eye open and seeing I was in a round coffin with no where to move I started freaking out. It took all my self control to not push the panic button.

The only thing that got me through it was imagining I was on a cruise ship staring out into the sea. I also imagined my signature photo (from my reviews) when I first get on a cruise ship and I hold my arms out and look to the sky like I’m in heaven . Needless to say it helped but after being in there for over 25 minutes I was mentally exhausted and they still needed to do my knee.

Luckily it takes a shorter time for the knee and my head and shoulders are not completely in the tube. At least now I know I’m claustrophobic . Wow that was not fun at all.

I did an MRI a few years ago, and I didn’t like it.  Stuck in a tube getting a bit warm, nerves, listening to music they provided, not being able to change volume or skip the bad hair band song, then the different noises of the various magnetic tests.  I managed to not freak out, but I didn’t like it at all.  😅

• Like 5

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I did an MRI a few years ago, and I didn’t like it.  Stuck in a tube getting a bit warm, nerves, listening to music they provided, not being able to change volume or skip the bad hair band song, then the different noises of the various magnetic tests.  I managed to not freak out, but I didn’t like it at all.  😅

I feel better knowing I’m not the only one who finds MRI’s extremely difficult. Even with the headphones the machine noise drowned out any music I was listening too. Not being able to move and feeling pinned in as my elbows were pressed against the side of the machine made me more uncomfortable. I’ve always have had a fear of being buried alive. Example the movie Kill Bill. That scene where she is buried alive gives me the chills. That’s what a MRI felt like.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Regards

Dave

Thank you so much Dave for your heartfelt post. I do try and I do fail sometimes. I have and always will be a people person. I was always brought up to be kind to others and try to say something nice instead of being mean. I really believe in the words the Maya Angelou has said,

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dave, great response.  This thread has been such a great way to discuss good times, bad times and in between times.

That’s why I’m here Marietta as well as others. This is our little Oasis!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you OB!!

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

+1 Greg @Sea Dog

Thank you Graham

18 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hmmm… I am way behind how far back to I have to dig to see all of this?

Sorry, Greg.  Remember this is the internet, and not real life.  IE forget about it and move on.  

JC

True that JC!

• Like 16

51 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I harvested my last garlic today.  I planted 178 and only lost 6. Out of the 172 I am setting aside 38 bulbs to plant in October.   So I am only going to have 134 to use. Here is one of the racks of garlic.  

They say garlic is the ketchup of intellectuals. You are really smart.

• Like 7

@Sea Dog  I started a post response to your earlier posts last night but it was midnight and fell asleep…

Sorry to hear your other knee  has deteriorated.  Pleased you have family with medical expertise to provide possible solutions that avoid major surgery & recovery again for you.

MRIs - I spoke to my GP a while back and he said he can give me some meds if I need to have a MRI again as like you I found the experience claustrophobic.

Greg, you are a true gentleman with a big heart. Please know that your Dani family know there was nothing at all offensive in your comment.

As an occasional solo cruiser myself, I recall the kindness you showed a fellow cruiser who was a widow cruising solo for the first time, inviting her to spend the day at port with yourself and Linda, which she ended up doing.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On a much less important subject, picked Minnie up from her surgery to remove the lump on her head.  Got her home and she seemed normal…friendly as always…nudging everything in sight.  

However then she went to the water dish and just immersed first one leg then the other to where she was standing with her front legs totally in the water.  Like puppies sometimes do in their food bowl.  Instead of drinking she started throwing water all over everywhere (thank goodness for porcelain tile floors!)  Then she’d track wet paw prints all over…. I mopped and mopped and finally put a bath towel under the water….

Finally we gave up and took the water dish up.  She’s had wet food so some moisture there…. I’m assuming this is some weird druggy effect.  Hopefully she’ll nap and reboot.  Otherwise call the vet in the morning!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog  I started a post response to your earlier posts last night but it was midnight and fell asleep…

Sorry to hear your other knee  has deteriorated.  Pleased you have family with medical expertise to provide possible solutions that avoid major surgery & recovery again for you.

MRIs - I spoke to my GP a while back and he said he can give me some meds if I need to have a MRI again as like you I found the experience claustrophobic.

Greg, you are a true gentleman with a big heart. Please know that your Dani family know there was nothing at all offensive in your comment.

As an occasional solo cruiser myself, I recall the kindness you showed a fellow cruiser who was a widow cruising solo for the first time, inviting her to spend the day at port with yourself and Linda, which she ended up doing.  

Thank you so much for your kind words. I would love to meet you on a cruise one day, Bella 2 is February 2, 2025. We would love for you to join us.

I know I’m bad about responding but I do want you to know how much I appreciate your posts and your outstanding photography. Thanks to you my desire to travel not only to Sydney but to see all of Australia has really increased. Thank you for your posts I really appreciate them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1