Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Ocean House on the right, my dear friend's house on the left... and it is now raining again.....

BTW, my dear friend is asking more for her house than what the Ocean House sold for the last time it was on the narket.

20230704_135248.thumb.jpg.e9d56c8d848dd49dc66c865c2439c3d4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

On 7/3/2023 at 4:23 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Every July 4 my daughter and family who live 5 minutes from Toby and I have a party to celebrate the holiday.Tomorrow they are doing something a bit different .They have invited two friends who are with the Port Authority Police Department and their families,two friends who are members of the NYPD and their families,two friends who are members of the FDNY and their families,two of my friends who are retired from a Long Island Fire  Department  and their families,my niece who is an MD and her family,a cousin of my SIL who is an MD and his family ,my wife who is a retired RN and a cousin of hers who is a retired RN and her family.

We will be 56 people .

Hope you have a wonderful party Lennie, 🥳 

Happy 4th July

• Like 2

@h20skibum

Mark I hope Susan feels better and better each day. She must miss being with the grandkids and all their outings. 

But to all who partake in this thread which by the way are to numerous to mention I wish you health and happiness as well as great sailing ahead. 

Happy Fourth of July to all!  

Miss Zoey wishes all a safe fourth. 
I will see her Sunday. 

IMG_1474.thumb.jpeg.05ed221ff0788ca862166aaad19a3bdb.jpeg

• Like 25

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry to hear Susan is still not well.   Did they confirm it is Lyme disease or still unknown?

I am really annoyed with her doctor.  She can’t even see her until the 7th, and then, it will be with a nurse practitioner.  They told her they probably will not even test to confirm, because they would just put her on the drugs she was prescribed when she went to urgent care.

Susan is just tired of the constant headaches, fever that keeps coming back, and body aches.  She wants to feel better, yesterday. 

She will miss out, once again, tonight, as we meet up with my daughter and her family, along with several friends, for another fireworks show.  At least tonight’s show is closer to home.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Frustrated today as it's a holiday that I no longer have to work, but really can't do too much. The knee is not cooperating. Wish we could do something fun but it doesn't look that way. I am going to grill some pineapple brats tonight with some tiki cocktails. I guess I will watch the Nathan's hot dog eating contest in about an hour. Even though it's gross I am always amazed watching those competitors. Probably watch some more Hallmark Christmas movies even though I seen all of them.

Trying to make my schedule for our October Adventure sailing. Question?? With the new menus in the MDR are the theme nights all the same on each sailing? For example on the Bella cruise it was:

Night 2 White (French)

Night 4 Caribbean (Caribbean)

Night 5 70's

etc...

I think the answer is that it changes around but I would like to preplan as much as possible.

Cheers!

Greg, when we were on the Oasis (Bella cruise) b2b , the menu and theme nights were the same on both sailings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

Mark I hope Susan feels better and better each day. She must miss being with the grandkids and all their outings. 

But to all who partake in this thread which by the way are to numerous to mention I wish you health and happiness as well as great sailing ahead. 

Happy Fourth of July to all!  

Miss Zoey wishes all a safe fourth. 
I will see her Sunday. 

IMG_1474.thumb.jpeg.05ed221ff0788ca862166aaad19a3bdb.jpeg

Too much cuteness in this picture, Sue!  Zoey's face!  Her smile!  Those little toes of hers!💕

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ocean House on the right, my dear friend's house on the left... and it is now raining again.....

BTW, my dear friend is asking more for her house than what the Ocean House sold for the last time it was on the narket.

20230704_135248.thumb.jpg.e9d56c8d848dd49dc66c865c2439c3d4.jpg

Don't believe everything you read:

taylor swift rhode island from www.lamansiondelasideas.com
Feb 10, 2022  The singer's house in Rhode Island, a small coastal town in New York, has eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Don't believe everything you read:

taylor swift rhode island from www.lamansiondelasideas.com
Feb 10, 2022  The singer's house in Rhode Island, a small coastal town in New York, has eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms.

image.png

Love the way they refer to Rhode Island as a small coastal town in New York. I can also assure you that her goons were guarding the gate when I rode past on my bike today.

• Haha 16

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am really annoyed with her doctor.  She can’t even see her until the 7th, and then, it will be with a nurse practitioner.  They told her they probably will not even test to confirm, because they would just put her on the drugs she was prescribed when she went to urgent care.

Susan is just tired of the constant headaches, fever that keeps coming back, and body aches.  She wants to feel better, yesterday. 

She will miss out, once again, tonight, as we meet up with my daughter and her family, along with several friends, for another fireworks show.  At least tonight’s show is closer to home.

😪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, when we were on the Oasis (Bella cruise) b2b , the menu and theme nights were the same on both sailings.

I was able to see some of the menus for our sailing on the Royal app. Granted I know they can change but it gives me a framework to get our schedule organized. There is a sailing on Adventure two weeks before ours that has the same itinerary. I’ll be able to compare and make adjustments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

View from Piermont NY this evening,  4th of July.  Tappan Zee Bridge in distance. 

❤️🤍💙

Best to ALL!20230704_190049.thumb.jpg.42e2f8fdf13f356505003c85c8223d36.jpg

One of our favorite towns when we lived nearby. Great river views, shops, restaurants, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The beach is beautiful this evening.

20230704_203201.thumb.jpg.7009fe0b186f5cefd77e345974ec9d08.jpg

20230704_203917.thumb.jpg.21306aa49e7a72aed272e4aa434d30f7.jpg

20230704_203507.thumb.jpg.2e4dd865d09a11ee5494258fce6dae08.jpg

20230704_203247.thumb.jpg.94e2bdd0b6bc007b48933632492a1678.jpg

Looks wonderful and peaceful better than the fricking war zone I listening to now. Sorry I really hate 4th of July.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks wonderful and peaceful better than the fricking war zone I listening to now. Sorry I really hate 4th of July.

That sounds like our neighborhood. Non-stop explosions since 8PM. It is absolutely amazing how many illegal fireworks are out there. We were both amazed at how continuous the noise is. Bobby doesn't like them. He went and hid in the garage until we both came back inside. I don't hate them. It is just that every year, I am surprised at how many there are. 

• Like 2

Good Morning. 

Our area is under an air quality alert. 
Not from the Canadian fires. 

But 

A temperature inversion keeping the smoke from all the firework displays localized and not only it is stinky out but also foggy.  

Be safe 

Sorry for those that dislike the holiday and the fireworks, but we had a nice day.  Started off with a nice 2 hr local town parade.  Hot and muggy day in the 90s as it usually is on the 4th.

Eric's Brother came over for a mini BBQ and to watch the local fireworks.  The town did a 40 minute firework display, that was really nice.   Then homeowners began their own displays.   They are legal to buy in PA.    Always amazed at how much they spend on fireworks.    Traffic was insane, as usual.  

Town carnival began Monday night and runs thru Saturday night.   We plan on going on spaghetti night that ends with a pie eating contest.  Always fun to watch.

Besides the heat and humidity it was a really nice Holiday.

Back to work today, ugghhh!

• Like 14

Today is the first step to the treatment of the throat cancer.  I have a 900 AM appointment with the nuclear Dr, and see what his plan for the radiation treatment is. Then at 1100 AM is the oncologist, I assume the plan for the chemo.

He had said before this would take 6 weeks, once a week. Then would insert an IV every time, rather than a port.  Side effects should just be some tiredness and maybe some nausea, and there should not be any hair loss. 

The only issue I have been having happens when I am eating, food gets stuck in the  back of my throat, so I drink something  when that happens and everything is fine. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Today is the first step to the treatment of the throat cancer.  I have a 900 AM appointment with the nuclear Dr, and see what his plan for the radiation treatment is. Then at 1100 AM is the oncologist, I assume the plan for the chemo.

He had said before this would take 6 weeks, once a week. Then would insert an IV every time, rather than a port.  Side effects should just be some tiredness and maybe some nausea, and there should not be any hair loss. 

The only issue I have been having happens when I am eating, food gets stuck in the  back of my throat, so I drink something  when that happens and everything is fine. 

Continuing healing prayers for a full and speedy recovery as you begin your journey. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Wish you the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1