Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Happy belated birthday.

I just finished re-watching Season 2 of Succession as it's been 4 years since I last watched it and forgot a lot of what happened. Unfortunately, i did see a spoiler or two about what happens in Season 4 but I'll still wach all the episodes as i think the acting is fantastic and the writing is very creative and witty.

So the finale of Season 2 featured this beauty as the star of the show.

https://www.charterworld.com/news/solandge-yacht-succession

Their private super-yacht a.k.a. mini-cruise ship in the Mediterranean. At a $1,000,000 USD (2019 plus expenses for food, fuel, etc.) for a week, could this be used for Bella 3?  Too bad it only sleeps 12. Might need to kick off some of the 29 crew members. 😀

EDIT: I might need to start watching Below Deck if this is the type of yachts they feature.

Stunning Yacht.   I would be just fine with sleeping on the sofa or a lounge chair as long as no chair hogs😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wondered if anyone read it earlier today.🤗  

Even with less than perfect weather I've had a nice day.  Nice dinner at Black Whale with oysters and scallops then we tried new homemade ice cream place (yummy).   Ending the night with a pitcher of mojitos watching final season of Succession. 

Happy belated birthday Debbie...

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Even though I lived in Brooklyn nearly 60 years and worked in the area I was never in the restaurant.

Garrett Richard is their Chief Cocktail Officer. He is a rock star in the Tiki Cocktail scene.

IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.bc24d2ec52bc209d514f13454eaceb54.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

ugh these boards sometimes...probably part of the reason I've gotten so quiet on here.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree with you Crystal.

I usually only post on Dani's thread,HAL fleet reports and sometimes the P&O daily.

The rare occasion I post on anything else there is always someone who wants to try to cause an argument so I stop.

Now, I am not wanting to start any arguments here, but when I saw this story today, I am pretty sure the world has gone crazy.  

IMG_7653.thumb.jpeg.1efd89db39b901d297cf412809d3b127.jpeg

We will be seasoning with “glorious” bacon later today. 

By the way, if anyone is keeping track, bacon has now been mentioned 207 times on this thread. 

• Haha 15

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now, I am not wanting to start any arguments here, but when I saw this story today, I am pretty sure the world has gone crazy.  

By the way, if anyone is keeping track, bacon has now been mentioned 207 times on this thread. 

Usually in my English breakfast photos on here.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I love that the team mascot is named Kevin.

BTW, the group that is calling for the name change is suggesting "Macon Facon Bacon". Seriously. I can't make this up.  I might need to make a road trip to check out a game & sample the ballpark menu which includes: bacon-wrapped bacon, steak-cut bacon, bacon-loaded cheese fries and bacon chips.

https://www.wral.com/story/group-promoting-plant-based-eating-wants-a-new-name-for-macon-bacon-baseball-team/20923198/ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Sad news. 

The Coast Guard issued a statement that the tail (?) cone of the Titan Submarine was found. 
Family members were notified. 

Prayers for those who lost their lives as well as  families left behind. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 19

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m hoping the implosion happened awhile back.  It was the thought of those poor souls trapped in that tiny thing just waiting to die that was so agonizing.

I was thinking the same thing.  I've read enough about what the conditions might've been like in there for the past 4 days. It'll probably be weeks or months before we find out - if we find out - what the exact cause and timeline was. I just hope it was quick and over before they knew it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

There is one thing lacking in this delightful forum where I am a newcomer.

Malice.

Sorry, just haven't seen it, and sure as hell haven't missed it 🙂

This is the one thread that is typically free from snark (at least snark directed at someone here... snark directed at chair hogs, etc., can still be found from time to time).  

On the rare occasion that someone steps in and tries to cause trouble, they get swiftly put in their place by multiple members of "Dani's Family".  We just don't do that here. 

We offer support, we offer kindness, we offer caring, we offer pictures of adorable pets and kids/grandkids, we offer home renovation tips or medical advice, but we do NOT tolerate rudeness here.  Plenty of other threads on Cruise Critic if you want to read mean comments, but this thread is sacred!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks, Graham! I did turn 50 recently. Not my favorite milestone to reach, but better than the alternative.

And another Gemini🥰  hope you had a Wonderful Birthday.   

No worries about 5 0 their just numbers.😇

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

You had me at bacon!

IMG_1704.gif.24cdb367d2838beffd05fc390c747ae2.gif

23 minutes ago, brillohead said:

This is the one thread that is typically free from snark (at least snark directed at someone here... snark directed at chair hogs, etc., can still be found from time to time).  

On the rare occasion that someone steps in and tries to cause trouble, they get swiftly put in their place by multiple members of "Dani's Family".  We just don't do that here. 

We offer support, we offer kindness, we offer caring, we offer pictures of adorable pets and kids/grandkids, we offer home renovation tips or medical advice, but we do NOT tolerate rudeness here.  Plenty of other threads on Cruise Critic if you want to read mean comments, but this thread is sacred!

Beautifully stated and the reason I love my family here!!!!!

12 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks, Graham! I did turn 50 recently. Not my favorite milestone to reach, but better than the alternative.

Happy belated birthday if I missed it. Bethany you are young at heart and that’s what matters.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Sad news. 

The Coast Guard issued a statement that the tail (?) cone of the Titan Submarine was found. 
Family members were notified. 

Prayers for those who lost their lives as well as  families left behind. 

I had not heard that has I haven't heard any news since early this morning. Did they say where it was found?  It seems that 111 years after Titanic sank ending over 1500 lives it has now claimed 5 more. People need to leave that heep of rusting steel alone and in peace. The ship has already given up its secrets and there is no need to go down there just to sightsee.😑

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had not heard that has I haven't heard any news since early this morning. Did they say where it was found?  It seems that 111 years after Titanic sank ending over 1500 lives it has now claimed 5 more. People need to leave that heep of rusting steel alone and in peace. The ship has already given up its secrets and there is no need to go down there just to sightsee.😑

They found identifiable parts of the sub about 1600 feet from the stern of the Titanic.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes it is. The place in Fort Lauderdale sounds like the Wreck Bar at B Ocean Resort. Could this be the same one with new owners?

IMG_1697.thumb.webp.ef71415cd3ffb82b327a9a17191563f1.webp

It certainly looks like it, Greg!  Thanks for sharing this picture!  Although I was an Executive Secretary in NYC, I moved to Ft. Lauderdale with 2 of my friends, and lived in an efficiency apartment  one or two blocks over from E. Las Olas Blvd, and half a block up from A1A, which is no longer there.  Anyway, pay for Secretaries was almost laughable when I lived there, so I was fortunate to get a job as a Cocktail Waitress, which I loved doing at that time.  Definitely made more money as well as met interesting people, as well as a Celebrity or two..

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Looking back the biggest thing I hated about turning 50 is that I put off retiring for another 11 years!  

Enjoy being a young one.  Time goes quickly. 

• Like 7