Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I might be the only one, but SW opens nov 3 and beyond I think tonight. It says march 21. I need to fly back to florida from hobby, I'm assuming I get moved. I finally booked to fly there, but havent booked to get home, missed it by 1 day. I need nov 3 and it's open until nov 2 right now. 

I didnt book until lately so dont know if fares open really low or those low fares they open are for shorter legs. Havent seen anything below $173 one way and I waited and that's now gone except very early or late at night. Not sure if when they open new dates I'll see lower rates than the flight there. I couldnt find another air line from florida orlando other than sw to hobby. I plan to check at midnight and see if flight home open. 

22 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Here is an inside and a sky suite to give you a feel for the decor and amenities 

one from Ascent and the other from Beyond 

For these two sisters they are almost twins 

Ascent is a beautiful ship, y’all are going to be spoilt.

We tried an Inside deluxe and it was pretty good (Huge showers)

The Penthouse added, so those on 3.75 🐾 can see what it is like 😉

Decks 9,10,11 & 12 are all locations we have stayed on and all good 👍🏻 

For us we prefer 11 & 12

Thanks for posting the videos.  Since we have to do the "Cheap Seats" for this cruise, I debated on doing an interior cabin.  (We typically do a balcony).  We did end up with an Ocean View for this one on Deck 3.  Deck 3 is the only deck with Ocean View cabins.  I'm pretty sure the Ocean View is basically the same as the interior, just with a porthole.

Dumb question alert!  Our fare includes the Classic Beverage Package which shows basic alcohol choices. Does it include Frozen drinks as well?  Since this will be our first Celebrity cruise, hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks!  😄

• Like 3

That 2026 Celebrity cruise has a nice itinerary and we love JVD.  However it includes Easter Sunday, unfortunately, and we prefer to be home then. 

Happy planning! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoy your cruise.

I like the Bahamas! Have been there millions of times and it is OK even if we just take a walk around the port sometimes.

I very much like Nassau.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A Netflix Documentary series started today.It is about crime in Manhattan investigated by Manhattan North and South.The TV show Law and Order bases their shows on the investigations from these two divisions.

One of my friends is a retired Sgt.from Manhattan South and recommended the series to me which I will watch tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Thanks for posting the videos.  Since we have to do the "Cheap Seats" for this cruise, I debated on doing an interior cabin.  (We typically do a balcony).  We did end up with an Ocean View for this one on Deck 3.  Deck 3 is the only deck with Ocean View cabins.  I'm pretty sure the Ocean View is basically the same as the interior, just with a porthole.

Dumb question alert!  Our fare includes the Classic Beverage Package which shows basic alcohol choices. Does it include Frozen drinks as well?  Since this will be our first Celebrity cruise, hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks!  😄

Yes, frozen included, anything within that price (which I think is $10 or $12 for classic). Anything above, you pay the difference.

Deck 3 ocean views have square windows. Deck 3 is very "convenient". But make sure you do not have the cabins where the magic carpet slides down.
There are also oceanview cabins on higher decks at the very front of the ship.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Deb, I believe you were on Edge class not long ago.  Do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations for selecting a deck and cabin location on Ascent?

Yes we were on Edge last September.  Not specific to that class but our preference on any ship is usually between decks 8-10 and we like to be anywhere from mid-ship towards the aft, not too far from the stairs.  The only thing I would avoid in an Edge class is being near where the Magic Carpet goes up and down.  I have no factual basis, just seems like it could be noisy and might at times be an obstruction? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations for selecting a deck and cabin location on Ascent?

@derorim

Joy, pls. see my reply below 😎

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hmm x 4.

Would love some more info on this please. No drinks no wifi required. Just cruise. I am also looking at the Nov 2025 one. Also have a future cruise certificate. And will be on the Beyond in May.

@Arzeena  Did you check with our usual Ken? There is an option of "cruise only" on Celebrity.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So I decided to check out the "Bella 3.75" cruise on the Celebrity web site. 

The Bella 3.75 trip looks appealing to meet and cruise with some of you on a good itinerary, at reasonable group pricing (that's not available for suites).

@bobmacliberty

Bob, pls. see my reply below 😎

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

LONG walk to the aft balconies, but did not mind that (same for aft section port hole balconies). View of course cannot be beat.

We really do mind the long walk, that's why we prefer to be near the elevators/stairs.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@bobmacliberty The IV (infinite veranda) cabins are very subjective.  I love a real balcony as well but the main comparison to me is not just the IV issue but the Class of ship.  

Lastly sometimes the itinerary and traveling with friends is the more important factor.

And who could pass up being immortalized in video by Sea Dog?!

We've been twice on Edge class. Both cabins were IV Concierge category(C1) - on Beyond #12210 (which will be the same on Ascent @derorim) and on Edge (#12196).

I highly recommend this cabin for the proximity to the "Ocean View" (Celebrity's equivalent of WJ) and to the pool deck, while being very quiet (it is located under the ladies' 00 and doesn't get much traffic, for sure after the buffet is closed).

We were surprised to like the IV for the additional space provided, and being able to see the views from the room, since there is glass from the bottom. Even more, enjoyed reading in bed and seeing the sea go by.

Worth giving it a try, and more importantly, to be with friends who share the cruising passion.

Our usual Ken has some amazing group rates with a refundable deposit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Today is International Day of Happiness. 

IMG_6894.thumb.jpeg.236535e6c9b0121e366f24179a18b7a7.jpeg

That was also the look on my face when I saw a price drop for our Utopia cruise this summer.  Called and saved almost $1,800.  So, yes, that was my happiness for the day.

Told Susan that is almost enough for another cruise for the two of us.  

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, frozen included, anything within that price (which I think is $10 or $12 for classic). Anything above, you pay the difference.

Deck 3 ocean views have square windows. Deck 3 is very "convenient". But make sure you do not have the cabins where the magic carpet slides down.
There are also oceanview cabins on higher decks at the very front of the ship.

I checked and we are more aft of where the Magic Carpet goes.  I did see the higher OV cabins, but don't really like being in the front part of the ship.  Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So I decided to check out the "Bella 3.75" cruise on the Celebrity web site.  I'd heard about the infinite veranda cabins (some good, some bad) but figured that I'd opt for a regular balcony.  Other than a few aft balconies and a few porthole balconies, it looks like that doesn't exist.  I like being on the balcony for morning coffee, for an afternoon cocktail while Micheline is getting ready for dinner, watching sunrise/sunset, looking at the stars, etc.  In short, I spend a fair amount of time out there.  The biggest knock on the infinite veranda cabin seems to be that the AC shuts off when the veranda window is lowered.  In humid areas like the Caribbean, the room quickly gets warm and humid.  I think I'd end up using it as a floor to ceiling window rather than as an open balcony for that reason.  Not ideal.

I know that this has been discussed ad infinitum on the Celebrity board but I'm looking for some quick input from those here who have experienced an infinite veranda cabin.  I guess the Retreat is an option but for Retreat pricing, we'd probably do a land trip somewhere or try one of the luxury lines.  The Bella 3.75 trip looks appealing to meet and cruise with some of you on a good itinerary, at reasonable group pricing (that's not available for suites).  Am I being overly concerned with the infinite veranda?

It’s very subjective, but we enjoyed the infinite veranda.  The room felt much more spacious and airy than a typical balcony cabin.  We were in the Med and it was pretty warm but I don’t remember either of us having an issue with the AC being off for a bit while the window was down.  A few pictures below, this was on Edge.

IMG_9987.thumb.jpeg.40e2410cc591d38cb5430b9670abbb80.jpeg

IMG_9986.thumb.jpeg.3ead99c599a7213236a5d8c4989c7efa.jpeg

IMG_9988.thumb.jpeg.f69d8189a4a827d2a0f056c7ee6f2b25.jpeg

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.ee90e3c5fd15c4fbd53b40c066e20d2c.jpeg

IMG_9991.thumb.jpeg.30ae83687c38cbce67b332b3c1ae7cc2.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are booking a Sunset Veranda which is on the Aft. Not interested in an infinite veranda even though we have never stayed in one. I don’t like the fact that when the window is open it turns the air conditioning off in the cabin. We like keeping them separate so one person can enjoy being out on the balcony while another be inside where it is cooler.

We walked in a IV stateroom on the Apex. After seeing it for ourselves our impression was it's a nice stateroom but shouldn't be called a veranda. Sliding window. IV should stand for Infinite View. We were glad we were in a DPV (Delux Porthole Veranda) ((balcony)) stateroom. SVs are also nice. The only problem we see with Celebrity's E class ships is the limited number of traditional type balconies. But booking early takes care of that. 😉

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today is International Day of Happiness. 

IMG_6894.thumb.jpeg.236535e6c9b0121e366f24179a18b7a7.jpeg

That was also the look on my face when I saw a price drop for our Utopia cruise this summer.  Called and saved almost $1,800.  So, yes, that was my happiness for the day.

Told Susan that is almost enough for another cruise for the two of u.  

That is even more than what I got on Odyssey.  And it was nonrefundable OBC. I wonder if the bubble on outrageous prices is bursting.

• Like 5

Let me add my question here about the Edge class IV cabins.  Many say one of the pros is the king size bed, my question is can they still be split into 2 "twins"?  We do this sometimes to help with the snoring, especially when alcoholic drinks are involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@derorim

Joy, pls. see my reply below 😎

@Arzeena  Did you check with our usual Ken? There is an option of "cruise only" on Celebrity.

@bobmacliberty

Bob, pls. see my reply below 😎

We really do mind the long walk, that's why we prefer to be near the elevators/stairs.

We've been twice on Edge class. Both cabins were IV Concierge category(C1) - on Beyond #12210 (which will be the same on Ascent @derorim) and on Edge (#12196).

I highly recommend this cabin for the proximity to the "Ocean View" (Celebrity's equivalent of WJ) and to the pool deck, while being very quiet (it is located under the ladies' 00 and doesn't get much traffic, for sure after the buffet is closed).

We were surprised to like the IV for the additional space provided, and being able to see the views from the room, since there is glass from the bottom. Even more, enjoyed reading in bed and seeing the sea go by.

Worth giving it a try, and more importantly, to be with friends who share the cruising passion.

Thanks Dani

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, doghog said:

We walked in a IV stateroom on the Apex. After seeing it for ourselves our impression was it's a nice stateroom but shouldn't be called a veranda. Sliding window. IV should stand for Infinite View. We were glad we were in a DPV (Delux Porthole Veranda) ((balcony)) stateroom. SVs are also nice. The only problem we see with Celebrity's E class ships is the limited number of traditional type balconies. But booking early takes care of that. 😉

I imagine some day we will book an IV because most new ship designs seem to be incorporating more of those. Who knows maybe we might eventually like it. For now we prefer an old traditional balcony .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I imagine some day we will book an IV because most new ship designs seem to be incorporating more of those. Who knows maybe we might eventually like it. For now we prefer an old traditional balcony .

Agree. We'd book an IV over a OV if we had to choose. At least you can open the IV window. 

• Like 2

We shall see because we booked an infinite veranda on Edge to Alaska in September.  It will be our first sailing on Celebrity .  I was looking at our booking with the 75% discount from a super inflated price .  They must think we are clueless as to their marketing ploys.  What is CEL SLCT() in reference to dining ? 

Cabin #6183

Thank you for all the helpful posts.

Edited by NHProud

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Let me add my question here about the Edge class IV cabins.  Many say one of the pros is the king size bed, my question is can they still be split into 2 "twins"?  We do this sometimes to help with the snoring, especially when alcoholic drinks are involved.

Yes, they can be split.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We shall see because we booked an infinite veranda on Edge to Alaska in September.  It will be our first sailing on Celebrity .  I was looking at our booking with the 75% discount from a super inflated price .  They must think we are clueless as to their marketing ploys.  What is CEL SLCT() in reference to dining ? 

Cabin #6183

Thank you for all the helpful posts.

That's the RCG way of doing business.

CEL= Celebrity

SLCT= Select Dining (same as MTD). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s very subjective, but we enjoyed the infinite veranda.  The room felt much more spacious and airy than a typical balcony cabin.  We were in the Med and it was pretty warm but I don’t remember either of us having an issue with the AC being off for a bit while the window was down.  A few pictures below, this was on Edge.

IMG_9987.thumb.jpeg.40e2410cc591d38cb5430b9670abbb80.jpeg

IMG_9986.thumb.jpeg.3ead99c599a7213236a5d8c4989c7efa.jpeg

IMG_9988.thumb.jpeg.f69d8189a4a827d2a0f056c7ee6f2b25.jpeg

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.ee90e3c5fd15c4fbd53b40c066e20d2c.jpeg

IMG_9991.thumb.jpeg.30ae83687c38cbce67b332b3c1ae7cc2.jpeg

If you close those bifold doors, does that let the AC work with the outer window down?  Just curious if you could sit out there with the window down, and those doors closed so it would be somewhat like a traditional balcony.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

That is even more than what I got on Odyssey.  And it was nonrefundable OBC. I wonder if the bubble on outrageous prices is bursting.

Don’t think that bubble is bursting just yet.  That savings is spread across three OV balconies (2-2 person ones and 1-3 person one).  Still gets it into a little more reasonable range for a 3 day sailing.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

If you close those bifold doors, does that let the AC work with the outer window down?  Just curious if you could sit out there with the window down, and those doors closed so it would be somewhat like a traditional balcony.

No, the bi-fold doors being open or closed have no effect on the AC.  Window lowered any at all = no AC.  Trying to sit with the  bi-fold doors closed behind you will be somewhat cramped.  You really need to think of it as an oceanview cabin with a window that opens.  Obviously better sounding spin to call them Infinite Verandas versus Oceanview Window Cabins.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1