Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I liked Harrison Ford best in the role, but Alec Baldwin was really good in The Hunt for Red October.  Great movie if you haven't seen it.  Sean Connery is also great in that movie.  You piqued my interest, so I looked it up and was surprised to see that Ben Affleck and Chris Pine also played Jack Ryan.  I remember their movies now that I've seen them listed but didn't before looking it up.  

Hunt For Red October is an awesome movie. I also really like Crimson Tide. Both are excellent submarine movies.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just checked this out on my laptop as I am not a touchpad lover either.  I do not have the ability to disable mine either, it only shows sensitivity as you are seeing.

If this is really important to you, I'm guessing that you may be able to get these settings added to your laptop by updating your touchpad driver.  You probably have the basic Windows touchpad driver that will work in any laptop but doesn't provide a lot of additional functionality.  You can go to the support web site for your laptop manufacturer, find the support page for your specific model laptop, and see if any newer drivers are available.  If you're really interested but this sounds too hard, find someone who knows computers to help you.  Most people who understand computers can do driver updates fairly easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I liked Harrison Ford best in the role, but Alec Baldwin was really good in The Hunt for Red October.  Great movie if you haven't seen it.  Sean Connery is also great in that movie.  You piqued my interest, so I looked it up and was surprised to see that Ben Affleck and Chris Pine also played Jack Ryan.  I remember their movies now that I've seen them listed but didn't before looking it up.  

“Most things in here don’t react too well to bullets.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a great primary care doctor.He was in a car accident 4 years ago and sustained injuries to the degree that he had to retire at age 49.I have a new doctor but not comparable at all

That is sad Lenny that a great doctor had to retire at such a young age because of injuries in a car crash.

Sending prayers 🙏 that he is well and financially secure so he can enjoy life with his family without worries.

Graham

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hunt For Red October is an awesome movie. I also really like Crimson Tide. Both are excellent submarine movies.

Loved them but my all time favorite submarine movie of all time is "Das Boot," the 1981 German original movie in German with subtitles. It's an amazing film and the production of it is incredible.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If this is really important to you, I'm guessing that you may be able to get these settings added to your laptop by updating your touchpad driver.  You probably have the basic Windows touchpad driver that will work in any laptop but doesn't provide a lot of additional functionality.  You can go to the support web site for your laptop manufacturer, find the support page for your specific model laptop, and see if any newer drivers are available.  If you're really interested but this sounds too hard, find someone who knows computers to help you.  Most people who understand computers can do driver updates fairly easily.

Thanks, I only looked because they were discussing how to disable it.  I was a systems administrator in a prior life, so driver updates, I can deal with. 😉 😄 I used to support a DOS based accounting system run on a two floppy drive desktop.  Took that through a ridiculous amount of upgrades from DOS to a stand alone Windows system to a network based multi user system.  Granted, I "retired" from that over twenty years ago when motherhood and commuting were not working well. 🙂 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s good to hear. Hopefully she doesn’t have anymore.

I’ve been playing and the best I got it in was 3. Usually it’s in 4 or 5 and one time a 6.

I hadn’t heard of the game before reading it on here.  I downloaded the app and been playing it.  The best I’ve done so far is two tries.   E6B63FA0-14E4-4220-BDD8-2043F9D7F188.thumb.png.a214b605775f297564cdcbebd5e8d24e.png

I tend to play different word games while watching tv.  😁

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I used to support a DOS based accounting system run on a two floppy drive desktop. 

My first home computer was dos based.  I didn’t like it when windows took over.  With each upgrade Windows wanted to make things easier with just a click but with each update it restricted you more and more.  I liked having more control over my computer.

• Like 3

Yesterday, while looking at gardening videos, I accidentally clicked on a video.  Up popped an old band that I haven’t thought of for years, Glass Harp. A unique band that I liked to listen to on occasion.  Not sure why it came up with the garden videos.  If it wasn’t for a touch screen, it wouldn’t of popped up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My first home computer was dos based.

Me too.  A 1985 beauty with 256KB of ram, a single 5.25" floppy drive (no hard drive), and a 640 X 480 CGA monitor.  I had to load DOS with one disc and then put in a different disc with an app.  I shortly added an acoustic coupler modem (where you put the phone handset into it) so that I could get online.  I remember that the whole setup cost me about $3K, the amount of my income tax rebate that I used to purchase it.  Zork seemed like an amazing game at the time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday, while looking at gardening videos, I accidentally clicked on a video.  Up popped an old band that I haven’t thought of for years, Glass Harp. A unique band that I liked to listen to on occasion.  Not sure why it came up with the garden videos.  If it wasn’t for a touch screen, it wouldn’t of popped up. 

I'm not familiar with the band named Glass Harp, but I have watched this guy play the glass harp in Old Town Alexandria.  I wonder if he's still around...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Loved them but my all time favorite submarine movie of all time is "Das Boot," the 1981 German original movie in German with subtitles. It's an amazing film and the production of it is incredible.

Yes, I have the DVD of "Das Boot". That is another very good sub movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My first home computer was dos based.  I didn’t like it when windows took over.  With each upgrade Windows wanted to make things easier with just a click but with each update it restricted you more and more.  I liked having more control over my computer.

I felt the same way. With DOS I could visualize how various programs were located in directories on the hard drive. With Windows I had to give into the fact that it now ran my computer and not me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I also read that Wordle enthusiasts (at least in the US) are worried because the game's creator sold the game to the NY Times.  The Times is saying that it will continue to be free, but many are worried that they will start charging people to play at some point.

It looks like there is a way to save it, and continue playing.

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-play-the-original-wordle-offline-1848463004

• Thanks 1

We picked up our grandkids this morning, and took them out to breakfast.  Granddaughter was proudly showing off her missing tooth and telling us what the tooth fairy brought.  Looks like the tooth fairy has made significant adjustments due to inflation. 

Brought them back to our place for some fun and games. Our 9 year old grandson has been playing a lot of old games, and his favorites now are Taboo and Checkers.  Today, he and I were playing checkers, and he is getting really good at it.  It was interesting to watch him plotting his moves.  Something happened in the final game we played that I never had happen before.  We both played a perfect game that ended in a draw.  It may be time to get out the chess set and teach him that. 

Since my supper BBQ food picture doesn’t look nearly as good as Andrew’s, I will just post my drink that Greg may like.  

CF67498D-25B1-4369-B989-AC1A687BB0C5.thumb.jpeg.44be4e9a36227a14dd8c43fef3739a85.jpeg

I had to try this, since they were out of the beer I was going to order.  Twice the size of RCI drinks at half the price.  Does that mean I just had 4 drinks?

Smooth sailing to all those sailing this weekend. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1