Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looking back the biggest thing I hated about turning 50 is that I put off retiring for another 11 years!  

Enjoy being a young one.  Time goes quickly. 

What we need to do is convert your age to hex (base 16 instead of ten) so 50 becomes 30 , it gets confusing when you tell someone you are 4a today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looking back the biggest thing I hated about turning 50 is that I put off retiring for another 11 years!  

You are not kidding, John!

How are you doing, by the way?  Your garden looks amazing!!  Your garlic???  Yum!!

• Like 1

Our dear friend Lois (91 years young) and her family..son, granddaughters, etc. rent a good-sized house in Avalon every Summer for two weeks, and Jim and I always visit her for the day.  This year, our friends Carol and Andy (those on our Bella Cruise met them) are coming from Massachusetts and will be joining us in surprising Lois.  On the plus side, the four of us will be spending 3 nights together and we'll be introducing Carol and Andy to a NJ Boardwalk!😉

• Like 13

Just now, Luckynana said:

Our dear friend Lois (91 years young) and her family..son, granddaughters, etc. rent a good-sized house in Avalon every Summer for two weeks, and Jim and I always visit her for the day.  This year, our friends Carol and Andy (those on our Bella Cruise met them) are coming from Massachusetts and will be joining us in surprising Lois.  On the plus side, the four of us will be spending 3 nights together and we'll be introducing Carol and Andy to a NJ Boardwalk!😉

Sounds fun Maryann!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Retirement isn't happening anytime soon here, either. Still have a young teen to put through college, which will be here before we know it.

• Like 6

For others here that like aviation related Youtube  @bobmacliberty , I discovered one that is not flying at 40000 ft , at 300 kn or so in a multi million dollar jet,

it is an 800 lb , ultra light prop plane , at 1000 ft, 100 kn, flying through the mountains out west. Great scenery with a lot of filming out his plane and a lot of drone filming. These plans are STOL plane, (short takeoff and landing), and him and his buddies in their own planes, find all kinds of places to land their planes.  All of these planes are experimental category.

Look for Trent Palmer.

https://www.youtube.com/@TrentonPalmer

BTW, his real job is a professional drone pilot, he  flies big expensive drones with big expensive movies cameras hanging underneath creating content for movies and other productions.

Some of his videos talks about using the drones.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You are not kidding, John!

How are you doing, by the way?  Your garden looks amazing!!  Your garlic???  Yum!!

Thanks for asking. 

Physically it has been much more challenging.   I am so glad I have the Rollator now. I don't need it yet but my next visit in 2 weeks they will fit me for a wheelchair.   

Concerning the garlic, I was able to harvest it all because I spread the harvest out over a few weeks.  Speaking of garlic I saw a chicken recipe that uses 40 cloves of garlic! Tempting!

I was able to use the riding lawnmower today but right now a friend is over trimming and weedeating.  Something I can not do. So many want to help out.

Looks like next Tuesday the gang will start demo on the bathroom.   They are estimating it to be a 3 week project. 

My spirit is still real good.  If I was the same physically you would think I was an Olympian!

Sharon is such a blessing.  She is so strong through this. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It certainly looks like it, Greg!  Thanks for sharing this picture!  Although I was an Executive Secretary in NYC, I moved to Ft. Lauderdale with 2 of my friends, and lived in an efficiency apartment  one or two blocks over from E. Las Olas Blvd, and half a block up from A1A, which is no longer there.  Anyway, pay for Secretaries was almost laughable when I lived there, so I was fortunate to get a job as a Cocktail Waitress, which I loved doing at that time.  Definitely made more money as well as met interesting people, as well as a Celebrity or two..

Wow that’s very cool. Did you ever go to the Mai Kai? I’m hoping that it will reopen in October before our sailing. Apparently new investors bought the damaged Mai Kai and are putting in over 8 million to restore this famous Tiki Bar back to its former glory.

• Like 1

Sharon got me Sushi today.  It was so good.  It's called American Dream.  This is what makes it up,

Shrimp tempura roll, avocado, masago, cream cheese topped with spicy crab meat.

image.thumb.png.1f3bfe6ec7f3fcd9e9955ed0ff1bcf36.png

It was so big and fulfilling I only hate half at lunch.  I will soon go snack on some more 😋

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon got me Sushi today.  It was so good.  It's called American Dream.  This is what makes it up,

Shrimp tempura roll, avocado, masago, cream cheese topped with spicy crab meat.

image.thumb.png.1f3bfe6ec7f3fcd9e9955ed0ff1bcf36.png

It was so big and fulfilling I only hate half at lunch.  I will soon go snack on some more 😋

I had Sushi on Monday with my son. The only thing I feel really proud I taught him. That looks very tasty!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow that’s very cool. Did you ever go to the Mai Kai? I’m hoping that it will reopen in October before our sailing. Apparently new investors bought the damaged Mai Kai and are putting in over 8 million to restore this famous Tiki Bar back to its former glory.

I have a vague memory of having my picture taken outside of the Mai Kai. It certainly was a lifetime ago!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like next Tuesday the gang will start demo on the bathroom.   They are estimating it to be a 3 week project. 

My spirit is still real good.  If I was the same physically you would think I was an Olympian!

Sharon is such a blessing.  She is so strong through this. 

You are an Olympian, John!  You have such a wonderful outlook on life!  I'm sure you are going to love your new bathroom.  God Bless both you and Sharon💕

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The cost of good ice cream around here is getting so expensive I decided I am going to try to make my own.  It has been years.  I have a Kitchenaid Ice Cream attachment.  I will need to watch a YouTube to refresh my memory on how to use it.

• Like 7

Tonight’s supper.   Filets, corn on the cob, and potatoes with BACON.  

IMG_7655.thumb.jpeg.7def47cada06a8d3b055927c7b2b7d22.jpeg

Daughter and the grandkids were over for supper, and granddaughter stayed while her brother is off to a golf scramble. 

She is plotting with her cousin, to hunt for bugs and other crawly creatures.  (So beware, if you don’t like those things, look away now)😁

IMG_7656.thumb.jpeg.18681e6553ba317517227e372651bf92.jpeg

so, other than lightning bugs, this was their best find tonight. 

IMG_7659.thumb.jpeg.336483c7cb4765f4a134580963babb82.jpeg

The girl is not fearful of anything. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I've read enough about what the conditions might've been like in there for the past 4 days. It'll probably be weeks or months before we find out - if we find out - what the exact cause and timeline was. I just hope it was quick and over before they knew it.

The wife of one of the people who died is the great grand daughter of a couple who died on the Titanic ,Isidore Strauss and his wife.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of one of the people who died is the great grand daughter of a couple who died on the Titanic ,Isidore Strauss and his wife.

The Titanic touches the Macy's family once again. So unbelievable.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

June is a busy month for birthday's and anniversaries on this thread and my family.

My son and granddaughter are also this month as well as a niece, but July is our big month, 6 birthdays in our family then.

• Like 4

Reading,reading reading all the posts here as DH and I recover. Slow go, but getting there. I would like to have more strength, but friends who have had Covid assure me that it takes awhile to feel 100%.
Wishing all here happy days especially those who are/were celebrating milestone days.

@Ozark_Kid John-I have read about the kindness coming your way recently. I can only think that the kindness you have shown others has found it way back to you and DW Sharon.

@Momof3gurlz I hope that things are going well for you and your hubby since the “kids” have moved in with you while their house is under renovation. The work they have planned seems to be ambitious and time consuming.

Easy to say, but try to go with the flow for now. Your house will return to its’ former  self once they are back in their “new” home.’

@lenquixote66I read your poem and found it had an ethereal quality. I hope you continue to create poetry if it makes you feel happy.

@Sea DogI will be interested to read about the bone marrow treatment proposed for your knee.

My hubby has arthritic knees with bone on bone as he played football in HS and college.

He has consulted with a few orthopedic surgeons, one being a doctor that cares for NYJets players.

All agree that he is not a candidate for surgery as he does not have pain and continues to be able to comfortably walk. He walks everyday for 40 minutes.

A suggestion of all the doctors was that he loose weight . About a year and a half ago, he began to follow a healthy eating plan and lost fifty + pounds which he maintains.

He does not want surgery!

Any alternative therapy would be interesting for him to learn about should he someday be a surgery candidate.

As to MRIs, I agree they are not a pleasant experience. I had one this past April to diagnose a spinal issue.

Luckily, my head was out of the tube.

The tech asked what kind of music I wanted to listen to during the test.

I requested Motown. Not sure what music he plugged into the headphones, but it was nothing I recognized- more like No town!  I was so very glad when the test was over!

Hoping you get some good answers.

Wishing all here a good evening!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Tonight’s supper.   Filets, corn on the cob, and potatoes with BACON.  

IMG_7655.thumb.jpeg.7def47cada06a8d3b055927c7b2b7d22.jpeg

Daughter and the grandkids were over for supper, and granddaughter stayed while her brother is off to a golf scramble. 

She is plotting with her cousin, to hunt for bugs and other crawly creatures.  (So beware, if you don’t like those things, look away now)😁

IMG_7656.thumb.jpeg.18681e6553ba317517227e372651bf92.jpeg

so, other than lightning bugs, this was their best find tonight. 

IMG_7659.thumb.jpeg.336483c7cb4765f4a134580963babb82.jpeg

The girl is not fearful of anything. 

Good looking super especially when bacon is involved.

You are right she has no fear. I don’t even like holding frogs.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Titanic touches the Macy's family once again. So unbelievable.

Did you know that in 1898 a novel was written about an ocean liner that hit an iceberg and sunk .The name of the ship was the Tttan. 
I did not know that . An Internet Journalist friend of mine told me this today.

• Like 5