Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

The only days I have not posted since Dani @dani negreanu started this thread is when we were at sea and I didn't have a connection.

Whenever I check into this thread while having my morning coffee, your posts are often one of the first I see. I enjoy the daily update of weather conditions & if there is a picture of the North Sea from the front seat of your car while eating breakfast or lunch, that's just an extra bonus. It's a nice way to start the day so please keep it up.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For many years I've wanted to go back, to fulfill my promise to my mom, to lay a flower on her parents' grave, since she was too old to travel.

My Dad, and Uncles have done the same trip down memory lane to Romania. To see their relatives graves, the house where they lived as children before escaping the war and later heading to Canada.

Their experience was similar to yours.  Reflective and sad, but they were happy that they went. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, what happened?

Not sure if it's been answered yet but for some of us, we could not "click into" Dani's thread. Would get an error message like "Something is Wrong, Contact Us" or "Configuration Error".

Oddly we could get into other threads and I was receiving notifications of people posting here.  Thankfully it was just temporary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.😌

FB_IMG_1715085703595.thumb.jpg.07f934c0bf2a9554adb5c9ff9593ce96.jpg

You seem to always have the perfect meme for when a pet crosses over the rainbow bridge.

@SteelCityCruiser10 Sorry for you lost. A handsome dog he will always be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sue, I think it was the 5th idol to go home in the pocket of a loser....

You'd think after the first 3, numbers 4 and 5 wouldn't be so over confident.  I haven't watched Survivor in at least 10 years & I "unintentionally " watched about 30 minutes of it a few weeks ago. I instantly hated everyone they interviewed - the manipulative one, the lazy one, the wishy-washy one, the over-confident one, and the one that has an axe to grind over some perceived minor slight (LOL, sorry, I can't remember names). 

I can see myself being sucked back into being a regular viewer again. 🙂 Especially after seeing the recaps here

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Extremely sad & difficult day here.  One of our dogs, Oliver, passed away late last night.  I have always included him and Emma in my Live reports.  I posted about him last week mentioning several of his health issues many of which all culminated recently over the last month.  He is breathing freely now in heaven.  Words cannot express how greatly he will be missed.  He’ll always be my “Goodest and Handsomest Boy” as I told him daily.  Here’s a few of my favorite photos of him.

Cheers to Oliver 🍻

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.f414daa3f3715d11a9879384eb6e1c9a.jpeg

IMG_0017.thumb.jpeg.04c7320fe1783263ccf4b4004a76f4d7.jpeg

F6AB1D0D-7A29-4C56-B198-F4022CB41E8C.thumb.jpeg.7fd815dc2ae04bdda46181007d545a6e.jpeg

I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you strength.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever I check into this thread while having my morning coffee, your posts are often one of the first I see. I enjoy the daily update of weather conditions & if there is a picture of the North Sea from the front seat of your car while eating breakfast or lunch, that's just an extra bonus. It's a nice way to start the day so please keep it up.

Thank you for your complimentary words.

I am 5 hours ahead of US Eastern time and it is currently 15.16pm here in North East England.

This morning Pauline went to the hairdresser's and I dropped her off and got a McDonald's sausage and egg mcmuffin and coffee and went to the beach.

The sea fog was quite dense so I couldn't see anything from the car.

After Pauline came out of the hairdresser's we went back to the beach with coffee and hot chocolate and the sea fret lifted so we could see the sea.

IMG_20240516_093400.jpg

IMG_20240516_094615.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Years ago when survivor was just a new show I thought it would be fun to be on.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I also thought it would be fun to be on Survivor.  Then the reality of the fact that I hate to camp, hate to be dirty, hate to be hungry and dislike idiots kept me from ever thinking about applying.  I told my husband we could do Amazing Race if they had a version that had no physical challenges, no dancing or singing challenges and no memorization challenges. We are pretty good at navigation and puzzles.  Lol

I used to say the same thing. I'd like to be one either show & then be one of the first voted off or to lose a leg of the race.

Why? Because you have to wait until filming is complete before you can go home, so free vacation courtesy of the show.

The Ponderosa for Survivor

https://www.businessinsider.com/where-survivor-players-go-when-voted-off-ponderosa-secrets-2021-7

Sequesterville for Amazing Race.

https://amazingrace.fandom.com/wiki/Sequesterville#After_Elimination

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The sea fog was quite dense

Lol, didn’t have my glasses on and when I read this thought you were talking about me.🤣😆😄

• Haha 21

46 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not sure if it's been answered yet but for some of us, we could not "click into" Dani's thread. Would get an error message like "Something is Wrong, Contact Us" or "Configuration Error".

Oddly we could get into other threads and I was receiving notifications of people posting here.  Thankfully it was just temporary.

I had that late yesterday afternoon too for around 2 hours but it happened on all the forums I post on.

I logged out and tried as a visitor and the same message showed.

• Like 2

YIKES!!  I am 104 pages behind. 🙀

I arrived home safe, but not very sound last Friday evening, and I've been in bed pretty much since then.  Have a nasty cold and upper respiratory infection, but I'm finally starting to feel better.

I will go back and catch up on all the pages I missed.  Sorry for not keeping in touch or posting pictures, but I had very minimal wifi access and what I did have was used up re-arranging plans as a result of the rail strike in the UK.

Hope this finds everyone well.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Extremely sad & difficult day here.  One of our dogs, Oliver, passed away late last night.  I have always included him and Emma in my Live reports.  I posted about him last week mentioning several of his health issues many of which all culminated recently over the last month.  He is breathing freely now in heaven.  Words cannot express how greatly he will be missed.  He’ll always be my “Goodest and Handsomest Boy” as I told him daily.  Here’s a few of my favorite photos of him.

Cheers to Oliver 🍻

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.f414daa3f3715d11a9879384eb6e1c9a.jpeg

IMG_0017.thumb.jpeg.04c7320fe1783263ccf4b4004a76f4d7.jpeg

F6AB1D0D-7A29-4C56-B198-F4022CB41E8C.thumb.jpeg.7fd815dc2ae04bdda46181007d545a6e.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear your news about your lovely dog Oliver.

88b20acd4a45b5972a4fc611b078f0d1.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I would never say that about you Greg.

I know you wouldn’t. You are a true gentleman. I just thought it was funny.

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I arrived home safe, but not very sound last Friday evening, and I've been in bed pretty much since then.  Have a nasty cold and upper respiratory infection, but I'm finally starting to feel better.

I will go back and catch up on all the pages I missed.  Sorry for not keeping in touch or posting pictures, but I had very minimal wifi access and what I did have was used up re-arranging plans as a result of the rail strike in the UK.

Great to hear from you. We have missed you. Sorry to hear you were ill but very happy you are on the mend. Get well soon Pat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I hope you recover quickly.

200w.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I used to say the same thing. I'd like to be one either show & then be one of the first voted off or to lose a leg of the race.

Why? Because you have to wait until filming is complete before you can go home, so free vacation courtesy of the show.

The Ponderosa for Survivor

https://www.businessinsider.com/where-survivor-players-go-when-voted-off-ponderosa-secrets-2021-7

Sequesterville for Amazing Race.

https://amazingrace.fandom.com/wiki/Sequesterville#After_Elimination

That is a good plan sign me up. 

• Haha 2

I think it was a couple of years ago, Cruise Critic was doing some IT maintenance or something crashed…anyway…when I tried to log in I got “page unavailable” and since I have Big Brain (what my friends call me; it’s not a compliment… it means I overthink everything) I thought horrifiedly what that could mean.  I didn’t have email addresses of anyone on Dani’s thread…all my friends to talk to and commiserate with…all gone.  Gulp!  Thank goodness it was a temporary annoyance…nothing permanent.  I don’t know what I would do without you guys.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think it was a couple of years ago, Cruise Critic was doing some IT maintenance or something crashed…anyway…when I tried to log in I got “page unavailable” and since I have Big Brain (what my friends call me; it’s not a compliment… it means I overthink everything) I thought horrifiedly what that could mean.  I didn’t have email addresses of anyone on Dani’s thread…all my friends to talk to and commiserate with…all gone.  Gulp!  Thank goodness it was a temporary annoyance…nothing permanent.  I don’t know what I would do without you guys.

I hope your leg break is healing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your news about your lovely dog Oliver.

88b20acd4a45b5972a4fc611b078f0d1.gif

A very heartfelt Thank you 🙏🏻  to all who have posted your well wishes so far.  I’m trying to keep up on here the best I can so I apologize if I missed responding /reacting to anyone’s message.   I am trying to work today to divert my mind but it isn’t working out that great so far.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Not being a Debbie Downer, but maybe overthinking- AKA -Big Brain 2.

We used to watch Survivor when it first aired on TV.

But, I wondered how “real” the situations really were.

Maybe there were trailers or, possibly, a resort nearby and off camera where the contestants could get a break from filming.

Just a thought. Not trying to spoil  anyone’s viewing pleasure. 
Thinking some of these reality shows are not quite totally reality.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Glad to have you back but sad to hear you aren't feeling well.  I give up when that far behind and just read the last few pages.  We all understand how easy it is to fall behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You'd think after the first 3, numbers 4 and 5 wouldn't be so over confident.  I haven't watched Survivor in at least 10 years & I "unintentionally " watched about 30 minutes of it a few weeks ago. I instantly hated everyone they interviewed - the manipulative one, the lazy one, the wishy-washy one, the over-confident one, and the one that has an axe to grind over some perceived minor slight (LOL, sorry, I can't remember names). 

I can see myself being sucked back into being a regular viewer again. 🙂 Especially after seeing the recaps here

Phillies 🙂 and Mets game was on, no time to bother with Survivor. That show just never had to much interest in it. Guess that's pretty much all reality shows.

Rather watch a live sporting event or  stream good movie.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, NHProud said:

Ask your granddaughter if she visited the Jewish cemetery in Warsaw . Our visit there left a lasting impression .

Yes,she did .She went to Aushwitz too.One of my mothers sisters died there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

A very heartfelt Thank you 🙏🏻  to all who have posted your well wishes so far.  I’m trying to keep up on here the best I can so I apologize if I missed responding /reacting to anyone’s message.   I am trying to work today to divert my mind but it isn’t working out that great so far.

Very sorry for the loss of your best boy. He was definitely a most handsome boy.  May he RIP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1