Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We are still under a code red alert for air quality today, because of all the smoke.  It did clear a little yesterday morning so we could get out for a while, but then it came back. 

Don’t know if that is what caused it, but Susan started feeling “off” while we were out, then felt sick by the end of the day.  She took a Covid test, so it is not that.  For some reason, she still takes those.  Maybe because she is still a Covid virgin and she feels she missed out. 

Golfing grandson won his second match yesterday, so now at 2 for 2. He was pleased with his play, and the course had his picture on FB for a birdie on the toughest hole on the course. 

Talking about taking all the grandkids and daughter to the Japanese restaurant for lunch today, while Susan rests.  

I hope Susan feel better. Congratulations to your grandson. Sounds like he will be ready for the tour in no time.

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Back to eating BLT sandwiches.   

20230629_181052.thumb.jpg.855c73a96c346e381b1ca9ad89810834.jpg

20230629_181848.thumb.jpg.6ffa2209681bbc35abe17e2395661345.jpg

I love BLT’s. Such a easy and great sandwich.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@DaniDanielle I’m so sorry that your daughter and her kids are going through this grief and it pains you to watch go through it.  I was wondering, do they belong to a support group for kids who have lost a parent or have they considered professional family counseling/therapy?  It might help with the grieving process?  Sorry, did not mean to pry.

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Has your daughter considered seeing a grief counsellor?  I only mention it because my best friend has started seeing one (took a few attempts to find one that was a good fit) and she is finding the visits helpful as her and her husband struggle with their grief.

@DaniDanielle

I was hesitant to mention this so I'm glad you guys brought it up. For me, talk therapy was and still is a big help.  While I am blessed with very large and diverse support system of family, friends, neighbors, former co-workers, etc, sometimes talking with someone that is a bit more distant or less emotionally involved allowed me to discuss certain subjects & feelings that I might be tentative to say to my people for fear of upsetting them or put them in a position where they felt the need to "fix" me or comfort me when all I wanted to do is share.  Does that make sense?

It did take me a while even though I knew in my head it was the right thing to do. So your daughter shouldn't rush into it or feel pressured. She has to be ready on her own terms. For me, going to a support group first helped eased the transition to one-on-one sessions.

The usual caveats apply: Everyone is different and grieving is a very personal process. I'm certainly not a trained expert in anything nor do I know your family but I just want to relay my personal experience.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

We are off for a weekend of baseball in Toronto, but not for Owen’s team. We have tickets for 3 Jays VS Boston games this weekend. First one is tonight.  Pics to come.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 16

The two kids have been seeing a therapist.  I think my daughter is trying to be brave but I am trying to get her to talk to somebody.  She does have a good group of her fellow teachers she talks with so that helps.  Our family has been through a lot of trauma starting with Charlie’s heart transplant and other ills.  I am sure I have mentioned this, this July will be nine years since my mom was killed crossing the street by our house.  All six of the grandkids were devastated.  I saw a therapist and it does help to speak to someone.  He told me I was living my life which is good but he said you will never get over the loss.  It was good to hear as some feel it should be pushed aside while you go on with life.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

No tomatoes here yet, have picked a few green peppers, probably will  picking lots of  zucchini within the week.

The tomatoes are coming out a lot right now.  For some reason my cucumbers and zucchini are slow this year.  I had a lady that harvested a bunch last week bring us a bag full.

image.thumb.png.1d7ad6a3d1a5bcb53a2ed4d3de11b5e6.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The two kids have been seeing a therapist.  I think my daughter is trying to be brave but I am trying to get her to talk to somebody.  She does have a good group of her fellow teachers she talks with so that helps.  Our family has been through a lot of trauma starting with Charlie’s heart transplant and other ills.  I am sure I have mentioned this, this July will be nine years since my mom was killed crossing the street by our house.  All six of the grandkids were devastated.  I saw a therapist and it does help to speak to someone.  He told me I was living my life which is good but he said you will never get over the loss.  It was good to hear as some feel it should be pushed aside while you go on with life.

How awful about your mom.  I lost mine 5 years ago but she was 89 and had lived a full life and was ready to go.  Sudden death is always so much harder on the family.  I thought about her more this week as I know she’d be very happy that I retired as she always thought I worked too much.  

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am a firm believer in seeing a therapist. They can help you understand trauma and help you cope. I’m glad they are talking to someone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@DaniDanielle

I was hesitant to mention this so I'm glad you guys brought it up. For me, talk therapy was and still is a big help.  While I am blessed with very large and diverse support system of family, friends, neighbors, former co-workers, etc, sometimes talking with someone that is a bit more distant or less emotionally involved allowed me to discuss certain subjects & feelings that I might be tentative to say to my people for fear of upsetting them or put them in a position where they felt the need to "fix" me or comfort me when all I wanted to do is share.  Does that make sense?

It did take me a while even though I knew in my head it was the right thing to do. So your daughter shouldn't rush into it or feel pressured. She has to be ready on her own terms. For me, going to a support group first helped eased the transition to one-on-one sessions.

The usual caveats apply: Everyone is different and grieving is a very personal process. I'm certainly not a trained expert in anything nor do I know your family but I just want to relay my personal experience.

My wife’s sister suffered the loss of her husband and her 41 year old son.

She joined a Bereavment group and currently runs the group.Therapy can be very helpful .

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are off for a weekend of baseball in Toronto, but not for Owen’s team. We have tickets for 3 Jays VS Boston games this weekend. First one is tonight.  Pics to come.

Hopefully the Jays will sweep.We have friends living in Toronto who are huge Jays fans.

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am a firm believer in seeing a therapist. They can help you understand trauma and help you cope. I’m glad they are talking to someone.

I agree totally .I have a very close friend who lost her 21 year old daughter to a hit and run driver.If it was not for therapy I do not know where my friend and her husband would be now.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don't remember the story about your mom. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine losing someone that way. And no, you don't get over the losses. You learn to live with them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ahhh, you're one of THOSE!!! 😉🤣

Seriously though, every year Mariner fans complain because a massive number of Canadians (usually from Vancouver) come down to Seattle for the weekend and pack the ballpark when the Blue Jays are in town to play the Mariners.  For years it was always on Canada Day weekend. 

It's pretty much like an away series for the M's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mark,hope Susan gets better soon🤞🙏

She is home resting today, while I have the grandkids out to contemplate the water wall at the Japanese restaurant.  

IMG_7761.thumb.jpeg.851fed68560d82a277e8a765ab18bff5.jpeg

And have some fun at the indoor trampoline park

IMG_7767.thumb.jpeg.ca291cdb8206230ebc74a11230d68711.jpeg

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is the 12th.wedding anniversary for my younger daughter and her husband.

We will celebrate tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary 

• Like 11