Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I was a nervous wreck even with them up by 10. I’ve had my heart broken plenty of times by KU. It will be a very tough gamer on Monday whether it’s UNC or Duke. Just glad they are still playing. Gotta run more beer to drink!!

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Go Tar Heels!!!!

Feeling a little remorse that I am not in NOLA…. 

Bill Engvall was funny tonight.  We got home and caught up to live game with about 12 minutes left in the second half.  

UNC-Duke was a great game.  Fun to watch, unless you're a big Duke fan of course.  KU-Villanova not as close.  Every time Nova made a comeback run, Kansas responded to keep a fairly large lead.  Looked a little dicey when Nova got within 6 late but KU closed them out strongly.  

Kansas is a 4.5 point favorite against UNC Monday night.  I think UNC's Cinderella run will end and Kansas will cover fairly easily, giving you a little relief Greg.  Then again, Carolina wasn't supposed to beat Duke (again) and wasn't supposed to beat Baylor, so who knows?  

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Boohoo, sad day. We will be disembarking soon.   Then heading over to budget for our car rental.   

Sorry that it has to come to an end.  We've still never done a B2B.  Everyone says they're great.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry that it has to come to an end.  We've still never done a B2B.  Everyone says they're great.

They are really nice especially if able to book same cabin for both cruises.   

We had 2 different experiences each cruise.

First one was very active with our Son and his Fiance.

This past week was very laid back and able to finish reading the Women's Club #20 by Patterson and another Stuart woods book.   

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Boohoo, sad day. We will be disembarking soon.   Then heading over to budget for our car rental.   

I'm glad this cruise went better for you than the previous one. The ending is never fun. However, for me after two weeks I'd be ready to come home. Welcome back.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad this cruise went better for you than the previous one. The ending is never fun. However, for me after two weeks I'd be ready to come home. Welcome back.

Can't include you for the World Cruise then I assume? 274 nights?

• Haha 1

If it is April 3rd, it must be time for more snow in Western PA.  Woke up this morning to 32° and an inch of snow on the ground.  

Yesterday I finished the great American pastime of filing my taxes.  Was glad to get the email that said they were accepted.  Now to just write checks and drop them in the mail.  

So while working yesterday, I heard a loud bang. It sounded like a large tree branch falling on the hot tub cover or the deck, but there was nothing there.  Susan said she thought it came from our garage, but I didn’t see anything there, either. 

That is, until this morning.  We have a mini fridge in the garage, and I noticed the door was partially open.  When I looked inside, I found this. 

1C78F162-BCE2-45E0-AC5E-D1BF713C00D4.thumb.jpeg.3ba2b16edcc07f95b9d390fd122452eb.jpeg

Evidently, when the can exploded and blew the top off, there was enough force to open the door. 

• Like 6

Went & saw a new release movie at the multi-plex tonight.  The Duke starring Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren & Matthew Goode .  I don’t know why we bothered buying tickets, no staff to check them.  10 patrons bought tickets online. Only 4 people in the cinema. DH loved it.  It didn’t do much for me  even though the  leads were very good as always.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They are really nice especially if able to book same cabin for both cruises.   

We had 2 different experiences each cruise.

First one was very active with our Son and his Fiance.

This past week was very laid back and able to finish reading the Women's Club #20 by Patterson and another Stuart woods book.   

Debbie quick question for you.  Would you say that one formal night was more formal than the other?  

42 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Serenade would not be my choice of ship for a cruise that long.

16 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

What ship would you choose?

I think they just have to use a smaller ship to get into some of the smaller ports.

Wonder what the over/under number will be on how many ports they miss for one reason or another.

Can't you just hear the people onboard complaining about wanting OBC for missed ports.

Also how many will end their cruise mid-cruise for one reason or another?

Got to believe there will be a lot of passengers ready to jump ship before the end.

The drain on the crew too dealing with the same people day after day. Can't be pleasant for the crew.........

be like Below Deck times 40.......

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

, so who knows?  

I think either team can win it. What’s on paper doesn’t matter now it’s what’s in a players heart. Whichever team has a handful of players that can block out all the hype and nerves and play their best game will be the key. It’s almost too bad that there has to be one champion. To me the four teams that made up the final four are all champions.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The drain on the crew too dealing with the same people day after day. Can't be pleasant for the crew.........

I don't agree, unless of course the passengers are jerks.  I think it would be nice for both passengers and crew to get to know each other better.  I know that many servers in other places find it nice to know what someone likes to typically eat and drink.  Allows them to provide better/more appreciated service.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

What ship would you choose?

I would want something that has better entertainment and more specialty restaurants.  Anthem would be a great choice but likely would be too big for some of the ports.  I would also want a newer ship as Serenade was very tired when we were on it in October 2019.  I know it is having a long drydock but they don't always do much, if anything, to the cabins during those drydocks.  I hope they work on the bathrooms at least.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think they just have to use a smaller ship to get into some of the smaller ports.

Wonder what the over/under number will be on how many ports they miss for one reason or another.

Can't you just hear the people onboard complaining about wanting OBC for missed ports.

Also how many will end their cruise mid-cruise for one reason or another?

Got to believe there will be a lot of passengers ready to jump ship before the end.

be like Below Deck times 40.......

The crew will be fine.  They deal with people everyday and are trained on how to deal with demanding people.  Relationships will be formed because they will be seeing the same people all the time.  

As far as people leaving mid cruise, I am sure there will be some but I would not expect a mass exodus unless there were some big issues on the ship.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't agree, unless of course the passengers are jerks.  I think it would be nice for both passengers and crew to get to know each other better.  I know that many servers in other places find it nice to know what someone likes to typically eat and drink.  Allows them to provide better/more appreciated service.

35 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The crew will be fine.  They deal with people everyday and are trained on how to deal with demanding people.  Relationships will be formed because they will be seeing the same people all the time.  

As far as people leaving mid cruise, I am sure there will be some but I would not expect a mass exodus unless there were some big issues on the ship.

I think Royal's crew has never done anything like this before so really they are in unchartered waters on pulling off a cruise this long. So I think it's still very much under debate how they will handle it.

Guess in the end only time will tell how well this goes or not.

I would feel much more comfortable if they had done cruises like this before if I was going on this cruise.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm guessing you wrote this before seeing my later post where I explained that my doctor didn't believe me and checked my titers, only to discover that I was correct and I had never had chicken pox.  I've since been vaccinated, but still don't need to worry about shingles.

You’re right about when I wrote it. I was pages behind, so my responses were mostly anticlimactic!

I’m home from our cruise now, so should be more in step with everyone. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tried @Lionesss Recipe................It was very good, mine turned out more watery though, not sure if that is the way it is suppose to be or not.

It more was like a Keto, Chicken Parm without the pasta (carbs) Not sure if all the water came out of the ricotta, spinach or peppers............but still was very good, made a nice flavored tomato cheese soup mixture.

Here is a few pictures before and after it was cooked............if I show you after it was ate, won't be much in the picture. lol  Again it was very good.

Thanks for the recipe.

20220402_174239.thumb.jpg.45349e2e77863709e2eeb5d227e59566.jpg

20220402_163239.jpg

I totally ruined a chicken spinach casserole once, when I thought I had drained and squeezed every bit of water out of the spinach. 
I hadn’t!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to hear you had a great 2 weeks. I imagine you got the work related internet issues worked out this time.  Looks like we will have a cool day tomorrow with rain showers.  I honestly don’t even care!  Hoping for better weather at Pt Canaveral, CocoCay & Nassau.  
Packing is complete and I’m currently enjoying a margarita and listening to salsa music via Alexa.  

We had perfectly beautiful weather all week and Canaveral was sunshiny when we disembarked this am. 

• Like 3