Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Happy Thanksgiving from Coco Cay.

Chilling out on Chill Island today.

Currently on Day 5 of 7 day Anthem cruise. This our 14th or so cruise on the Anthem. We have been seriously considering cancelling our Jan 9 Anthem cruise and going with Celebrity out of Florida. 

Anthem and her crew from top down is not a happy ship. Don't know WHAT happened! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For the few of us "outside the 🦃 range" 😁 -- please post pictures of the "bird" before, in-between and after 😁 ...

Again, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate 🦃 

Dani, I'll try to snap a picture of the bird although I am sure it will already be carved.  My family will think I have gone bonkers sharing food pictures with "total strangers".  They just don't know!

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Currently on Day 5 of 7 day Anthem cruise. This our 14th or so cruise on the Anthem. We have been seriously considering cancelling our Jan 9 Anthem cruise and going with Celebrity out of Florida. 

Anthem and her crew from top down is not a happy ship. Don't know WHAT happened! 

Oh no! So sorry to read this.  Can you elaborate about what's going on with the crew on Anthem?

Hope you are enjoying your day on Cocoa Cay and that you can finish off your cruise on a happy note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone and safe travels to anyone traveling.  

An interesting story:

A few weeks ago I got an email that my Chewy order had been delivered.  No package to be found.  The next morning I called Chewy and they have the best customer service.  They replaced the order.  A few hours later FedEx showed up and delivered the package.  I called Chewy back and offered to pay for the replacement package which could not be stopped.  Flash forward to Friday.  I get an email that my Chewy package had been delivered.  No package.  I waited until Monday noon to call them.  My husband started a claim with FedEx.  We were home all day Friday and my husband was working in his office with a view of our very long driveway so we knew that no one had come  up the drive all day.  Tuesday here comes FedEx with our package.  It was the manager for our area.  On Friday the driver had marked all the packages as delivered, parked the truck and walked away.  When the truck didn't come back Friday evening they tried calling him but he wouldn't answer.  They finally called the police who called him and he answered and told them where he left the truck. I called Chewy to let them know what happened and that the mystery of our packages had been solved.  I was worried that they had been delivered to the wrong house but there are only 7 houses on our mile long road and the 4 closest ones would have called us to tell us they had our package.

I wonder if this is the same guy?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/us/alabama-fedex-packages/index.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

What’s wrong with this picture?  Your sister is wearing sandals but Bucky is wearing closed toe shoes!

@island lady

In the "spirit" 😁 of Bucky -- definitely wrong 😉

58 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Arzeena, So sorry you're not enjoying your cruise to the fullest.😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

What a great way to spend Thanksgiving. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy the chill !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For the few of us "outside the 🦃 range" 😁 -- please post pictures of the "bird" before, in-between and after 😁 ...

Again, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate 🦃 

10 lb. Turkey for just my Wife and I. Was cooked in a Oster Roaster Oven.

Resized_20211125_144856.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owen’s last practice tonight. City finals are tomorrow. The weather here right now. 

08EFB0D9-EBA0-4CDD-9B48-B4F42707DFF7.thumb.jpeg.e25590c70a466af583d233dbbc5d7092.jpeg

the weather now. 

850489C8-3B99-4E13-A472-F5ADF247E498.thumb.jpeg.a27dbe9079ff2e28b07855acd0c9aa6a.jpeg

The weather for tomorrow. 10-15 cms of snow translates to 4-6 inches. Yuck. Top that off with a hockey game tomorrow night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening. 

3BBCE52D-F972-448F-9636-CFCD2DEB757A.thumb.jpeg.56974893832d72ee3dc0935b18ee40da.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Do tell on the anthem.  We are booked on the 2/11 cruise.  We went on the edge in September and loved it.  Everyone was super friendly 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Do tell on the anthem.  We are booked on the 2/11 cruise.  We went on the edge in September and loved it.  Everyone was super friendly 

We did the Edge second cruise in July very happy crew , also sailing on Allure in two days.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

635748055338301830-GettyImages-459666468.jpg.360e5dcbc520a3c1244773d75b1b9a09.jpg

Ten years ago, 2011, my son's high school marching band got invited to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  My son was the Drum Major for the band.  We as a family all went as it was the first time we'd been to New York.  There were a lot of planned tours for the students and their families.  It was quite an itinerary.  We visited Ellis Island for Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Wall Street, Time Square, Metropolitan Museum of Art, the 9/11 Memorial site where they just finished the construction where the Twin Towers were.  It was very emotional visiting there.  One night, the Wind Ensemble performed a concert at Carnegie Hall.  We all went to a Broadway Show.  We saw How To Succeed in  Business Without Really Trying with Daniel Radcliff.  Others saw Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.  On Thanksgiving night, we enjoyed our Farewell Thanksgiving Dinner while cruising the Hudson River and New York Harbor. There was music and dancing.  Kids, chaperones, parents and families all had a great time.

The night before the parade, we went to the area where they blow up all the balloon.  To see them down on the ground and close up, they were huge.  The subway was packed with people going there and that whole area was so packed.  But it was fun to see how they prepare for the parade.

The band had to be up all night that night for practice, etc.  They got no sleep.  We got up at 3:00a.m. to get our spot on the parade route.  It was freezing cold.  You went numb standing there all night.  

Some of the food places we visited:  Carnegie Deli, Katz Deli, Juniors, Hard Rock Cafe, Ellen's Stardust Diner, The Halal Guys (Oh, the best!)

This was truly a trip of a lifetime that we will never forget.

I said that in 1970 when I toured California from LA to SF.

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Friends of ours will be on the Anthem on Dec.12.I hope they have a great cruise.

• Like 1