Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks to me like the diabetes adjustment has gone just fine. Allow me to say I told you so.😉

You certainly may say that you told me so!  You and so many of our Dani friends had so many positive words of encouragement for me, that I would pass on to Jim and our daughter, and it has all come to fruition!

I have been meaning to post an update on Ryan for some time now.  Last year when Ryan was diagnosed and was in the ICU for 3 days, he was a frightened little kid who only weighed around 78 pounds, and was around 5ft. 4 inches, and was just about to start 8th Grade.  Today, Ryan weighs 125 pounds and has grown to be 5 ft. 7 iinches.  It was amazing how quickly he began to put weight on, once he was put on insulin.

At Ryan's school where he began his 8th Grade, he and my daughter were very fortunate that he had a wonderful and informative nurse at his school, who not only did an outstanding job, but she also gave my daughter her personal phone number if she had any questions, since this was so new (and frightening) for her.  The school Principal also had a daughter with T1 Diabetes, and was also very kind and helpful.  

Ryan has flourished in this past year!  His best friend was on the school Wrestling team;  Ryan wanted to join, and did so, and is doing quite well, if I do say so myself!   He goes to the gym with his friend and has been lifting weights for months now.  He's got some muscles now (and likes to show them off to us..lol)  He is in his second year with the High School Marching Band, and this year he's playing the Saxophone, as opposed to playing the Clarinet last year.  Okay, enough of my bragging!

I just so love all of you for all of the support and love that you all provide, that we all provide for each other, and I can't thank you enough!  💕

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Reaching out to my fellow CC friends for some feedback:

We’re thinking of switching our April b2b Voyager with an 11 night November Jewel cruise out of Galveston.

Ports of call on Jewel:  Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, Grand Cayman.

Ports of call on Voyager:  Usual W. Caribbean itinerary

6 sea days which is a lot but we love them..

11 nights will make us Diamond!

I always wanted to try a Radiance class ship.  Jack isn’t too keen since he likes the Promenade especially the café.

@Jimbo you were on Jewel recently.  How is her condition?  Any negatives?  We’ll be having dinner in the MDR.  Where can we go for a late night snack?

Thoughts anyone?

Bonnie, first of all, the more days on a ship the better, in my opinion!  11 days would be wonderful!   Not to mention you will be Diamond for your next cruise!!! You can't go wrong with the Ports of call on the Jewel., either!    I love sea days.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Radiance class isn’t our favorite either but sometimes you take what is closest and easiest. Left house at 10:15. Got checked in at port and sat in chairs for a bit. On ship before 11. Jewel is also in port on a port of call. She is right behind us. 

IMG_5646.thumb.jpeg.be3388fea5e3f9d027ea98b9dfaf0a93.jpeg

Bon Voyage!  I saw your Crown lounge napkins before I saw this post.  Have a wonderful cruise!🚢🚢🚢

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is May 11th, so it would depart Mother’s Day weekend.  It goes to Martha’s Vineyard, then sails to Bermuda for three full days there.

I was getting all excited, until I saw the date.  Jim and I will just be getting back from Florida as snowbirds.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, George C said:

Went to movies yesterday saw an excellent movie “Killers of the flower moon “, also read the book, definitely will get some academy award nominations, great cast, true story.

Thanks for the recommendation. Read his book - The Lost City of Z - which was an excellent read.  Planned to read this one but never got around to it.  Will watch the movie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Are you on a cruise right now, mema??

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bon Voyage!  I saw your Crown lounge napkins before I saw this post.  Have a wonderful cruise!🚢🚢🚢

Thanks!  We are on Serenade out of Boston. That picture is actually the new sign outside the newly renamed Crown Lounge. Actually meant to post it on another thread. Oops. 😇

• Like 6

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for everyone's input.

We were on Adventure in Feb. and Oasis in March.  If not for Bella 02 on Wonder, we would stick with Freedom or Voyager class ships.

We're considering Jewel based on its itinerary.  We'll miss the ice show, Cafe PR.  

I'm anxious (not so much Jack) to experience a totally different ship than Voyager/Freedom class.

Goodness, I'm now veering toward keeping Voyager!  Jack is trying to put the guilt on me.  "Choose whichever you want", he says, which really means "don't consider what *I* really want".

We love Radiance class.   Serenade will always be my favorite.   Her Sister Jewel has always been nice for us too.

We love all the large windows just about everywhere you go.   

Schooner bar is the best location, IMO.

Giovannis and Chops have great views too.

I think we get better service and usually better food on this size ship than any of the larger ones.

Radiance class ships feel more like a classic cruise ship.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be nice!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

You certainly may say that you told me so!  You and so many of our Dani friends had so many positive words of encouragement for me, that I would pass on to Jim and our daughter, and it has all come to fruition!

I have been meaning to post an update on Ryan for some time now.  Last year when Ryan was diagnosed and was in the ICU for 3 days, he was a frightened little kid who only weighed around 78 pounds, and was around 5ft. 4 inches, and was just about to start 8th Grade.  Today, Ryan weighs 125 pounds and has grown to be 5 ft. 7 iinches.  It was amazing how quickly he began to put weight on, once he was put on insulin.

At Ryan's school where he began his 8th Grade, he and my daughter were very fortunate that he had a wonderful and informative nurse at his school, who not only did an outstanding job, but she also gave my daughter her personal phone number if she had any questions, since this was so new (and frightening) for her.  The school Principal also had a daughter with T1 Diabetes, and was also very kind and helpful.  

Ryan has flourished in this past year!  His best friend was on the school Wrestling team;  Ryan wanted to join, and did so, and is doing quite well, if I do say so myself!   He goes to the gym with his friend and has been lifting weights for months now.  He's got some muscles now (and likes to show them off to us..lol)  He is in his second year with the High School Marching Band, and this year he's playing the Saxophone, as opposed to playing the Clarinet last year.  Okay, enough of my bragging!

I just so love all of you for all of the support and love that you all provide, that we all provide for each other, and I can't thank you enough!  💕

I'm really happy to read all that you wrote. I had been meaning to ask for some time how he was doing. The picture prompted me to bring it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is May 11th, so it would depart Mother’s Day weekend.  It goes to Martha’s Vineyard, then sails to Bermuda for three full days there.

Interesting itinerary but early May in Bermuda is pretty cool and as far as beaches, the water is still very cold at that time of the year if you plan on swimming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting itinerary but early May in Bermuda is pretty cool and as far as beaches, the water is still very cold at that time of the year if you plan on swimming.

It is for sure. First cruise to Bermuda for us out of Bayonne was early may. One nice weather day. 

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We were there end of April-first week in May. I thought the weather was perfect. It was warm but not too hot. Water temp didn't matter to us. We were more interested in sightseeing.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is Celebrity Eclipse.

Last time we were in Bermuda was early April one year.   Weather was nice, but water was cool.  

The last time we cruised to Bermuda was in mid May of 2019 on Celebrity Summit out of Cape Liberty.  In my opinion, May is the perfect time to cruise there! 😎

The weather was perfect ~ warm and sunny every day not too cool and not humid. We had flown down in July one year and the weather was unbearably HOT and HUMID. 

Celebrity Eclipse is a great ship class, too! We sailed her sister ship Solstice from Vancouver to Hawaii in 2017 and her sister ship Equinox from Miami to the ABCs in 2018. A great time was had by all!!!  I say, "GO for IT!!" 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We should all go to Bermuda!!!!!!!

You could start a new cruise group called Dani's Northeast Cruisers. 🤩

There are quite a few of us in Dani's Family who wouldn't have to fly to the terminal, if the cruise sailed out of NY/NJ area or Boston. I'm liking that idea!

Edited by CrzLvr2
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

You could start a new cruise group called The Northeast Cruisers. 🤩

There are quite a few of us in Dani's Family who wouldn't have to fly to the terminal, if the cruise sailed out of NY/NJ area or Boston. I'm liking that idea!

i think your on to something here!  🤔 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

While this is not my favorite class , it does have my favorite grand suite, 1600 corner aft , I wish all rccl ships had a corner aft grand suite .

• Like 1