Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our view for tonight. We think the dome will remain shut because of the smoke from the fires. You can see how some has made its way into the building. 

70985660608__51EDC519-7FD1-4569-8284-646A94DD2F8C.thumb.jpeg.4b166280e12d2731ef6857b3c8475fe1.jpeg

Crowd looks sparse, might be time to make a move around the 3rd inning to the infield, or is it just  a late arriving crowd?

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Coal wore himself out helping me block my newest shawl.

Whoyou.thumb.jpeg.208c75f0fb4e44f11e297445ff1a8881.jpeg

Gorgeous!!  How long does it take to make?  Do you sell your masterpieces?

Edit, I see you were given clues over a 2 month span.   That's really intriguing.  

Edited by Sunshine3601

Holy moly cow, this thread is hard to get caught back up with if you get behind!!! 

I worked in the ER for three days in a row last weekend, and our patient load was crazy so I was completely spent and couldn't stay awake to peruse CC after work each night.  Then I ended up having to take muscle relaxants on Monday which means I basically slept for 24 hours with short breaks to eat or pee and nothing more.  Tuesday was full of errands and trying to get caught up online, then back to the hospital again for Wednesday and Thursday.  The little bit I could catch up on after work each night didn't even make a dent in how far behind I was!  

Now I'm working at my private duty nursing job, and I'm FINALLY caught up!  PHEW!

• Like 15

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm still on 'wheels on the bus' and 'Bob the Builder' 😅.

On Tuesdays i take my two year old g/son  to music class and Gary 'plays' duets with him on the piano at home

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

She is home resting today, while I have the grandkids out to contemplate the water wall at the Japanese restaurant.  

IMG_7761.thumb.jpeg.851fed68560d82a277e8a765ab18bff5.jpeg

And have some fun at the indoor trampoline park

IMG_7767.thumb.jpeg.ca291cdb8206230ebc74a11230d68711.jpeg

These memories you guys are making with your grandchildren are PRICELESS!  

My MIL was my son's daycare provider until he was 2yo, and even though she moved out of state a couple months after his second birthday, they remained so close that he would sob in the car when we left to go home after a visit when he was older.  

Some of my happiest memories of my childhood are time spent with my maternal grandmother.  My adoptive mother is a cold witch, but her mother was a warm and loving presence in my life.  

I've told my son I'm in no hurry for him to make me a grandmother (he's only 23yo), but he knows that if/when that day comes, that baby will be spoiled beyond belief with love and cuddles!

• Like 14

On 6/28/2023 at 5:43 AM, Ocean Boy said:
On 6/27/2023 at 11:23 PM, Bailey & Sophie said:

Don't you play a doctor on tv?

I wish. All of their patients are cured and in less than an hour.

And on TV, the doctors take vitals and draw labs and program the IV pumps and ambulate the patients.... if docs really did all that in real life, what would be left for the nurses to do, I wonder?  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Crowd looks sparse, might be time to make a move around the 3rd inning to the infield, or is it just  a late arriving crowd?

That was 1 hour before first pitch. There was about 25-30 thousand there tonight. 

They lost 5-0. Boo 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:00 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Greg, sending prayers for both you Linda to have speedy recoveries.🙏

You may want to consider renting a scooter and use it onboard to save your knee for when at port.  It will get you to the Schooner bar quick like a bunny😄

When Eric injured his back last year he did not want a scooter, guess he felt he would be viewed different, but I didn't listen and rented him one thru specialneedsatsea (easy website order). 

He was happy to have it once onboard.  With all the walking involved in cruising it gave him peace of mind to know it was in the cabin on days he may need it.

@Sea Dog, I'm going to jump on the "rent a scooter" bandwagon here.  Either a scooter or an electric wheelchair.  Being able to rest your knee when walking around the ship will allow you to have more use of your knee when you're on your excursions.  

My friend who is an amputee rented a WHILL chair from Scootaround on a cruise a few years ago and he loved it so much that he bought one from Scootaround to use at home instead of the powerchair he already owned!  

The WHILL chair is different, because it doesn't have wheels that turn from side to side when steering... instead, the front wheels (called Omniwheels) are made up of multiple "discs" that spin from side when turning.  It's hard to explain, but makes sense once you see it in action.  It's also good in lots of terrain where a regular powerchair or scooter would struggle.

Another thing that is really helpful for my friend is that it can be driven remotely via an app on his phone.  So he can wheel out to a vehicle in the driveway, get in the car, then drive the chair back into the garage and close the garage door, all from inside the car.  That part wouldn't be necessary for you, but I thought it was a really neat feature for disabled people who need it.  

Side benefit of having a powerchair instead of a scooter -- you always have a seat in every venue! 

If your knee is still giving you problems when your cruise comes around (which it sounds like it will, until it gets replaced), please give serious consideration to getting a powerchair or scooter to make your vacation more enjoyable for you... and also more enjoyable for your wife and friends who will hate to see you struggling with your sore knee.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

And on TV, the doctors take vitals and draw labs and program the IV pumps and ambulate the patients.... if docs really did all that in real life, what would be left for the nurses to do, I wonder?  🤣

Play doctor?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sure you all get stick  insects in your gardens.  I snapped a photo of this one because I haven’t seen one this big for quite a while.

71D1A70B-477D-4421-9C98-CCBCF36EA2CD.thumb.jpeg.7d41c0bdd2e710c56a4967cfa5eec756.jpeg

Unfortunately, we have a couple of native ones and the Indian Walking Stick, which this one is. Which is not native, and an invasive species. They are mostly illegal pets that got away, when their owners cleaned out their cages. And since they reproduce by parthenogenesis, they just start new colonies, mostly in Southern California. There is no way to get rid of them really, and since they seem to like feed on English Ivy (which is also invasive) no one does anything about them. 🙄Stock photo from UCIPM

Walking Stick.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Unfortunately, we have a couple of native ones and the Indian Walking Stick, which this one is. Which is not native, and an invasive species. They are mostly illegal pets that got away, when their owners cleaned out their cages. And since they reproduce by parthenogenesis, they just start new colonies, mostly in Southern California. There is no way to get rid of them really, and since they seem to like feed on English Ivy (which is also invasive) no one does anything about them. 🙄Stock photo from UCIPM

Walking Stick.jpg

YIKES!!  I better start looking more closely at my "twigs". 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

White Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 it is July 1st.

Pauline and Sarah loved the

Rod Stewart/Boy George culture club concert last night.

We had dinner at Lumley castle which was close to the venue.

I parked nearby to pick them up and heard the last 4 songs.

The last song was 

I Am Sailing 🚢

It is 60°F and sunny here at 08.51am.

We were still chatting in our conservatory until 01.00am.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to having a lovely weekend.

IMG-20230630-WA0013.jpg

IMG_20230630_174050.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

According to my new calendar page, we are due to see some fireworks this month. 

IMG_7776.thumb.jpeg.45335821ff11d4dd090af0fa127f95b5.jpeg

Grandson spent the night with his cousins last night, so I have to pick him up later.  

Meanwhile, I am sitting at the Urgent Care Center, waiting on Susan.  I hope the figure out what is wrong.  We were thinking possibly Lyme disease, because she had a tick last week.  No telltale bullseye, but I don’t know if you actually need one of those.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1