Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Very scary. My brother said his whole house shook.  Charlie felt nothing in the kitchen but I was on the couch and it went crazy for a minute…..

@DaniDanielle

Oh, Marietta, never a dull moment for you. Glad everyone is safe.

CNN — 

A preliminary 4.7 magnitude earthquake was felt in the Northeast Monday morning, according the US Geological Survey

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

agree - i follow parlay revival on instagram.  

I used to see his videos on YouTube but they haven’t appeared in my feed lately.  I was not subscribed.  I’ll have to check if he is still posting. Just looked and he is. I’ll have to catch up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I used to see his videos on YouTube but they haven’t appeared in my feed lately.  I was not subscribed.  I’ll have to check if he is still posting. Just looked and he is. I’ll have to catch up. 

I don’t know where you left off. I really enjoyed watching the early videos showing how he rebuilt and repaired Parlay. I think if someone is new to his channel it helps to watch the videos from the beginning so you get context. His latest videos are about him finally crossing the pacific and going home to his native home of New Zealand. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle

Oh, Marietta, never a dull moment for you. Glad everyone is safe.

CNN — 

A preliminary 4.7 magnitude earthquake was felt in the Northeast Monday morning, according the US Geological Survey

We have earthquake insurance on our house in Southern California. They can expect aftershocks in the Northeast. 

Dani , I hope you are feeling better. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just had an earthquake. 

I was home alone.My whole house shook.I called Toby.She did not answer her phone.My daughters called me and said they spoke to her.She was shopping and did not feel anything.

Our town received an alert as a neighboring town sustained damage.

I was in Southern California in 2002 during an earthquake and did not feel anything.

I hope everyone is okay

• Like 6

The earthquake hit in the town next to where we used to live.  Sister in law about 30 minutes north said the whole house shook.  Called my son just a but west in PA, he's working nights this week so was asleep.  Said it woke him up, not an east thing to do.  Crazy, all in the area keep safe and watch for aftershocks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Felt in Pennsylvania, Tom’s River New Jersey and Boston!

We are outside of Boston and didn't feel it at my house but they are saying that areas like Boston that are built on sediment are more likely to feel it.  The Weston observatory shows 6 minutes of movement but it wasn't felt by the people there, just recorded by their equipment.

• Like 2

Yeah, that earthquake was a bit freaky.  I'm about 75 miles from the epicenter as crows fly but the fault line that it occurred on runs through the northern NYC suburbs, probably 12-15 miles away.  Not sure if that amplified it but it lasted a good minute, maybe a bit longer.

I was sitting at my laptop in my home office when I first noticed things around me start to shake a little bit, like the leaves on a plant in front of the window.   First thought  "That was a really strong gust on wind". Just then, the oil burner directly underneath my office kicked in as others items around me started to shake even more, like the coffee in my cup. Then a low rumble that got progressively louder and finally I could feel the floor move sideways and the walls shake. Second thought "My oil burner is going to blow". Which I think is impossible but I still headed for the door when the third thought dawned on me: "Is this an earthquake? Do I go outside, stay inside, lay on the floor, sit in a bathtub, where is Leonard?"  All in about a Milli-second.

No damage to report around the house & Leonard is just fine. Spent the last few hours watching the news. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

I thought it was my washer going crazy until I realized it wasn’t on😳My poor daughter messaged me from her room, walls were shaking bed jumping!  My brother was a nervous wreck, he was home alone.  His whole house shook. So no California for us🥴

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just heard on ABC News that there is a 46 percent chance of aftershocks for the next 7 days.

One of my daughters who teaches in a LI HS just texted and said that the school is on lockdown.

Lockdown for what?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

They can expect aftershocks in the Northeast. 

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just heard on ABC News that there is a 46 percent chance of aftershocks for the next 7 days.

They've recorded a few 2.0 aftershocks in NJ.  Not sure those can even be felt.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I thought it was my washer going crazy until I realized it wasn’t on😳My poor daughter messaged me from her room, walls were shaking bed jumping!  My brother was a nervous wreck, he was home alone.  His whole house shook. So no California for us🥴

We live about 1/4 mile from a bridge.If I had not experienced the shaking of the house I would have thought that it was the sound of two large vehicles on the bridge.

• Like 2