Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m guessing she was referring to the athlete part of your comment since that’s what she quoted. I could be wrong, but that’s what I thought. Didn’t you say he played professional basketball?

My father was a Soccer player.He was born in Poland,lived in the UK briefly and came to the US in 1913 .He played in the Immigrant Soccer League from 1913 or 1914 til the mid 20’s.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, George C said:

We have done both Edge and Beyond but both in suites, outside suite retreat area is fantastic , with pool , hot tub , bar . We enjoyed entertainment , loved that they had some live music early in the afternoon. Celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl. I am looking forward to hear from my sister who took her entire family on a Northern European cruise on the new apex .

We did a sky suite on Edge.  I loved that sky suites (basically a junior suite) got full suite benefits.  The Retreat was great!  They had a small breakfast buffet and you could eat outside.  The staff remembered you after the first day and brought coffee or tea out frequently.  They really bent over backwards to make sure you were happy.  The pool had a bar that served lunch.  If we sailed Celebrity again I would look at another sky suite.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm looking at Celebrity (Edge class) right now for our next cruise.  It's interesting and exciting looking at a line we've never sailed before...sort of like cruising for the first time again.  I'd love to hear what you think after your September cruise.  

You’re right Bob, the new-to-us cruise line brings a special excitement to the trip.  But this is our first trip to Europe (other than me with my parents as a very young child) so that’s influencing our excitement level as well.  We fly into Venice for 2 days & nights; train to Rome for 3 days & nights, then the 7 night cruise ending in Barcelona where we’ll spend 3 days & nights before flying home.  I’m not planning to do a “live” because they take a lot of time and attention away from the actual vacation, but I’m sure I’ll post a few pictures and updates here.  I may also do a post cruise comparison type trip report (if I remember to take notes).

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm looking at Celebrity (Edge class) right now for our next cruise.  It's interesting and exciting looking at a line we've never sailed before...sort of like cruising for the first time again.  I'd love to hear what you think after your September cruise.  

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Not yet. We were looking at Beyond sailings. Edge is very nice.

Hopefully, we'll be on Edge exactly 2 months from now (even before Deb @Momof3gurlz). Our itinerary is different, starting from Barcelona to Rome.

Valencia, Ibiza and Ajaccio will be new ports for us. DH especially is looking forward to the Science Museum in Valencia. 

Will report my thoughts, since we sail 99% of the times for the itinerary (the 1% was taking advantage of Allure being in Europe, and wanting to experience the new Oasis class). 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We were planning on the Beyond March 11, 2024 with a few others from Bella 1.0 but ended up canceling when we decided to do our kitchen remodel instead.  
Do you have a Beyond cruise booked?  We have our first Celebrity cruise in September on the Edge, Rome to Barcelona.  I’m really looking forward to trying Celebrity. 

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

49 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Not yet. We were looking at Beyond sailings.
Edge is very nice.

Come join Linda and I on Beyond April 1-12th, 2024 for a 11 Night Southern Caribbean.

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Come join Linda and I on Beyond April 1-12th, 2024 for a 11 Night Southern Caribbean.

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

Our Panama Canal cruise is March 11, 2024.  Graham and Nikki and Jennifer and Dave will be on this cruise with us.😊

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ATG said:

We did a sky suite on Edge.  I loved that sky suites (basically a junior suite) got full suite benefits.  The Retreat was great!  They had a small breakfast buffet and you could eat outside.  The staff remembered you after the first day and brought coffee or tea out frequently.  They really bent over backwards to make sure you were happy.  The pool had a bar that served lunch.  If we sailed Celebrity again I would look at another sky suite.

Exactly two years ago on Edge we were celebrating my wife’s 60th which is July 4th so I did a move up from a sky suite to the penthouse, that was unbelievable.

• Like 7

On 7/1/2023 at 7:29 PM, BonTexasNY said:

This is more than awful:

LPT: did you buy a 6-pack of cans with the plastic tie ...

Awful. I remember when the kids were young I first learned about the dangers of this type of plastic, usually around 4 cans. Even now I break all four circles before I put it in the rubbish bin

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our Panama Canal cruise is March 11, 2024.  Graham and Nikki and Jennifer and Dave will be on this cruise with us.😊

You guys will have a blast. I'm jealous.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would get the Remy Martin 1738 Accord. It’s got great taste, smooth and fruity and is not too expensive $50-$60 range. Aged at least 12 years. More info here.

https://www.remymartin.com/en-us/collection/1738-accord-royal/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GameDayCelebration&utm_term=USA+CS+cpc&utm_content=remy martin drinks&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnf-kBhCnARIsAFlg490KwTA4Dtt3uOqT8FyoAAt_ynTUG75pdmfdqjPZLLWu-KNDAXy45-kaAimxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Of course if money is no object I’d get Remy Martin XO about $260 or Louie XIII for about $3,000. I’ve had the Louie on board the ship for $150 a glass. It was amazing.

Cheers!

I have a friend who owns a big farmhouse in a village in the Cognac region of France. We've had holidays there quite a few times and have been on a few cognac tours, I think Hennessy and Remy Martin . 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Gus the cat attracted to our Saturday night wine

image.thumb.png.54d5528ad65ad650b0403e1d0ad7c152.png

Love that there are fellow star gazers here.

Below is our neighbor galaxy, Andromeda, as you might also see it through a good telescope or very good binoculars.

image.gif.d1ee6fb5fbb3905dee03f59b66c748f7.gif

Great pic of the night sky. We have too much light pollution here to see much 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I have a friend who owns a big farmhouse in a village in the Cognac region of France. We've had holidays there quite a few times and have been on a few cognac tours, I think Hennessy and Remy Martin . 

That sounds awesome. I would love to go on a tour of Remy Martin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

This sounds amazing!! Wish we could do this itinerary, but have to return to work sooner. I’ll just have to settle for the ABCs. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on Beyond.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You are so observant, mema!

We hadn't been watching the game as we were doing something else but my Mom called, so I sat down to talk to her and then just caught a glimpse of Andrew.  We have a DVR so I just rewound it and saw it was Owen too.  We kept an eye out after that and saw them a couple of times.

I had a similar thing happen this winter with a Bruins game in Florida.  A whole gang of my family were there and had sent us selfies.  At the end of the game, we saw a guy high fiving everyone that was leaving the game.  Turned out it was my brother.  NESN had the camera on them because Bruins had won and it was a whole row of Bruins fans, all my relatives, in the Lightnings rink.  At least I could send them pictures!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, George C said:

We have done both Edge and Beyond but both in suites, outside suite retreat area is fantastic , with pool , hot tub , bar . We enjoyed entertainment , loved that they had some live music early in the afternoon. Celebrity suite perks are way better than rccl. I am looking forward to hear from my sister who took her entire family on a Northern European cruise on the new apex .

We'd do a Retreat Suite as well.  One of the reasons that we'd pick Edge class.

1 hour ago, ATG said:

The Sky suites look very tempting.  It's not clear but appears that the Sky suites themselves are not in the Retreat area, although you get Retreat access.  Is this correct?

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You’re right Bob, the new-to-us cruise line brings a special excitement to the trip.  But this is our first trip to Europe (other than me with my parents as a very young child) so that’s influencing our excitement level as well.  We fly into Venice for 2 days & nights; train to Rome for 3 days & nights, then the 7 night cruise ending in Barcelona where we’ll spend 3 days & nights before flying home.  I’m not planning to do a “live” because they take a lot of time and attention away from the actual vacation, but I’m sure I’ll post a few pictures and updates here.  I may also do a post cruise comparison type trip report (if I remember to take notes).

Anything that you post, whenever you want to post it, would be greatly appreciated.  I've done a LIVE and it indeed is a lot of work.  

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Hopefully, we'll be on Edge exactly 2 months from now (even before Deb @Momof3gurlz). Our itinerary is different, starting from Barcelona to Rome.

Valencia, Ibiza and Ajaccio will be new ports for us. DH especially is looking forward to the Science Museum in Valencia. 

Will report my thoughts, since we sail 99% of the times for the itinerary (the 1% was taking advantage of Allure being in Europe, and wanting to experience the new Oasis class). 

I'd love to hear your thoughts also Dani!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

This is very, VERY tempting.  Off to do some research...

1 hour ago, George C said:

Exactly two years ago on Edge we were celebrating my wife’s 60th which is July 4th so I did a move up from a sky suite to the penthouse, that was unbelievable.

The Penthouse is out of my price range.  I'm trying to convince myself to pay for an Edge Villa, which seems sorta like a Royal CLS.

48 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We just booked Beyond in July 2024, FLL to the ABCs. It will also our first time on Celebrity! 

ABCs are a great cruise!  I'll need to check that out as well.

34 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@bobmacliberty We’ve sailed Edge several times and Beyond once.  Sailing Apex in November.  If there is anything specific you want to know just ask.

I've read that Eden is a must do.  Have you eaten there?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

If there is anything specific you want to know just ask.

Since it's still the year of our golden wedding anniversary, I'm toying with the idea to splurge on an Eden dinner.

Would u recommend it on Edge? Following Norris ( @Bimmer09 ) review of Eden on Apex, but fear there might be differences between the ships....

Bob @bobmacliberty just saw your post.... Great minds, etc. re: Eden.

For sure I'll post my "musings" 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
Replying to Bob
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We'd do a Retreat Suite as well.  One of the reasons that we'd pick Edge class.

The Sky suites look very tempting.  It's not clear but appears that the Sky suites themselves are not in the Retreat area, although you get Retreat access.  Is this correct?

Anything that you post, whenever you want to post it, would be greatly appreciated.  I've done a LIVE and it indeed is a lot of work.  

I'd love to hear your thoughts also Dani!

This is very, VERY tempting.  Off to do some research...

The Penthouse is out of my price range.  I'm trying to convince myself to pay for an Edge Villa, which seems sorta like a Royal CLS.

ABCs are a great cruise!  I'll need to check that out as well.

I've read that Eden is a must do.  Have you eaten there?

We didn’t pay close to list price on penthouse, but it was expensive, since we did sky then did move up that was accepted . The upper suites give you all the specialty restaurants for free plus two liters of liquor of your choice as perks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Taking from your cruise critic name…..in Dallas the best place for lots of dress choices by far is the Dillards at Northpark.  I shop Talbots, Chicos and JJill for my age but still go to Dillards for dressy clothes.  They have a huge department upstairs with everything from sparkly to business/church dresses. The smaller Dillards have smaller selections but the biggest is Northpark. I can usually find things on sale too.  Happy shopping!

I've been to Northpark numerous times but since I'm in the Northern part of the DFW metroplex I stick to Collin County Malls; Stonebriar, shops at Fairview.  I've bought some nice outfits in Dillard's but it seems Macy's is where I have the best luck. BTW, Chico's has great jewelry.

And, howdy neighbor!

• Like 4