Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn’t know there were Covid test for the wazoo… 😂 We have extra right now too.  I am glad the expiration date is longer on the emed now.  Will use them up in May.

Well, it appears that they do!

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/china-brings-back-anal-swab-testing-for-covid-ahead-of-winter-olympics/

That is one reason I am not going to China for a while. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn’t know there were Covid test for the wazoo… 😂 We have extra right now too.  I am glad the expiration date is longer on the emed now.  Will use them up in May.

Yup, be extra careful with the wazoo test.   🤐

I just checked and we have 3 emed kits left.    Will use 2 for our March sailing and will have to fight over who gets to use the 1 for the May sailing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m really hungry for souvlaki, now!

I read some comments today. Of the commenters, the majority think Penn and Kim are perfect and a few were really down on Ryan and Dusty. 
Talked about how rude Ryan was.
True, he was like a little boy forced to sit in a chair and listen to a grown up lecture. 
He did explain that after ten years in prison it’s difficult for him to be forced to stay still and listen. I feel enormous sympathy because he was innocent, so maybe I cut him too much slack. 
Dusty stayed his friend all the way from middle school and I just feel that the pair of them are full of energy and the spirit of competition. 
In other words, they’re my favorites. 
I like all of the teams, though, everyone except Akbar…I wanted to smack him!

I have been rooting for Ryan and Dusty since the first show.My children and grandchildren are all rooting for Penn and Kim.

This afternoon I was at my Parkinsons therapy session and the TV was on in the waiting room.The Ellen Show was on and one of the guests was Akbar.They showed a clip from a previous appearance with him from 2018

when he was discussing being a NJ Educator.

I am so far behind here, I need to go back 20 pages to get caught up. 

Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean has found a new way to get me to book more cruises.  This just came in today’s mail. 

468ACC58-A4C4-47BE-8D22-4C01952EEED5.thumb.jpeg.8a487473f782817298514208b31f786e.jpeg

The problem is, it was supposed to be Oasis.  The one cruise we had booked on Ovation, Royal canceled on us. Now my wife says we have to book Ovation, since we can’t have a block for a ship we haven’t sailed.  

• Like 14

2 hours ago, George C said:

Just got our results from Covid test and we are good to cruise, will be in 20’s tomorrow morning when we fly to Miami. Ready to start packing, I think I will take my iPad so I can post. After cruise we will go to Ft Myer to attend my nieces wedding.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am so far behind here, I need to go back 20 pages to get caught up. 

Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean has found a new way to get me to book more cruises.  This just came in today’s mail. 

468ACC58-A4C4-47BE-8D22-4C01952EEED5.thumb.jpeg.8a487473f782817298514208b31f786e.jpeg

The problem is, it was supposed to be Oasis.  The one cruise we had booked on Ovation, Royal canceled on us. Now my wife says we have to book Ovation, since we can’t have a block for a ship we haven’t sailed.  

Some people say royal customer service doesn't know what they are doing but see they know exactly what they are doing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, George C said:

Just got our results from Covid test and we are good to cruise, will be in 20’s tomorrow morning when we fly to Miami. Ready to start packing, I think I will take my iPad so I can post. After cruise we will go to Ft Myer to attend my nieces wedding.

Excellent!     This is one of those times where you need those pants that turn into shorts

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/502921?originalProduct=122092&productId=1716218&attrValue_0=Alloy Gray&sku=0UPF842360&pla1=0&qs=3136908&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3ZWX7-WH9gIVDD2tBh3Z_gvvEAQYBSABEgIRbPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&SN=flyout_test05&SS=B&SN2=inventorySortTest02&SS2=A

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Well, it appears that they do!

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/china-brings-back-anal-swab-testing-for-covid-ahead-of-winter-olympics/

That is one reason I am not going to China for a while. 

Should I click, Should I not click?   Should I click, Should I not click? 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When we did Rome a few years ago would have loved that it was so hot in Vatican and you needed to wear long pants etc, someone we meet on roll call had those.

• Like 4

The covid tests confuse me.  The rapid one where you get results back in approx. 15 mins can be false negative compared to the longer wait for the other test, PCR, I think, which result can be positive??  THEN people can also be false positive on one test, take 3 more a few minutes later and results are negative.

We just got the word that it is imperative for us to attend our grandson's Middle School graduation in June.  We aren't complaining. 😁  I would love to drive again, as we did in August but then I was only a passenger 😏.  Jack's response: No way, no how, never again!!!  My daughter already put in an order for my chicken soup.  

• Like 6

On 2/14/2022 at 4:57 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Sort of like this one in Singapore.

That's insane!!! Can you imagine the complicated procedure to get from one building to the next?  "Take the west elevator in building A, go to the 2nd floor, which will actually then be the 3rd floor in building B. Then get off at what is now the east elevator and proceed......"  Sheesh. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The covid tests confuse me.  The rapid one where you get results back in approx. 15 mins can be false negative compared to the longer wait for the other test, PCR, I think, which result can be positive??  THEN people can also be false positive on one test, take 3 more a few minutes later and results are negative.

Absolutely. This is why my daughter is involved in a study to determine some of this wherein they compare various results. She gets tested every day (gets paid for it). Might be over by now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

A Pinnacle perk by any chance? 

No, a long way from that.  If I book the cruises onboard in a couple weeks, that I am looking at, the next block will be Anthem. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 4

Looks like I missed posts on birthday celebrations, those on cruises and getting ready to cruise.  

Not only that, but beautiful photos of other travels and Valentines Day celebrations. 

Now I have made it up to the discussions on cousins (whatever number), and sharks. My mother’s second or third cousin, once removed, was killed by a shark.  I remember hearing the story when I was young. Now I have to dig through our family history to see more information.  

• Like 5

17 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Booked a May b-2-b cruise on the Allure today for my birthday, I'm a bit apprehensive about booking a cruise this May, but I have/had several FCC burning a hole in my pocket.                                                                         

Looks like the one leg is the same one we are on, as well as @Lionesss

We should meet up for a drink. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, George C said:

So happy for you have a fantastic cruise. While in Ft. Meyer hope you can go to Bubble Rum for dinner. I love that place.

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

MRI results were not quite what we wanted.  Some new lesions found on the liver, waiting for message from doctor.🤞🙏

You will be in my thoughts! I’m hoping for the best. My heart is with you!

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like Charlie was jealous of Lizzie and took her spot today.    

Happy to hear your recover / rehab is going well.   

And today sounds like a nice relaxing Sea Day!

Snow looks beautiful.    Today we are a high of 66f but back in the 40's tomorrow.      We had a nice walk in the park for our lunch break yesterday and today.    

Did you see my post from early this morning a new Below Deck Down Under will start on Peacock on March 17th!    I'm excited to watch 🤩

ge was she was there and sat on her head till she moved. It was pretty funny.

I saw the trailer. Looks great. I like that Aiesha is chief stew. Wish I knew when it is coming to Bravo. I’m not all that interested in paying extra for the Peacock app.

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Johnny Rockets on Harmony has Newcastle in bottles via Sabor. The good English version👍

20220217_191154.thumb.jpg.3585fd4d735718ce22974a52da22fe66.jpg

Why have one, when you can have three.😉🤣🤣

20220217_191144.thumb.jpg.bcde2fdc5cdae49f83ea00ff726b2209.jpg

May have to stop by at night and pick up my unused vouchers. Then pack it for home

I have not been following along but looks like you are having a great time! Cheers!!

Gard to believe I have not had a cocktail for over than a week! Getting thirsty!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m really hungry for souvlaki, now!

I read some comments today. Of the commenters, the majority think Penn and Kim are perfect and a few were really down on Ryan and Dusty. 
Talked about how rude Ryan was.
True, he was like a little boy forced to sit in a chair and listen to a grown up lecture. 
He did explain that after ten years in prison it’s difficult for him to be forced to stay still and listen. I feel enormous sympathy because he was innocent, so maybe I cut him too much slack. 
Dusty stayed his friend all the way from middle school and I just feel that the pair of them are full of energy and the spirit of competition. 
In other words, they’re my favorites. 
I like all of the teams, though, everyone except Akbar…I wanted to smack him!

Akbar did not show his good side on the Amazing Race at all and I was not a fan of his either.  I had forgot that he was the principal of a high school in NJ which is in a really tough area.  He considers all the students his kids and has done a lot for the community.  He was on Ellen originally because he had put in a free laundromat at the HS for the kids.  He gave him $100K which he has now used to put a farm in that all the food goes to the families and they also make hot sauce from the vegetables that they sell and the kids involved get the royalties.  He has helped many other schools set up farms too.  It is nice to see he really is a good guy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So happy for you have a fantastic cruise. While in Ft. Meyer hope you can go to Bubble Rum for dinner. I love that place.

You will be in my thoughts! I’m hoping for the best. My heart is with you!

ge was she was there and sat on her head till she moved. It was pretty funny.

I saw the trailer. Looks great. I like that Aiesha is chief stew. Wish I knew when it is coming to Bravo. I’m not all that interested in paying extra for the Peacock app.

I have not been following along but looks like you are having a great time! Cheers!!

Gard to believe I have not had a cocktail for over than a week! Getting thirsty!

We love downtown Ft Myer lots of restaurants and bars my brother has a theater in the area. 

• Like 2

We were back at the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken, New Jersey this evening.  Beautiful views of Manhattan. 

We got to see the  NCL Gem coming into Port. We are assuming they came in early due to high winds expected tonight. 

20220217_175525.jpg

20220217_200614.jpg

20220217_181409.jpg

Edited by mets07
  • Like 15