Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Our coldest day will be Tuesday.  41 daytime, 18 at night.  We have the pipes already prepared.

Starting tomorrow we will have a high in the 20’s with possible snow , a few years ago we had a string of freezing days and electricity was lost for many , one of my friends had a hundred thousand dollars in damage since his pipes froze . We were fine . My sister is flying home to Denver from Florida today and Denver has a high of 1 today. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Starting tomorrow we will have a high in the 20’s with possible snow , a few years ago we had a string of freezing days and electricity was lost for many , one of my friends had a hundred thousand dollars in damage since his pipes froze . We were fine . My sister is flying home to Denver from Florida today and Denver has a high of 1 today. 

DH is running errands today.  But tonight we start the freeze.  Brrr.  I don’t plan on going out until it gets above freezing on Wednesday or Thursday.  His work travel was canceled this week due to weather where he was going.  The south doesn’t have snow removal.  Dallas has been putting down some de-icing stuff on major roads.

Our pipes froze in that storm but didn’t burst. We lost shrubs and our palm trees. We were really lucky. We had power but no water. Hopefully that doesn’t happen again. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is normal for Fla but not 60 degrees in my part of NY.

Actually yesterday set a record high. WE had a SSW wind bringing warmer air from the south.

58 minutes ago, George C said:

I remember that freeze.  I was worried about my friends who lived across the street from us before we moved.  Their generator saved their pipes and kept the well pumping.  They were so happy to have that generator.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, George C said:

In Pa, we turned the water on to a slight dribble to prevent water from freezing in the pipes.  In a home I had in Ct, it lost power for about 5 days, I don't remember how cold, but I left the water dribble in the kitchen and bathroom and everything was fine, along with draining the baseboard  het pipes.

Only problem was the  washing machine had a single handle shutoff. Forgot about that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Due to weather ?

sure, I'm sure it's colder  at 8pm at night in K.C. then it would have been at 1pm in the afternoon.

Doesn't matter what time they play in an indoor stadium at Houston does it?

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I remember that freeze.  I was worried about my friends who lived across the street from us before we moved.  Their generator saved their pipes and kept the well pumping.  They were so happy to have that generator.

We live close to hospital so we never have lost power , others did . 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

sure, I'm sure it's colder  at 8pm at night in K.C. then it would have been at 1pm in the afternoon.

Doesn't matter what time they play in an indoor stadium at Houston does it?

I very rarely watch a pro football game and I am not familiar with the stadiums.I only went to one game in person and that was in 1951 to see the Giants.

It’s -34 C here (-23 Fahrenheit). Chris was just outside; he says it’s perfectly nice if you’re out of the wind. Mind you, he was wearing a down parka, a fur hat and a scarf. It’s a bit colder in Edmonton. However, in a week it’s going to be around the freezing point.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder why Regent Seven Seas chose a couple that resembles Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell for their marketing?

IMG_6600.thumb.jpeg.58de2239c96ad5642d4d26041c0b2218.jpeg

What kind of cruise are you going on!!!!

😜

• Haha 5

People have questioned why I live in California because of my and its politics being incompatible.  🙂 

Screenshot2024-01-13at1_04_42PM.thumb.png.436c52b274fa148c2f3a8aee6454baea.png

This is why I live here 😉 

I'm not even going to put a coat when I go outside.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Monday the kitchen work will begin.  Should be finished in a month.    Goodbye half the wall.Resized_20240113_112807.thumb.jpeg.460c2c956799c0de3ec940390b2582cb.jpeg

Resized_20240113_112749.thumb.jpeg.0bffa3ddd855d1c41bb5b5dbbf54f215.jpeg

Fun times ahead!

Edited by derorim
  • Like 2

So the next cruise is Adventure.  Our first stop is Labadee.  We have been there once before but this experience will be different so I'm looking for a little advice.  On our previous trip to Labadee we were on a fairly full Oasis ship but we had a Cabana. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.   It was a Landmark anniversary cruise I pulled out the stops all week long.  This time on Adventure I have nothing booked yet.  This is going to be a full ship it looks like but it is Adventure instead of Oasis.  How full is Labadee going to feel and how is it going to be getting a lounger with some shade somewhere when I'm not one of the early ones off the ship.  I like to have a leisurely breakfast in the morning so I'd probably not be getting off the ship until 10am.  

Should I break down and get the beach bed at $380?  The Cabana's are off the table, they are just over $1000 a day.  They have these beach loungers for two for sale.  Should I get one of these or am I just wasting money and will easily find something similar without spending any extra money.

Screenshot2024-01-13at1_15_50PM.thumb.png.0f9db97abce71da27bf89045df9a458c.png

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

People have questioned why I live in California because of my and its politics being incompatible.  🙂 

Screenshot2024-01-13at1_04_42PM.thumb.png.436c52b274fa148c2f3a8aee6454baea.png

This is why I live here 😉 

I'm not even going to put a coat when I go outside.

There is always Florida.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I have fridge envy 

I love this fridge.  Although it is a Samsung and has the ice maker problem.  I really like the middle drawer and use it a lot for lunch meats and cheeses.

• Like 4