Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Andrew @A&L_Ont that guy behind you looks like Brian Burke. 😵

Great eye, but as a Vancouver fan you should recognize him immediately.  I heard his voice and knew he was behind me.  It’s so recognizable, at least to me. At the 7th inning stretch I acted calm and cool and introduced myself to him. I shook his hand and and said how nice it was to meet him.  Seemed like a decent guy, and you could hear him talking about the plays. After the game I found out that he has season tickets but we have yet to see him at a game. 

I’ve gotten to chat with Nona a couple times. You might know her as Home Plate Lady.  She doesn’t flinch. 

There is also a familiar person who sits behind home plate a few rows over.  See if you can find Geddy Lee, from Rush. Long hair and hat are two clues. 

IMG_2844.thumb.jpeg.ee6ce0f5e6475d87cd5420e17b04cd1f.jpeg

• Like 5

On 6/29/2023 at 4:22 PM, George C said:

Going out tonight to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 32 year anniversary, we go here at least once a week, but tonight we will splurge on a very good bottle of wine . 

Happy Anniversary 

On 7/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from the greatest place to work,the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.

Never heard of them. Is that a large company where you worked or your father?

On 7/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We board Allure in 2 weeks. Last night, I decided to try on my formalwear. The last few cruises have been cooler weather, so I wore my heavier/more winter-appropriate outfits. This next one is going to be hot, so I tried on my lighter formal things. But I've lost a good amount of weight over the last 1.5 years, and they are all too big now! 

I still have time to order something if I do it fast, but I'm not finding anything I like. Where do you ladies shop for cruise formalwear? I usually go for separates, and tops is what I need. 

Dillard’s, Macys and Kohl’s. I also like to check them out online.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, MJSailors said:

@TravelGirlinDallas Good for you that the formal wear is too roomy now!

On to shopping…..

Have you tried Macy’s or Nordstrom?

I like the designer Adrianna Pappell.

I have bought a gown and a cocktail dress with her label at Macy’s.

I did see some pretty maxi dresses online at Talbots. Wearing a maxi dress with pretty sandals and jewelry is good look on a warm weather cruise.

Enjoy shopping!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I also really like Adrianna Papell.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

So. I’m home for the week. No babysitting. 
it is obvious. I am catching up on my threads here on CC. 

I have time to share how my husband is always prepared for anything. 

So our satellite carrier has dropped a channel that we watch the news on at      10 pm as we get ready for bed. 

So not wanted to mess the routine the spouse went and got the antenna. Circa 1960s—1970. And we are watching local news regular air TV. 

Yes it is from the analog era working on digital tv era. 

Good husband. 

IMG_1465.thumb.jpeg.f33a38a8fafdf44217d2ba556a1faad7.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1688343678932.thumb.jpg.9dab8183c45a3cc1c9998b50b371903d.jpg

Poor Lizzy is scared to death of fireworks. She was outside and heard a big boom. She ran to the door shivering she wanted inside. We got some calming peanut butter to hopefully help here. Charlie is unfazed.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We have decided to start a new adventure in our lives. 
Let’s just say our new hobby. 

It all started in January when we went to the I X Center to do some walking and get our steps in. 

That visit a Motor Home/ RV show was the featured event.So we walked and looked. 
Walked more and said. “ That’s nice”
Well we got our steps in and left with a two week option to buy a Motor Home at show price. 
The next day we made an appointment to proceed with purchase. 

Then we got a phone call in April that they cannot fill the order with the one we purchased. It was no longer being made. 
But the good news was they would honor the purchase but a 2024 model, for the same price. 

Now this model over the 2023 had more options that were standard. 
Direct TV, Fire stick. Extra charging stations, to list a few. And many  storage compartments. 

We have been purchasing supplies and necessities over the past few months. 

So on Saturday July 1, we brought her home. 

Today we spent 5 hours cleaning, stocking and organizing.

IMG_0622.thumb.jpeg.3cb120cef87bb726708bb818a02b339b.jpeg

IMG_0621.thumb.jpeg.cb00c9c172c1707058e98f84eb47fdd9.jpeg

IMG_0615.thumb.jpeg.b86484e152be54ce43db514bf035daf6.jpeg

IMG_0413.thumb.jpeg.e9b6b0367e4523808f3b12046e6b1dbb.jpeg

IMG_0414.thumb.jpeg.b948306b01c98484eeaef163290fd7da.jpeg

IMG_0410.thumb.jpeg.f83424ad13aeeb951e767dd01aeaa6b8.jpeg

IMG_0412.thumb.jpeg.15868453565fa58b8d86671637f7584f.jpegIMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.152e36ae578fbed90eec6b234e95a1e7.jpeg

Oh in case your wondering we do have 3 future cruises booked. Quantum, Symphony and Freedom. 

Be safe. 

Very nice land yacht. Enjoy but I hope you will still always cruise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It all started in January when we went to the I X Center to do some walking and get our steps in. 

That visit a Motor Home/ RV show was the featured event.So we walked and looked. 
Well we got our steps in and left with a two week option to buy a Motor Home at show price. 

Then we got a phone call in April that they cannot fill the order with the one we purchased. It was no longer being made. 
But the good news was they would honor the purchase but a 2024 model, for the same price. 

Direct TV, Fire stick. Extra charging stations, to list a few. And many  storage compartments. 

IMG_0412.thumb.jpeg.15868453565fa58b8d86671637f7584f.jpegIMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.152e36ae578fbed90eec6b234e95a1e7.jpeg

Oh in case your wondering we do have 3 future cruises booked. Quantum, Symphony and Freedom. 

Be safe. 

Love your new home away from home.  Very well appointed.  I'm looking forward to reading about your new wonderful adventures. 

Safe travels.

• Like 2

I know I mentioned I sell a chunk of my mangos to a guy that comes down every year. He bought some again and asked if I would have more. Mike said there were about 50 left so I told him I was going to keep the rest. Mike had been picking them since I had the contact dermatitis from the sap and wasn't picking them myself. Quess I should have gone out myself to look. 😵‍💫 

They can be hard to see since they don't turn very yellow when they are ready to pick. Their green blends in with the tree. Needless to say I have peeled about 150+ and still have about 50 left. I'm so over it. That doesn't include the all ones the wind blew down (at least several hundred) which go straight in the trash. They bruise easily when they hit the ground and have a mushy spot. It is definitely getting a good trimming this year. 

Fresh cut chunks of mango with no sugar or anything else added and ready to be dried.

20230702_180010.thumb.jpg.2bda4a227cc7292de79a0c8bdc5fada7.jpg

Not pretty, but the end result tastes like candy. Plain dried mangos. The black is from the natural sugar carmelizing when they get too ripe. I prefer to dry them when they are just starting to turn a little yellow.

20230702_180047.thumb.jpg.2ce179ad9229f5dba7c1b2e58a4c4cf5.jpg

Mango puree with nothing added ready to dry to make fruit rolls.

20230702_181318.thumb.jpg.e0519410cf7d77d7517dc1211679d51b.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great eye, but as a Vancouver fan you should recognize him immediately.  I heard his voice and knew he was behind me.  It’s so recognizable, at least to me. At the 7th inning stretch I acted calm and cool and introduced myself to him. I shook his hand and and said how nice it was to meet him.  Seemed like a decent guy, and you could hear him talking about the plays. After the game I found out that he has season tickets but we have yet to see him at a game. 

I’ve gotten to chat with Nona a couple times. You might know her as Home Plate Lady.  She doesn’t flinch. 

There is also a familiar person who sits behind home plate a few rows over.  See if you can find Geddy Lee, from Rush. Long hair and hat are two clues. 

IMG_2844.thumb.jpeg.ee6ce0f5e6475d87cd5420e17b04cd1f.jpeg

Very cool

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

How in heavens name do you measure for linen on lofted bed. Sleeper couch and table that turns into bed. I have measured but nothing is made to fit them. 

Yes, from the man cave. The RV will be housed on the side. Well once the side roof add on. 

I’ll post some links tomorrow when I get time. It’s too late tonight to hunt them down. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Sue, It looks very nice and luxurious. I don't know anything about RV's. So, I have a question. Why is the sink like that with a grate over it, and how do you use it? I understand about water tanks, but I don't get it. Thanks. ☺️

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Be safe. 

Congrats. Wishing you many happy adventures!

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Never heard of them. Is that a large company where you worked or 

Dunder paper company is a fictional business from the comedy TV series The Office with Steve Carrell.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

How in heavens name do you measure for linen on lofted bed. Sleeper couch and table that turns into bed. I have measured but nothing is made to fit them. 

Yes, from the man cave. The RV will be housed on the side. Well once the side roof add on. 

I would ask the RV company for the bedding info.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Sue, It looks very nice and luxurious. I don't know anything about RV's. So, I have a question. Why is the sink like that with a grate over it, and how do you use it? I understand about water tanks, but I don't get it. Thanks. ☺️

that screen is very sturdy. It can be used as counter space. Or. Resting stuff on it.  I am keeping the dish strain, sponge and Dawn soap underneath it when not in use. I will also probably cover it with those drop clothes to let dishes dry on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would ask the RV company for the bedding info.

Well that was the first thing I did. 
They sent me to the RV resource person. and she says  “ I don’t know each RV is different.”

Then I was sent to the customer service and the girl goes “ I don’t know I just check out your order”.  She sent me to parts and the very friendly attendant goes “ I know nothing about linen, replacements I can help you with, but here’s a measure tape if that would help” 

And that takes me back to no where. 

So I went to Amazon camping linen. Not a bad price for linen. 
Unfortunately they have nothing near what my measurements are for an RV  bedding. 

I need to know how to measure. 

And yes if you have followed me over the years; if it’s going to happen it will happen to me. 
As we begin our future travels. I am writing a book. 

Be safe. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

IF you are inexperienced or unsure about best practices with the operation of various RV components feel free to ask anything.  Chances are I've had to go through it.  

I'm on my 5th unit 🙂 

I'm not an RVer...just an inquiring mind.  Have you ever used the Starlink system for internet while camping?  With YouTubeTV, it would seem to be a nice solution for television AND internet.  Although TV probably defeats part of the purpose of camping and 5G coverage is becoming more ubiquitous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Come join Linda and I on Beyond April 1-12th, 2024 for a 11 Night Southern Caribbean.

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

This is a great itinerary! Will crtainly look into this one.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not an RVer...just an inquiring mind.  Have you ever used the Starlink system for internet while camping?  With YouTubeTV, it would seem to be a nice solution for television AND internet.  Although TV probably defeats part of the purpose of camping and 5G coverage is becoming more ubiquitous.

You would be surprised at the number of antennas and satellite receivers you see in a campground.  Camping is a far cry from the days when we would pack all our supplies and a Coleman tent in our boat, and take our kids camping and boating at Kinzua Lake in northern Pennsylvania.  It is now all about having the comforts of home when camping.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Come join Linda and I on Beyond April 1-12th, 2024 for a 11 Night Southern Caribbean.

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

Nice itinerary.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Departs Fort Lauderdale

Cruising

Grand Cayman

Cruising

Cartagena Columbia

Aruba (Overnight)

Curacao

Bonaire

Cruising

Cruising

Fort Lauderdale

Great itinerary!  We really enjoyed Cartagena.   We are already doing a 13 night Southern Caribbean in January and doing a 5 night to Bermuda (overnight in Bermuda) next year.  Doug still has that darn job thing getting in the way of our cruising. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ValerieJo said:

Great itinerary!  We really enjoyed Cartagena.   We are already doing a 13 night Southern Caribbean in January and doing a 5 night to Bermuda (overnight in Bermuda) next year.  Doug still has that darn job thing getting in the way of our cruising. 

What did you do in Cartagena? Looking for excursion to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What did you do in Cartagena? Looking for excursion to do.

We did a great tour with “Dora the Explorer”. Check her out on TripAdvisor.  It was very good and informative.   I’d give the link to her site, but my internet is spotty at best here in the Northern Michigan woods.  😊.  We did this similar itinerary on Serenade of the Seas in March 2020. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Great itinerary!  We really enjoyed Cartagena.

What I remember about Cartagena, was how hot it was.  We visited in April, the year we sailed.  I looked back at my notes, and it said the temperature was 83°, but it felt like 130° with the heat index.  It felt every bit that hot. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5

Just now, ValerieJo said:

We did a great tour with “Dora the Explorer”. Check her out on TripAdvisor.  It was very good and informative.   I’d give the link to her site, but my internet is spotty at best here in the Northern Michigan woods.  😊.  We did this similar itinerary on Serenade of the Seas in March 2020. 

Thanks Valerie, I’ll check it out.

• Like 1