Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@A&L_Ont Sorry to hear about Owen...hopefully it's a mild case throughout.

I had my annual weekend trip to North Carolina to watch some Duke basketball a couple weekends ago (old law school buddy has his 2nd kid at Duke), started having a slight sniffle as I was leaving Tuesday, slight enough that I didn't think twice about it. 

As an aside, I'd say Jahlil Okafor has slightly larger hands than I do.

1541225217_Cameron020722.jpg.131f15028c65b3823bc6eda98565e16f.jpg

That Thursday, decided to test and was positive.  Very mild (I've had allergies 10x worse).  Tested again Sunday to make sure it wasn't false and positive again.  My wife had a bug a few days following me and actually felt worse than I did....and she tested negative twice.  She was so mad..."What a waste, if I'm gonna be sick, I want to get it over with."

So, worked from home all last week.  Today is my 10th day so I'll be back in the office tomorrow.

In the meantime, this is Stevie's "why won't you play with me??" pose...

1310426257_Stevie022022.jpg.28ea45515f12b45b6a7e2d52522037a0.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This morning Owen woke with a temperature and feeling off. Shortly thereafter we had this result below, with some rapid home tests.  Since he hasn’t been to school since Wednesday so this gift was from the hockey tourney.  It’s the only place Lisa and I have been as well.

We have a provincial holiday on Monday so he will only miss school on Tuesday to Thursday and one hockey game. We all have to isolate to Thursday evening, but I can work from home and Lisa is a stay at home mom. This sucks. 

Edit, I guess Owen is in good company with the Queen. 

981F6CD6-CCB2-42DC-8B13-9E4E8E914720.thumb.jpeg.d35cfef4ba3b237413d84d9be3bf341c.jpeg

I've come to the conclusion that it is pretty unavoidable. I'm also of the mindset that people who get the Omicron variant and are also vaccinated are probably positioned best for any other Corona viruses that come their way. So though the next few days may not be the best, in the long run this could be for the best.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

@A&L_Ont Sorry to hear about Owen...hopefully it's a mild case throughout.

I had my annual weekend trip to North Carolina to watch some Duke basketball a couple weekends ago (old law school buddy has his 2nd kid at Duke), started having a slight sniffle as I was leaving Tuesday, slight enough that I didn't think twice about it. 

As an aside, I'd say Jahlil Okafor has slightly larger hands than I do.

1541225217_Cameron020722.jpg.131f15028c65b3823bc6eda98565e16f.jpg

That Thursday, decided to test and was positive.  Very mild (I've had allergies 10x worse).  Tested again Sunday to make sure it wasn't false and positive again.  My wife had a bug a few days following me and actually felt worse than I did....and she tested negative twice.  She was so mad..."What a waste, if I'm gonna be sick, I want to get it over with."

So, worked from home all last week.  Today is my 10th day so I'll be back in the office tomorrow.

In the meantime, this is Stevie's "why won't you play with me??" pose...

1310426257_Stevie022022.jpg.28ea45515f12b45b6a7e2d52522037a0.jpg

I follow North Carolina basketball but not Duke.A guy who I knew in HS played for UNC and had a bit of a career in the NBA.His nickname was The Kangaroo Kid.You May have heard of him.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I follow North Carolina basketball but not Duke.A guy who I knew in HS played for UNC and had a bit of a career in the NBA.His nickname was The Kangaroo Kid.You May have heard of him.

Oh yeah...Billy C was one of the greats!  Very cool that you knew him back in the day...

I'm not a huge Duke fan, but watching a game at Cameron Indoor is special.  We also saw Coach K's last Duke-UNC game at the Dean Dome.

My buddy's first one at Duke did the tenting and everything...she was a basketball nut.  It's funny the stories you hear.  Grayson Allen (rightfully) has a horrible reputation as a dirty player.  Buddy's daughter was in classes with him and told me that was the most respectful "Yes, sir" "No, ma'am" person in class that she'd ever seen.  And then on the court, totally different....

Edited by Husky1987

This morning Owen woke with a temperature and feeling off. Shortly thereafter we had this result below, with some rapid home tests.  Since he hasn’t been to school since Wednesday so this gift was from the hockey tourney.  It’s the only place Lisa and I have been as well.

We have a provincial holiday on Monday so he will only miss school on Tuesday to Thursday and one hockey game. We all have to isolate to Thursday evening, but I can work from home and Lisa is a stay at home mom. This sucks. 

981F6CD6-CCB2-42DC-8B13-9E4E8E914720.thumb.jpeg.d35cfef4ba3b237413d84d9be3bf341c.jpeg

Sorry to hear Owen has tested positive.

Wishing him a quick recovery Andrew.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Oh yeah...Billy C was one of the greats!  Very cool that you knew him back in the day...

I'm not a huge Duke fan, but watching a game at Cameron Indoor is special.  We also saw Coach K's last Duke-UNC game at the Dean Dome.

My buddy's first one at Duke did the tenting and everything...she was a basketball nut.  It's funny the stories you hear.  Grayson Allen (rightfully) has a horrible reputation as a dirty player.  Buddy's daughter was in classes with him and told me that was the most respectful "Yes, sir" "No, ma'am" person in class that she'd ever seen.  And then on the court, totally different....

Art Heyman who played for Duke in the 60’s had a bar around the corner from where I worked .I would sometimes stop in after work and if he happened to be there he would speak to the people like myself.

One of my son in laws recently (before Covid) went to a sports auction and bid on a basketball signed by Heyman.That basketball is in my house now.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Graham, got the pcr results early this morning, positive for me, negative for Gary. I have to self isolate till Tuesday,  

Sorry Sue I hope your symptoms are mild and you are back to regular you in a couple of days.

Best Tail Ever!!

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

A Sunday Samantha picture.  Her body is starting to catch up to her tail.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Now Mr. Sea Dog,

I must tell you a quick story that may come in handy.

I walk the mall with a lady older than me (yup that happens on occasion), and she walks the mall with her cane in hand.  Now mind you she had a total knee almost one year ago.

So I ask her why she carries it.............................she goes to let others know not to run into me, I don't need it but some people are in a hurry and will plow into you at your expense.

I chuckled, but then she goes.

After I was done with my PT, my therapist told me, to resume all activities, because I was better off now than I was before surgery.  She goes, but avoid ice at all cost, because one wrong slip or slide can set you back.   My therapist said the only ice you should encounter should be surrounded by Bourbon.

Love this story! Yes the thought of slipping on ice terrifies me.

Update on yesterday’s game, to today. Owen’s team won 4/3 and he got a short handed goal.  He broke up the play in his end, stole and puck and skated in on the other team’s goalie. Owen shot on the net and the goalie saved it. Owen then fell down while going for rebound. From his knees Owen got the rebound and shot the puck past the goalie and into the net. Short handed goal.

Way to go Owen! Sorry that he tested positive. I hope it’s mild and he gets back to his hockey soon.

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes we will. 40 minutes till boarding begins.

Have a great cruise Ken. I forget what ship? What itinerary?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Sorry Sue I hope your symptoms are mild and you are back to regular you in a couple of days.

Best Tail Ever!!

Love this story! Yes the thought of slipping on ice terrifies me.

Way to go Owen! Sorry that he tested positive. I hope it’s mild and he gets back to his hockey soon.

Have a great cruise Ken. I forget what ship? What itinerary?

Thanks Greg, Indy, 4 day, Nassau and CocoCay 

• Like 1

They explained why we needed a second Covid test before boarding, we have a full ship with no masks restrictions at all anyplace so they wanted to be super careful. Last nights Foreigner concert was great , tonight we are Air Supply , then a late show with Maria Muldaur. Very windy and cool outside today . Already booked same royal suite for next year’s rock and romance cruise, somebody walked by our room when the door was open and we were talking to concierge, all they said was wow. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c25948705563cb6dfb6123964954116a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5dfe7223dc56a9780cbed9e941a633df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.548cbcc3f8ae5d7cc7adb8fd82d61611.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2abbc90520207f5ac4a8d693a8e4f7f0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad9458c725a8ff9d4c2b9c0db178fc70.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.600347a4f4296f568a2abafcac230f29.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.410f3206eb4b889657879821cecc6f3b.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 20

Hope Owen has a super mild covid case and you and Lisa too if you catch it. What do the T and C on the test strips signify?

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'm very intrigued by curling. It seems like a cross of shuffle board, bocce ball with a touch of chess-like strategy thrown in.  I've watched several Ends here & there but not sure I can watch an entire match. I feel like it'll take 17.5 hours to complete😉

I also found out there is a Curling Club about 45 minutes from me  - just around the corner as far a I'm concerned - and they have special tryout dates, no experience necessary. They also have several "Curling and Cocktail" nights for mere $35  where you get 1 hour of instruction with drinks before, during and after. Now that's a deal!  Unfornatley, the "curling season" only runs from Oct-April which means it'll be over before you know it.

I recently learned that no one knows for sure why a curling stone moves the way it does.  If you rotate a stone counter-clockwise when you release it, it will curve to the left (and vice-versa).  This is the opposite of how other moving rotating objects on a rigid surface behave, and the opposite of what simple physics would say.  There are professors in Sweden and in Canada, two of the top countries for curling, who have conflicting theories and have both published academic papers.  Also, the sweeping action actually reduces the amount that a stone will curve.  I thought it was just the opposite.

That all hurts my brain.  I'd rather have an hour of curling and cocktails to try myself.  I doubt there are any curling clubs in Florida.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'm very intrigued by curling. It seems like a cross of shuffle board, bocce ball with a touch of chess-like strategy thrown in.  I've watched several Ends here & there but not sure I can watch an entire match. I feel like it'll take 17.5 hours to complete😉

I also found out there is a Curling Club about 45 minutes from me  - just around the corner as far a I'm concerned - and they have special tryout dates, no experience necessary. They also have several "Curling and Cocktail" nights for mere $35  where you get 1 hour of instruction with drinks before, during and after. Now that's a deal!  Unfornatley, the "curling season" only runs from Oct-April which means it'll be over before you know it.

There is a Curling Club in Prospect Park,in Brooklyn. There was a story about them on a NYC news station last week.

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I recently learned that no one knows for sure why a curling stone moves the way it does.  If you rotate a stone counter-clockwise when you release it, it will curve to the left (and vice-versa).  This is the opposite of how other moving rotating objects on a rigid surface behave, and the opposite of what simple physics would say.  There are professors in Sweden and in Canada, two of the top countries for curling, who have conflicting theories and have both published academic papers.  Also, the sweeping action actually reduces the amount that a stone will curve.  I thought it was just the opposite.

That all hurts my brain.  I'd rather have an hour of curling and cocktails to try myself.  I doubt there are any curling clubs in Florida.

Coincidentally I was talking to a friend who lives in Orlando.He told me there is a Curling Club not too far from where he lives and there is one in Tampa close to where one of his daughters lives.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So sorry, Hope you and your wife don't turn up positive in a day or two too.

Is there a place in your home Owen can isolate from the both of you?

Have you contacted the hockey tourney people?

Sorry to hear this and hopefully he will feel better soon.

From what I have read on other threads if your family does test positive doesnt this make travel in and out if Canada easier after recovery of covid? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m glad COVID waited till Owen got to score in a spectacular way!

I hope it is mild and over quickly and you and Lisa avoid it completely. 

• Like 2