Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, dpostman said:

During the first week of August, my DW and I are headed for a 7 to 8hr drive to Portsmouth NH to go see Ryan Adams and the Cardinals at the Portsmouth Music Hall.  We will be spending 2 days in the area.  Anyone have recommendations for places to eat? or drink?  Bonus if the place is good at both 😉

dp

You might want to check out Samantha Brown’s videos on Portsmouth , NH . She’s from there . She has a travel program on. PBS called Places to Love .  

I’m originally from Manchester and I’ve only been to Portsmouth once so no help from me though I do miss whole body fried clams and Moxie . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

When I go to the cruise planner it states that I am Elite. I wonder if it already calculates the discount or do I need to call?

We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel for our October Adventure cruise out of FL. Now I’m worried it may not be good. I guess fingers crossed. I liked the location and the fact you can get on the water taxis and see some of the sights.

Ill check out Celebrity’s hotels for Beyond.

Thank you so much.. 

You will have to call for the discount. It does not calculate automatically.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy and I need to make some decisions on hotel and flights for this cruise.  
The Riverside is on the list because of its proximity to the very walkable Las Olas area. Also thinking of the Hilton Marina which is a little closer to the port and another Hilton (Maren I think) that’s on the beach.  Naturally I’m already thinking about where to eat the night before the cruise lol. We usually go to Coconuts, but a lot of people recommend The Boathouse too.  

Boat Yard is within walking distance to the Renaissance.....literally in their parking lot.

Edited by Arzeena

@Sea Dog

Elite

Featured Benefits

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour
  • 30% off Wi-Fi package or Wi-Fi upgrade
  • 15% off Drink Package or upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

During the first week of August, my DW and I are headed for a 7 to 8hr drive to Portsmouth NH to go see Ryan Adams and the Cardinals at the Portsmouth Music Hall.  We will be spending 2 days in the area.  Anyone have recommendations for places to eat? or drink?  Bonus if the place is good at both 😉

dp

There are a lot of great restaurants and bars in Portsmouth.  I have been to Martingale Wharf a few times and it was excellent.  We sat outside and it was wonderful.

https://www.martingalewharf.com/

Surf is right beside it.  We haven't been to that one but have been to another one of their locations and it was very good too.

https://www.surfseafood.com/portsmouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

You might want to check out Samantha Brown’s videos on Portsmouth , NH . She’s from there . She has a travel program on. PBS called Places to Love .  

I’m originally from Manchester and I’ve only been to Portsmouth once so no help from me though I do miss whole body fried clams and Moxie . 

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are a lot of great restaurants and bars in Portsmouth.  I have been to Martingale Wharf a few times and it was excellent.  We sat outside and it was wonderful.

https://www.martingalewharf.com/

Surf is right beside it.  We haven't been to that one but have been to another one of their locations and it was very good too.

https://www.surfseafood.com/portsmouth

Thanks both of you.  There are several nice and unique places in Portsmouth.   Contrary to most that go to Portsmouth, Seafood is not a big priority as we get lots from where we live on the East Coast. But That Martingale Wharf  seems really nice.  The Black Birch was recommended in several places and is particularly unique.  That is definitely on the Short list.

Tonight/soon, I'm taking my wife to the Black Rabbit for her Birthday.  This is one of our most unique/fine restaurants in our tiny city.  They have a particularly extensive Chef's Tasting Menu that we both plan try tonight.

Read you all later!

Thanks again for the info for Portsmouth.

dp

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Tonight/soon, I'm taking my wife to the Black Rabbit for her Birthday.  This is one of our most unique/fine restaurants in our tiny city.  They have a particularly extensive Chef's Tasting Menu that we both plan try tonight.

Happy Birthday to your dear Wife 💐.   I hope you both enjoy your dinner and evening out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I can recommend being a tourist in your own city.  I hope you follow our lead and if you do, would love to see you post photos of areas you explore in Boston.

Boston is a great, and very walkable, city. I love going there.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Thanks both of you.  There are several nice and unique places in Portsmouth.   Contrary to most that go to Portsmouth, Seafood is not a big priority as we get lots from where we live on the East Coast. But That Martingale Wharf  seems really nice.  The Black Birch was recommended in several places and is particularly unique.  That is definitely on the Short list.

Read you all later!

dp

Black Rabbit looks like a wonderful place for a birthday dinner!  

As far as Portsmouth, I will have to ask my son where he met all his cousins and my siblings for drinks and dinner while my DH and I were away.  I know it wasn't a seafood place because my son doesn't eat seafood. 😄 I know there is a brewery in downtown Portsmouth that they went to but I am not sure if that is where they ate.  

I am in Massachusetts but I go up to New Hampshire every week to see my Mom.  I take her to Warren's Lobster House in Kittery a lot.  It is nothing fancy but it has really good fried clams and a gigantic salad bar.  Lots of old ladies there at lunch. 🙂 We also go to Robert's Maine Grill in Kittery.  Again, mostly seafood but they are known for their oysters and have an oyster menu that changes daily.  I don't eat oysters but they bring them in daily from all over Maine.

No photo description available.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy and I need to make some decisions on hotel and flights for this cruise.  
The Riverside is on the list because of its proximity to the very walkable Las Olas area. Also thinking of the Hilton Marina which is a little closer to the port and another Hilton (Maren I think) that’s on the beach.  Naturally I’m already thinking about where to eat the night before the cruise lol. We usually go to Coconuts, but a lot of people recommend The Boathouse too.  

We are staying at the Hilton Marina.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

Read you all later!

dp

Happy birthday to your dear wife @dpostman

hapbird20-14.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Black Rabbit looks like a wonderful place for a birthday dinner!  

As far as Portsmouth, I will have to ask my son where he met all his cousins and my siblings for drinks and dinner while my DH and I were away.  I know it wasn't a seafood place because my son doesn't eat seafood. 😄 I know there is a brewery in downtown Portsmouth that they went to but I am not sure if that is where they ate.  

I am in Massachusetts but I go up to New Hampshire every week to see my Mom.  I take her to Warren's Lobster House in Kittery a lot.  It is nothing fancy but it has really good fried clams and a gigantic salad bar.  Lots of old ladies there at lunch. 🙂 We also go to Robert's Maine Grill in Kittery.  Again, mostly seafood but they are known for their oysters and have an oyster menu that changes daily.  I don't eat oysters but they bring them in daily from all over Maine.

No photo description available.

Love me some of those whole belly fried clams. Now I have a craving for them.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That's so good to hear!  We've been to one or two of her Concerts years ago.  We went to a Melanie Concert two years ago, and it was really sad to not only see her walk on the stage with a cane and the assistance of her son, but the voice she once had is no longer there,😢  We had been to many of her Concerts in the 60's and early 70's

Melanie was really pretty in her day and I did like her voice. She is 76 yo now. It is unfortunate that aging has not been kind to her.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dpostman said:

Happy Birthday to Mrs. dpostman.🌹  Enjoy your special dinner!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Judy, at 84 years old, still has an amazing voice. Suite Judy Blue Eyes still has it.

I haven't heard her sing in many years but I do remember how clear and sweet her voice was.  No background music necessary.

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Melanie at a Hippiefest concert in 2008.Referring to great singers still appearing in concerts at old age: Mick Jagger will be 80 this month,Ringo Starr was 83 yesterday,Paul McCartney was 81 last month.

They are all still drawing crowds.

Paul M. wrote "When I'm 64" when he was only 14 and recorded it in his 20s.  I remember hearing it played on my car radio on his 64th birthday.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog

Elite

Featured Benefits

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour
  • 30% off Wi-Fi package or Wi-Fi upgrade
  • 15% off Drink Package or upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing

I like my RCI D+ benefits better.

• Like 1