Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes! We added singing the song of her people while watching her food dish this morning. She's back!!

That is great.  It is scary when you know something is off with them and it always happens when the regular vet is closed.  Give her an extra hug for me.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Not a very nice sunrise this morning, but seas are calm.   Sea day today. 

IMG_0549.thumb.jpeg.a1cc2ad68488c3643cadbe5c643072cc.jpeg

They really should add a slide or something to get down to boardwalk quicker. 🤣🤣

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.784a848e2c5d485338d078c12b077e0a.jpeg

But the slide would mess up that view.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Not a very nice sunrise this morning, but seas are calm.   Sea day today. 

IMG_0549.thumb.jpeg.a1cc2ad68488c3643cadbe5c643072cc.jpeg

They really should add a slide or something to get down to boardwalk quicker. 🤣🤣

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.784a848e2c5d485338d078c12b077e0a.jpeg

No no no!  It's so much prettier without that silly slide at the back!  (Of course, I know you're just kidding!😉). Enjoy your Sea day!

• Haha 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

No no no!  It's so much prettier without that silly slide at the back!  (Of course, I know you're just kidding!😉). Enjoy your Sea day!

Thank you, no more slides please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

How crowded was the island with 2? I'll be there in Feb on Anthem and Liberty is there the same day we are.

Any time I've been there, there has always been two ships.  I never found it to be too crowded.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But the slide would mess up that view.

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thank you, no more slides please.

Yeah, wouldn't want anything to get in the way of the view of the aqua theater with the lovely netting in the background & gigantic logo hovering above.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, wouldn't want anything to get in the way of the view of the aqua theater with the lovely netting in the background & gigantic logo hovering above.😉

Aft Boardwalk balconies still have good views of the wake. That is what I wouldn't want to lose the chance to view.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Aft Boardwalk balconies still have good views of the wake. That is what I wouldn't want to lose the chance to view.

Good point. Makes sense & I respect your opinion. It's a great way to get a sliver of water view on a budget.

But to me, a boardwalk is a fun, festive place complete with games,  rides, greasy food .......and slides.  That's Boardwalk view, imo.  Plenty of OVB that offer full water views. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Good point. Makes sense & I respect your opinion. It's a great way to get a sliver of water view on a budget.

But to me, a boardwalk is a fun, festive place complete with games,  rides, greasy food .......and slides.  That's Boardwalk view, imo.  Plenty of OVB that offer full water views. 

It's 2 completely different kinds of views of the water, much rather view the wake off the back then the side views of the ocean.

Try deck 10 which is the overall best for views of wake, aqua show's, Tv screens, happenings on the boardwalk etc.

Side balconies get none of that. But everyone is different. So pick any balcony cabin you like best.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Any time I've been there, there has always been two ships.  I never found it to be too crowded.  

OF course, get as many people there as possible. That is RCG's  gold mine. You see the prices that they are charging for goodies there. To extract as much money as possible from you wallet.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

OF course, get as many people there as possible. That is RCG's  gold mine. You see the prices that they are charging for goodies there. To extract as much money as possible from you wallet.

Probably just a matter of time until they make the  dock longer so they can have 4 ships there at a time.

• Like 2

Still snowing but should be winding down in the next few hours and be over by 12 or 1 pm.  Its been consistently snowing since 5:00 pm yesterday.  According to my weather app, we received 9 inches but it looks less. I'll measure the old fashioned way with a wooden ruler when I go out to clear the driveway & sidewalk later today.

A couple of my neighbors have been out since 8 am, in their usual race to see who can be first to clear their driveway.  Seems silly to me as they will be our again later today. Good thing I'm not competitive,  I'll pour myself another cup of coffee, make some waffles & wait for the snow to end completely. 🙂

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Still snowing but should be winding down in the next few hours and be over by 12 or 1 pm.  Its been consistently snowing since 5:00 pm yesterday.  According to my weather app, we received 9 inches but it looks less. I'll measure the old fashioned way with a wooden ruler when I go out to clear the driveway & sidewalk later today.

A couple of my neighbors have been out since 8 am, in their usual race to see who can be first to clear their driveway.  Seems silly to me as they will be our again later today. Good thing I'm not competitive,  I'll pour myself another cup of coffee, make some waffles & wait for the snow to end completely. 🙂

We just have a lot of slush and rain right now. The problem is when the temp drops later the slush will freeze. My parents, who live about 4-5 miles from the coast, have more snow than I do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'll measure the old fashioned way with a wooden ruler when I go out to clear the driveway & sidewalk later today.

Would you mind also shoveling all of Manhattan?  I'd like to have no snow when we get there on Wednesday please.  Thanks. 😜

The long term forecast looks good for us right now...Thursday and Friday should be in the mid 40s and sunny.  I'll take it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It's 2 completely different kinds of views of the water, much rather view the wake off the back then the side views of the ocean.

Try deck 10 which is the overall best for views of wake, aqua show's, Tv screens, happenings on the boardwalk etc.

Side balconies get none of that. But everyone is different. So pick any balcony cabin you like best.

We tried a boardwalk in 2023.  DH says not again.  We used our boardwalk balcony maybe twice briefly. It was noisy and zero privacy.  When we want to introvert, we want the quieter ocean view. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I thought you were going to say you will wait till the snow melts 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

How crowded was the island with 2? I'll be there in Feb on Anthem and Liberty is there the same day we are.

It wasn’t crowded at all at the Beach Club.  Although it said it was sold out, there were lots of open loungers, and only 3 or 4 of the OW Cabanas were in use.  I guess they would rather see them empty than to charge a reasonable price for them. 

When we left that area, it did seem more crowded, but not too bad. 

• Like 2

When we were at Coco Cay yesterday, there were tons of jellyfish in the water by the OW Cabanas.  One little girl was catching them, and moving them away from their cabana. 

IMG_0522.thumb.jpeg.0aa1649d5c6abd0523bede9e92b8cf29.jpeg

IMG_2653.thumb.jpeg.15847d950d2beca79d6c2130a4942cb0.jpeg

IMG_2657.thumb.jpeg.b239fbe9d76546871718ef9fefb62c97.jpeg

I am sure there are probably several environmental regulations she was violating, in doing this relocation. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No snow here at all ,just rain and wind.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Would you mind also shoveling all of Manhattan?  I'd like to have no snow when we get there on Wednesday please.  Thanks. 😜

The long term forecast looks good for us right now...Thursday and Friday should be in the mid 40s and sunny.  I'll take it!

Thursday is projected to be a beautiful sunny day .

• Like 2