Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I love this investment into grandchild relationships. It really makes such a difference.  OK they don’t do the same about our music (never could get my kids interested in my first love David Essex, although youngest came with me to see him when he performed a couple of years ago in the Gibraltar Music Festival).  I would go to see Taylor Swift in a heartbeat though,  I didn’t need my kids to direct me i don’t think.  

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I love this investment into grandchild relationships. It really makes such a difference.  OK they don’t do the same about our music (never could get my kids interested in my first love David Essex, although youngest came with me to see him when he performed a couple of years ago in the Gibraltar Music Festival).  I would go to see Taylor Swift in a heartbeat though,  I didn’t need my kids to direct me i don’t think.  

My granddaughters parents are into pop music from the 50’s.I prefer classic rock from 1965 to 1985 .However,I do have an appreciation of other genres of music.When my grandkids are in my house they can only listen to classic rock .Currently in addition to Harry Styles they know the lyrics of songs by the Beatles  to the Who.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@DaniDanielle  Wish we could all hug your daughter and her family in peace and comfort!

@DaniDanielle What Jennifer said.   Exactly my sentiments also, Marietta. ((Hugs))🙏  We all wish we could hug your daughter and her family in peace and comfort; and to you and Charlie, also.🌹

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I don’t know.  Both my kids gravitated toward newer music for a while, then rediscovered the artists from my era.  Grandkids also love the music from our era.  Beatles, Motown, Rod Stewart, Stones, Neil Diamond, Jimmy Buffet.   I think my one grandson would be a great team mate for trivia.  He knows the full lyrics to so many of those songs.

None of them have become a Swiftie yet, and probably couldn’t name one of her songs.

• Like 5

Good evening.

Just watched the start of a new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht from Mahon Menorca Spain.

New chef Marcos.

2 new stewards and new deck hand.

Captain Glenn,Gary, Daisy and Colin Chief engineer from last season in Croatia.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t know.  Both my kids gravitated toward newer music for a while, then rediscovered the artists from my era.  Grandkids also love the music from our era.  Beatles, Motown, Rod Stewart, Stones, Neil Diamond, Jimmy Buffet.   I think my one grandson would be a great team mate for trivia.  He knows the full lyrics to so many of those songs.

None of them have become a Swiftie yet, and probably couldn’t name one of her songs.

I was never a Neil Diamond fan but my wife’s sister went to HS with him and “pushed” me into listening to his music .

Not a Rod Stewart fan,nothing to do with his music.My younger daughter was living in the UK in the late 90’s.One night she was in a club and sat down at a bar .Rod Stewart was sitting there .She said hello to him and he said F…off.Mick Jagger was in the bar ,heard what was said and asked my daughter to join him at his table.He spoke to her for several hours then asked someone to take pictures of him and my daughter.

She came back to the US with 16 pictures .

He told her that Stewart may be having a bad day but he should not talk to a woman like that.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Going out tonight to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 32 year anniversary, we go here at least once a week, but tonight we will splurge on a very good bottle of wine . 

Happy Anniversary, George and Sheilagh!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Just watched the start of a new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht from Mahon Menorca Spain.

New chef Marcos.

2 new stewards and new deck hand.

Captain Glenn,Gary, Daisy and Colin Chief engineer from last season in Croatia.

You are going to love Marcos and his food. Just watch out for the head Marcos.

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Going out tonight to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 32 year anniversary, we go here at least once a week, but tonight we will splurge on a very good bottle of wine . 

Happy Anniversary wished to you both. Have a great dinner and cheers to you!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, George C said:

Wishing you both a very happy 32nd wedding anniversary George and Sheilagh.

anniversary-32-1.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks.  You all have been a great source of comfort and caring.  I love this thread❤️

And don't forget to take care of yourself as well. While you are there to listen to them, to comfort & put on a strong front for your daughter and your grandchildren, you are also grieving the man who was to take care of your daughter & children for the rest of their lives. As a mom and grandmother, you may putting aside your own grief to focus on others. It's only natural & probably wouldn't want it any other way. 

We are here for you. How are you doing? 💜

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 17

52 minutes ago, George C said:

Spoken like a man that has been happily married a long time.

Expensive jewelry? Nah!

Trip of a lifetime? Meh!

Good bottle of $$$ wine? 👍

Cheers! Happy anniversary!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, George C said:

Happy Anniversary 🥂!  Enjoy that bottle of wine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Now that’s a layover I could live with LOL. But seriously, that flight is one of the better options for October.  Even though it’s not direct/non-stop, the times are good.  There are others I could choose but I won’t fly in one of those little puddle jumper planes yet.  I’m getting better about flying but not quite there yet.  

Let's discuss when we are together.  I have not booked my October flights yet.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

And don't forget to take care of yourself as well. While you are there to listen to them, to comfort & put on a strong front for your daughter and your grandchildren, you are also grieving the man who was to take care of your daughter & children for the rest of their lives. As a mom and grandmother, you may putting aside your own grief to focus on others. It's only natural & probably wouldn't want it any other way. 

We are here for you. How are you doing? 💜

Very well said and very caring.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Let me add my congratulations for a wonderful Happy Anniversary to both of you.

• Like 3