Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Beautiful pictures, OB!  It's pretty warm here today, 82 right now.  Going to be in the 50's tomorrow.

Does anyone surf at your beach?  Our granddaughter brought her surfboard to URI with her. 

Oh yeah, plenty of surfers. How is she liking URI?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That is great news, John!  Have you ever stayed in an accessible room before?  They are huge!  At least, the one that I saw on a Cabin Crawl with a group from our Meet and Greet was.

We were in our 1st accessible room on the Voyager a few weeks ago.  It was nice! Our cruise friends were in a Jr Suite and size wise there was not much difference in the 2.

Our TA a while back was able to switch our future cruises to accessible rooms except for the Icon cruise. Now Icon is accessible. So nice, so thankful!

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I visited the Presidential Library around 4-5 years ago.  I don't recall his autograph collection.  He had his paintings on display which were really nice.  No matter what one's politics are, it really is an eye opener to visit a Presidential Library.  So many facts to learn.

Me, taking an important call in the Oval Office:

image.png.f2fc200e96edc5245068efba85f6d59e.png

I wouldn’t mind going back and seeing it again , not sure how many years ago we went I had a niece who really loved him and wanted to see it , I do like his sense of humor.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sometimes I like them just lit up without decorations.   

It's way too early to even think about Christmas decorations in our house. 

I wait until Thanksgiving is over.   We usually get fresh cut tree a week or two before Christmas.

One year when I was a child, dad brought the cut tree in from back porch and set it in the stand with water. Later, a bird flew out. My brothers grabbed their bb guns. Mom's living room mirror carried the evidence.😅

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice job!

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I can see where your grandchildren get their artistic talent from.  Great job!

I got lazy this year.  Cookie cutters, a block of wood, and a hammer. 

I would have used a lighthouse cookie cutter, but then I could not post it here. 🤣

• Haha 21

I would highly recommend doing the mail run ferry with Casco Bay Ferries if you’re looking for something different to do in Portland. We had perfect weather and flat calm seas going out and a little choppy coming back. We went to six harbor islands, some on the way out and way back too. We were at most stops for less than five minutes. One was longer due to the number of people getting off. It is $17pp round trip. Tickets only collected on way out and includes a return whenever you are headed back. Most of the islands were just private residences, though one had a hotel and golf course. Dogs welcome and many people were bringing supplies to their homes in various carts and wagons. One person was even bringing a Tiffany style hanging lamp shade that he was carrying. 

If there are more than ten people, the captain narrates. Heard lots of history of the islands. 

IMG_6061.thumb.jpeg.79642b485ed484c0c4a2b4e2342f51ff.jpeg

IMG_6064.thumb.jpeg.a1f7db293587f77e537d3d687ec7b875.jpeg

IMG_6071.thumb.jpeg.93200799503015248363a890c4ae2c84.jpeg

IMG_6101.thumb.jpeg.e5ad6a459706ea96218099ee7eb43472.jpeg

IMG_6109.thumb.jpeg.8a7ae7a79317228783e6373886d7fca6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, George C said:

I wouldn’t mind going back and seeing it again , not sure how many years ago we went I had a niece who really loved him and wanted to see it , I do like his sense of humor.

My friend was a "friend" of the library and one perk was bringing a guest (me!) with no admission charge. 

I never got to Papa Bush's library.  Too far.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I got lazy this year.  Cookie cutters, a block of wood, and a hammer. 

I would have used a lighthouse cookie cutter, but then I could not post it here. 🤣

I wouldn’t want those objects near my lighthouse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jimbo, we don't have a flow-rider but I have some tractors you could drive.  

Do you want to head up and help set up our tress and take them down too?

You fly me up to your place I would gladly put up your trees, wait until it snows too and I can use one of those tractors to clear some snow for you.😁

Tackle Winter Head-On with John Deere: Tips for Snow Removal

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would highly recommend doing the mail run ferry with Casco Bay Ferries if you’re looking for something different to do in Portland. We had perfect weather and flat calm seas going out and a little choppy coming back. We went to six harbor islands, some on the way out and way back too. We were at most stops for less than five minutes. One was longer due to the number of people getting off. It is $17pp round trip. Tickets only collected on way out and includes a return whenever you are headed back. Most of the islands were just private residences, though one had a hotel and golf course. Dogs welcome and many people were bringing supplies to their homes in various carts and wagons. One person was even bringing a Tiffany style hanging lamp shade that he was carrying. 

If there are more than ten people, the captain narrates. Heard lots of history of the islands. 

IMG_6061.thumb.jpeg.79642b485ed484c0c4a2b4e2342f51ff.jpeg

IMG_6064.thumb.jpeg.a1f7db293587f77e537d3d687ec7b875.jpeg

IMG_6071.thumb.jpeg.93200799503015248363a890c4ae2c84.jpeg

IMG_6101.thumb.jpeg.e5ad6a459706ea96218099ee7eb43472.jpeg

IMG_6109.thumb.jpeg.8a7ae7a79317228783e6373886d7fca6.jpeg

What a great idea to go on the mail boat.  Thank you for this suggestion!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade has decided to come out an explore the deck. The world outside of the house is very new to her.

20231028_142847.thumb.jpg.a7ddc5e4156236f38f40385ae13d412b.jpg

20231028_143108.thumb.jpg.ca5803811877922d731e04c39ae41cf1.jpg

20231028_143836.thumb.jpg.778f3957d6e83c2b725f73b28762f56b.jpg

20231028_143913.thumb.jpg.877c94e6a8b0217d138bda45c232657b.jpg

Jade looks just a little bit nervous in the 3rd picture.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I visited the Presidential Library around 4-5 years ago.  I don't recall his autograph collection.  He had his paintings on display which were really nice.  No matter what one's politics are, it really is an eye opener to visit a Presidential Library.  So many facts to learn.

Me, taking an important call in the Oval Office:

image.png.f2fc200e96edc5245068efba85f6d59e.png

My better half at the Nixon library. Is that a smile or a smirk ? We’ve also visited the Reagan , JFK , Lyndon Johnson libraries and Hyde Park . I agree with your comment. 

IMG_1610.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, George C said:

I didn’t see that , I know he was scheduled to do it and I know he is a big baseball fan there is a section in his presidential museum on the autographs he collected as a kid. 

Is he still part owner of the Tex Rangers? He was at one point. 

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We picked up enough of the full size candy so we would have 500 pieces to distribute at our house and our daughter’s house.   This wasn’t all of it, because Sam’s Club didn’t have Swedish Fish..

IMG_6406.thumb.jpeg.187654525d9d459ff896bb9707ce5b3c.jpeg

We never have any leftover candy, because we tell some of the kids to come back at the end of trick or treat hours, and they get what is left.

Holy Moly!  I guess I should be grateful that we only get a few tick-or-treaters, but actually, I wish we had more.  I love giving out candy to the kids.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, derorim said:

Holy Moly!  I guess I should be grateful that we only get a few tick-or-treaters, but actually, I wish we had more.  I love giving out candy to the kids.

I bought candy that my daughters, grandsons, and I enjoy, just in case there are any left-over😉.  I have to go for bloodwork for my 6 month doctor's appointment, so I told Jim I'm going to get my bloodwork done on Monday, the day before Halloween.  My PA wasn't happy after my results 6 months ago....I had my tests done right after Mother's Day, and I had gotten several boxes of chocolate...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2