Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, reallyitsmema said:

got a confirmation email when I ordered them on January 18th and nothing until yesterday when I got the tracking email saying they would be here by Tuesday.  I got a second tracking email today and they are now on a truck scheduled for delivery today.  I wonder if the original email went to your spam folder.  I wouldn't give up hope yet though, supposedly over 80% of the test that were ordered have now been delivered but that still leaves a large number of those still outstanding.

I'm not sure which one of the "Big Brother" apps (Google, Alexa?) was watching as I typed my post last Saturday but last night, I received my confirmation e-mail from USPS that the test kits are on the way & expected to be delivered Friday, Feb 25th.

I guess we're in the bottom 20%.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is totally off-topic, but has anyone tried Quordle? It’s four Wordles simultaneously.

I haven't tried Quordle, but I've seen some social media complaints about Wordle in the last couple of days.  Apparently one of the recent answers from the NY Times was more difficult and several people are saying that they will no longer play.  I got today's answer in 3 moves.  Helps a lot when you get the first letter correct immediately.

Wordle 247 3/6

🟩

🟩🟨🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That was actually one of the (several) reasons that we chose this area.  Amelia Island hasn't had a direct hit in more than 50 years, I believe largely because of the "notch".  There has been some wind and wave damage from storms passing by but nothing too serious.  Our friends in PVB summarized it well for us.  First, you can see a hurricane coming from a long way away...not like a tornado or earthquake.  Lots of time to plan/prepare.  Second, category 1/2/3 means stock up on food and liquor but otherwise don't worry too much (hurricane party!), category 4 means prepare to evacuate, category 5 means run like hell.  Third, if the worst case happens and assuming you took all valuables with you when evacuating, you use insurance money to rebuild.

Actually, you only need to worry if Jim Cantore is on your property.  Otherwise, it is just a reason for a Hurricane party.  LOL

• Haha 6

Didn't quote everyone but agree, would rather be near the ocean with the risk of hurricanes.  We are about a mile and a half from the beach, in the almost 6 years we've been here we lost power for 1 day due to a hurricane, had a few limbs down ith a few "storms" but nothing big.  When we were in NJ we were many miles from the beach, almost to PA, lost power for 10 days due to hurricane Sandy, one of our neighbors had a huge tree thru their house. At least people know how to prep here and leave if need be.  As someone else said pick your poison there are risks everywhere.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is totally off-topic, but has anyone tried Quordle? It’s four Wordles simultaneously.

It’s -24 C (about -9 F), but next week it will be almost to the plus temperatures! Time to plan my garden.

We don’t have topics.  We’re free range!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Is one of those suitcases empty to hold all of your daughters current (Ron Jon) & future vacation purchases? 😉

EDIT: sorry, I thought I was still on the Bella thread. 

I get confused all the time.😉🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That tumbler holds pretty close to a 750 ml bottle of wine. 

20220221_112945.jpg

So what are you using the tumbler for?   Surely you can’t just hand it to the bartender and say fill it up with an adult beverage?  Although that would be awesome. 😀

A way to stretch those voucher drinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Deep fried Mars bar on the list for an afternoon snack. 

What Sharon told me when I was full and we had our evening reservation coming up….. You don’t have to be hungry to eat food.  Great cruise advice.   
Keep the pics coming.  Good to see you enjoying the cruise.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

It’s -24 C (about -9 F), but next week it will be almost to the plus temperatures! Time to plan my garden.

There is also an X rated game called Lewdle.The commentators on a NYC Sports show were discussing it last week.

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Actually, you only need to worry if Jim Cantore is on your property.  Otherwise, it is just a reason for a Hurricane party.  LOL

There is a big charity golf tournament in our community every year with many big names, Jim Cantore is one of the regulars, fortunately it's usually nice weather, only had enough rain once to cancel it.  Fun going to see all the players, but yes we normally don't like to see him here otherwise.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven't tried Quordle, but I've seen some social media complaints about Wordle in the last couple of days.  Apparently one of the recent answers from the NY Times was more difficult and several people are saying that they will no longer play.  I got today's answer in 3 moves.  Helps a lot when you get the first letter correct immediately.

Wordle 247 3/6

🟩

🟩🟨🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got today’s in 4.I had all 5 letters correct but in the wrong order after 2 moves.

Yesterday, I did not get it .My better half has played 27 games and has solved every game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Didn't quote everyone but agree, would rather be near the ocean with the risk of hurricanes.  We are about a mile and a half from the beach, in the almost 6 years we've been here we lost power for 1 day due to a hurricane, had a few limbs down ith a few "storms" but nothing big.  When we were in NJ we were many miles from the beach, almost to PA, lost power for 10 days due to hurricane Sandy, one of our neighbors had a huge tree thru their house. At least people know how to prep here and leave if need be.  As someone else said pick your poison there are risks everywhere.

We are 8 minutes from a beach and lost power for 14 days during Hurricane Sandy.In the 19 years we have been living here we only lost power two other times,once from another hurricane and once from an abnormal heat wave.

• Like 2

Back from the cancer doctor. Things are not too bad.  She wants him to go for a pet scan to see if the lesions are actually new ones.  If so, she will just change his medicine around.  I asked her if he would be around for quite awhile and she said definitely.😁so, thank you all for your good wishes and support.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Back from the cancer doctor. Things are not too bad.  She wants him to go for a pet scan to see if the lesions are actually new ones.  If so, she will just change his medicine around.  I asked her if he would be around for quite awhile and she said definitely.😁so, thank you all for your good wishes and support.

Jubilation time! You must be so relieved!

I am so glad the doctor is comfortable with this news. No hedging!