Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Winner.... Winner! You can't go wrong with mooring lines.

Thanks Maryann. I'll keep on mowing till I can't physically anymore. I enjoy being outside. Don't think Linda's brother will be around too much longer. One of the doctors in the ER told him maybe a couple of months, which I thought that was irresponsible to say that without further diagnosis. That's why I used my connections over at KU Hospital to get him in to see their top pulmonologist. We will see what happens.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Linda's brother Greg @Sea Dog.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately it was 20 minutes of cue waiting and 40 minutes of trying to get tickets. None in our hand. The same tickets now are 2-4 times more on StubHub than what they were originally selling for on Ticketmaster. Just the way it is. 

I'm sorry Lisa didn't get tickets. When Taylor was in San Fransisco my daughter and a few friends looked for tickets on Stubhub and the prices were ridiculous but the day of the show the prices starting dropping fast. Their plan was to tailgate in the parking lot so they could still hear her perform and still hope that the prices would drop to what they were willing to pay. They gave up looking because they were having so much fun with all of the other Swifties. After the first few songs the prices had dropped to the original selling price.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm sorry Lisa didn't get tickets. When Taylor was in San Fransisco my daughter and a few friends looked for tickets on Stubhub and the prices were ridiculous but the day of the show the prices starting dropping fast. Their plan was to tailgate in the parking lot so they could still hear her perform and still hope that the prices would drop to what they were willing to pay. They gave up looking because they were having so much fun with all of the other Swifties. After the first few songs the prices had dropped to the original selling price.

When she was at Gillette Stadium, home of the NE Patriots, they did not allow tailgating or entrance into the parking lots unless you had a ticket.  Pretty sure the parking had to be reserved in advance too.  They had roads in the local neighborhoods blocked off so people didn't try to live park there.  They really tried to discourage anyone from going into the area if they didn't have a ticket.

In Roatan today. Ship is pulling out as I type. Weather was beautiful. We went to Infinity Bay. Did pay as you go not the AI. We ha planned on Turquoise Bay (thank you Greg for the stellar review) but it got sold out ever since I started looking and the procrastinating at the $189 pp price.

We took a cab to Infinity. Not very crowded. Only us in Coxen's, but I could see another small ship at Mahogany. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

When she was at Gillette Stadium, home of the NE Patriots, they did not allow tailgating or entrance into the parking lots unless you had a ticket.  Pretty sure the parking had to be reserved in advance too.  They had roads in the local neighborhoods blocked off so people didn't try to live park there.  They really tried to discourage anyone from going into the area if they didn't have a ticket.

Some stadiums allowed it and some didn't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

In Roatan today. Ship is pulling out as I type. Weather was beautiful. We went to Infinity Bay. Did pay as you go not the AI. We ha planned on Turquoise Bay (thank you Greg for the stellar review) but it got sold out ever since I started looking and the procrastinating at the $189 pp price.

We took a cab to Infinity. Not very crowded. Only us in Coxen's, but I could see another small ship at Mahogany. 

Did you get an independent taxi back from Infinity easily, or did you arrange it through the resort?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Some stadiums allowed it and some didn't.

Foxboro has had issues with Waze and Google maps sending people through all the local neighborhoods causing gridlock, so I don't doubt that they had restrictions put on this concert and others.  Bigger more urban venues likely can handle it better.

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Foxboro has had issues with Waze and Google maps sending people through all the local neighborhoods causing gridlock, so I don't doubt that they had restrictions put on this concert and others.  Bigger more urban venues likely can handle it better.

That's a good reason to discourage it. My daughter just told me that they tailgated 2 nights ago in LA, just bought a parking pass online.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately it was 20 minutes of cue waiting and 40 minutes of trying to get tickets. None in our hand. The same tickets now are 2-4 times more on StubHub than what they were originally selling for on Ticketmaster. Just the way it is. 

I am sorry Lisa was unsuccessful.

DD was up at 3am and was surprised how easy it was to obtain tickets for herself and two friends for the Toronto Show in November 2024.  Only took 10 minutes all up. The last time the  three friends saw TS was in the US, 6 years ago.  Tickets were $120 each back then.  Certainly not those prices anymore….

• Like 4

One of my favorite musicians passed yesterday Robbie Robertson from the Band , one of my favorite movies is “the last waltz” which is about the bands last concert in the 1970’s with rock and roll royalty as guest including Dylan , Clapton and a dozen more . 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are on our way from MCO to Port Canaveral, boarding Independence of the Seas tomorrow morning to PDCC & Nassau, returning Monday. Tonight we stay at the Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port and we’ll likely head over to Fish Lips for dinner.  These boys are going to want to run from one activity to another on the ship, so if I’m not too exhausted at night, I’ll try to post some updates.  Me with Andrew and Will (Andy is in the front seat with the driver)

IMG_9322.thumb.jpeg.100ba1acd67fb7523ed219196835b69f.jpeg

Awesome!    Hope you all have a blast with perfect weather and calm seas.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just catching up on Below Deck Down Under. The Captain handled this as best as possible. I can’t believe that the male and female crew member didn’t see their terminations coming. 

I agree, Capt. Jason and Chief Stew Aesha handled the situation as best as possible.    

I couldn't believe the girl's reaction and showing empathy towards the guy instead of comforting the girl that was the victim of his actions.   Very thankful to see that production crew step in to do the right thing too!

I hope what I typed makes sense - wasn't easy to do without mentioning names and events.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Did you get an independent taxi back from Infinity easily, or did you arrange it through the resort?

We got one at the port and he picked us up on return. Paid on return.  Dispatcher gets you a taxi or shared van at Port, whatever you need. He asks for $5 and arranges return fare. You pay the taxi guy when he gets you back to port. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, George C said:one of my favorite movies is “the last waltz” which is about the bands last concert in the 1970’s with rock and roll royalty as guest including Dylan , Clapton and a dozen more . 

One of my favorites of all times. The sound is amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I discovered that one can use their diamond drink voucher towards a smoothie or juice at the Vitality Spa Cafe.  I did not know this before.

Tomorrow is the last stop, Costa Maya.

Good to know. I’ve used mine on specialty coffees before but never at the Spa Cafe. I’ll have to try that!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We got one at the port and he picked us up on return. Paid on return.  Dispatcher gets you a taxi or shared van at Port, whatever you need. He asks for $5 and arranges return fare. You pay the taxi guy when he gets you back to port. 

Sounds like an improvement from years gone by. Was the fare on an official board and was it less than Infinity asks when you pre-book ($25pp).

How is the construction progressing at Infinity?

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your concern Lenny.

I pray Toby and yourself are well.

My problem is that none of the doctors that I have been to can tell for certain if my mobility problems are because of the Parkinsons or the Spinal Stenosis.My in home Physical Therapist is treating me for both.She suggested that I try going to a Holistic Doctor and she is trying to find one for me.

Toby is doing well.Thank you ,as always ,Graham

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They (city officials) said they were going to ban all (taylorgating) or entrance when she played in Santa Clara. The SF concert that @ownedbypets mentioned. But they ended up not doing any of that. It looked like everyone had a good time. She seems like a nice young lady, public persona-wise. ☺️

• Like 4