Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wow, to me that’s really high considering it’s not a fancy hotel. I’d definitely look around some. Is that price for a suite?

It's when you put that 3rd person in the room, they almost double the price of the room.

This was the lowest priced room for 3 people they listed........May 28th through May 30th.

Queen Junior Suite with Executive Benefits

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ah the joys of living in a wooded area. This bat decided to rest in between my window and screen. I sure hope he goes back out the opening that was there. No way am I opening that window.

IMG_1865.thumb.jpeg.8e495d95dd1afcebd455a28478a85f34.jpeg

IMG_1866.thumb.jpeg.c696b6f4c03543c3e07467af5adc4e7a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think they are very active during daylight. It will start moving around when the sun goes down. Aside from some rabies issues, bats are not bad creatures. They eat loads of misquitos.

Greg, if you've never been to Austin, watching them come out from under Congress Bridge as dusk is amazing....they say it's a colony of 1-2 million bats going out to feed.

Congress Bridge Bats - Larry April 2021

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Greg, if you've never been to Austin, watching them come out from under Congress Bridge as dusk is amazing....they say it's a colony of 1-2 million bats going out to feed.

Congress Bridge Bats - Larry April 2021

Yes I've seen video of it before. Pretty amazing.

• Like 1

As I was reading about Greg's new pet bat, a guy was working on screening my patio/lanai. A little frog managed to hop into the lanai while the guy was still working😨.

DH had to coax and shoo him out of the door. The frog looked really cute riding on the broom and jumping out into the grass.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

As I was reading about Greg's new pet bat, a guy was working on screening my patio/lanai. A little frog managed to hop into the lanai while the guy was still working😨.

DH had to coax and shoo him out of the door. The frog looked really cute riding on the broom and jumping out into the grass.

Like this one?  We have the little tree frogs all over.  This guy landed on my knee when we were by the pool one day.  Also gave the little lizards, anoles, that somehow get in the house quite often.

IMG_20170916_141512.thumb.jpg.cfeaa10c9cd8728b7e71942bf31c8e61.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2023 at 9:54 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Looks like y’all had a great time. Isn’t the water cold for swimming?

Surprisingly it was not. Even when we first went it, it didn't have that  momentarily chill.

Maybe it's a shallow lake that warms up quickly?

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

12 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Like this one?  We have the little tree frogs all over.  This guy landed on my knee when we were by the pool one day.  Also gave the little lizards, anoles, that somehow get in the house quite often.

We have those little tree frogs also and they're VERY noisy at night.  I assume it's some sort of mating call as we've captured them at night by our pool and put them into the wooded area next to us, and some were in a "compromising position".

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Her family moved to Decatur, GA; I grew up there.  y.

I even texted the DFCS and said upon further reflection I thought it would be best for her to return my key.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love this!  I'll bet that's the first time that the DFCS acronym was ever used in this context. 😁

52 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’d much rather deal with them than her…

Took me a minute to figure out the true meaning.  My first guess was "Decatur (GA) Friends of Cats Society.😄"

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, akcruz said:

IMG_20170916_141512.thumb.jpg.cfeaa10c9cd8728b7e71942bf31c8e61.jpg

I would have screamed so loud that you would have heard it in the Carolinas!!!!😁

Yes it is his cousin!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I would have screamed so loud that you would have heard it in the Carolinas!!!!😁

Yes it is his cousin!

Oh I jumped, not sure how it stayed there, took the picture and shoo'ed him away.  

And yes can't believe how loud those little things are.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ah the joys of living in a wooded area. This bat decided to rest in between my window and screen. I sure hope he goes back out the opening that was there. No way am I opening that window.

Eeeek, that is creepy!  As much as I’d hate the sight of it, I think I’d be constantly checking to see if it was still there. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Eeeek, that is creepy!  As much as I’d hate the sight of it, I think I’d be constantly checking to see if it was still there. 

I'm keeping an eye on it. Lizzy saw it and is now barking at it but he seems unfazed by Lizzy..

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We have those little tree frogs also and they're VERY noisy at night.  I assume it's some sort of mating call as we've captured them at night by our pool and put them into the wooded area next to us, and some were in a "compromising position".

My dad had a single  frog that needed to be on a frog dating app.  His loud call at night went on for weeks.  Thankfully he finally found a mate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s a hard pass from me.  I’d be getting someone in to move him.  He/she looks like a cute little bat though.  

Greg, what is the white object on your fence in the 2nd photo?

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That’s a hard pass from me.  I’d be getting someone in to move him.  He/she looks like a cute little bat though.  

Greg, what is the white bird on your fence in the 2nd photo?

It’s our garden statue of our guardian angel who looks out for us.

IMG_1867.thumb.jpeg.389d4c263f48844f087e1b69e3fd7383.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Happy "true" Birthday Lenny!🥂

I just got more birthday presents .A cousin who was at the party yesterday said she forgot to bring them and she brought them today.The invitation that was sent said “your presence is your present”.

I was not expecting gifts.

• Like 3

Subaru outback battery died yesterday.  60mins for roadside assist.  Then told that the battery in our model Subaru is not standard so it couldn’t be replaced by roadside assist battery service.   Roadside assist re-started car and told me to drive straight to my mechanic, making sure that the engine is not turned off.  Mechanic advised that he stocks batteries just for my car model and that of my work colleague’s  Diesel Subaru outback model.  For some reason, Subaru designed these models with battery placements in a different position and different size to standard. Battery life is 5 years.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 12°C and sunny after 72 hours of non stop rain over the weekend.

I am watching the women's world cup football where it is 

Germany 2 Morocco 0 at half time.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Fabulous to see the media coverage and the massive crowds for the two  WOMEN’S World Cup soccer games being held here in Sydney.

Glad you are finally seeing sun Graham after all that rain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been trying to keep up with this thread and Andrew’s, but haven’t posted for the last couple days.  

We were out to a festival Saturday, and I forgot to put grandson’s hat in the car.  Fortunately, I found one in that car.  I hadn’t seen that hat for some time. 

IMG_8258.thumb.jpeg.6c4b8c7484c9bdaf8f0bebcbd3d651dc.jpeg

Desert was delicious. 

IMG_8260.thumb.jpeg.1e15c1d9e11ce5755cef86bca2ea14d8.jpeg

Of course, PGA Junior grandson had a match, and his team won.  He played really well. 

IMG_4672.thumb.jpeg.1ca802621e9cf8ee8e528353a79cd592.jpeg

I finally let Susan back out in public, so we were walking to get her strength built back up. Saw this family.  

IMG_8267.thumb.jpeg.b88b638902d6363af27426206b741be7.jpeg

And finally, we had to do a little cat sitting yesterday.  I think we are somewhat reliable, at least where Ricky is concerned. 

IMG_8271.thumb.jpeg.c9d3618aeb66bfc30b088802866f9893.jpeg

Tomorrow, we are off to Kennywood Amusement park again, just because Susan missed out last week.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Most people who come into Manhattan from out of town stay on the West side.My recommendation is to stay on the East side .My suggestion is to call the New York City Tourist Information Center at (212) 868-0521.This office is a few blocks away from MSG and you can get a lot of info from them.

They have been very helpful to everyone I have referred to contact.

I’m probably one of the few people left who requests brochures and maps from the Con Vis bureau of the city I’m going to visit. The NYC office used to be across the street from the Sheraton. 

I’ve received brochures from Cocoa Beach , Fla. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think they are very active during daylight. It will start moving around when the sun goes down. Aside from some rabies issues, bats are not bad creatures. They eat loads of misquitos.

If you were in the same room as a bat while you were asleep, the default assumption is that you were bitten (bat bites can be so small that they don't leave any visible mark on the skin), and rabies treatment plus rabies vaccination gets started in the Emergency Department.  

Because the treatment is weight-based, the bigger the person, the more shots they get.  My record is seven shots in one visit, and I've only been working there for three months.  

Stay away from bats, folks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3