Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

041D0CA8-0C95-4546-A99E-D385EA209635.jpeg

RIP sweet kitty 🌺

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We have an awesome dentist who's also done the same for years.  A truly wonderful man.

My dad was an Endodontist and when he had an emergency I would go to the office with him if my mom wasn't home. I knew to sit quietly and color until he was done. One time the patient started a conversation with me and on his next visit brought me a box of candy with a very nice note. It was the worst candy I'd ever had but my mom made me write a thank you saying it was my new favorite.  The patient lived about 30 minutes out of town but every time he made the trip into town he stopped by the office and brought me another box. The candy was always given away but I still have the note that I got about 45 years ago.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have 1 cherry tree and 1 peach tree and one of my neighbors has an apple tree.   We all share but I'm sure Eric hides his cherries as he eats them like candy.   I don't like cherries but love peaches.

I remember the delicious home grown produce especially peaches we would buy in local NJ farms like Tice and Dipiero farms.   So sweet.  Juice always ran down my chin. I bet those farms no longer exist.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I already made my comment about vets. When a patient of mine has an urgent problem and the day is booked up I stay longer. It actually disgusts me that they would recommend you just drop your cat off. 

We have been using the same vet for about 25 years. One of our dogs was having issues at the beginning of covid and we needed to be seen. I called the office and was told I could just drop off or they would take her in without me. She hated the vet so I couldn't do either to her. My vet has given me his cell number and to call him directly anytime. This was that time. He did an ultrasound and found a large mass so  I needed to do what was best for her. He snuck me in the back door and I was on the floor with her, crying and talking her how great she was, how much she was loved and we would see each other soon. He is a great vet. I'm sad that he is only working part time and getting ready to retire.

• Like 7

Found on FB with the following, thought appropriate with the latest on this thread ❤

🌈  Extremely rare atmospheric phenomenon called rainbow bridge or circumhorizontal arc: When the sun is at least 58º above horizon and ice crystals in clouds form rainbows.

📸 Credit unknown.

FB_IMG_1650984466162.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think @harryfat1 Cheapo Dad started it. It is just a fun thing to do, doesn't have to have a reason. When Cruise Critic was much smaller, we once spent an entire weekend talking about rat guards on the mooring lines. Not everything has to have a purpose. :classic_biggrin:

That's him. I couldn't remember who started it all. Thanks for remembering.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've heard if your close and one snaps it can kill you. Or... maybe some guy with a little authority and a whistle just like to blow it.

I'd be curious how many times that has actually happened.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not enough time to set up the exposure settings. I'm disappointed with the picture.

You can always go back and edit the picture for exposure. Apps like Adobe's Lightroom are also fantastic for editing.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I was quite a bit behind so I've had to skip/scan the last few pages 

Our little grandson had his first birthday this week and his other grandparents hosted a lovely party at their house. We helped out with all the various sides and salads so it's been a busy few days. A friend of mine made the 'the very hungry caterpillar' cake 

A lovely day, our grandson is a poppet and I have some great photos, unfortunately my son won't let us post them on social media.

Dani, I will bore you with pics of him when I see you in June 😁

20220423_180245.thumb.jpg.69c901e6be1933225bd06c10be349ab5.jpg

20220424_123902_resized.thumb.jpg.86bac56ab6e28a4f1190ef86ed0cb94f.jpg

Happy Birthday to your Grandson. What a great cake and spread!

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We will be in St. Maarten today. Sunrise is looking pretty spectacular. Maybe a prelude for the rest of the day?

Have a fantastic day!

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

I am so sorry. Rest in Peace beautiful Carrie.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I went to bed at 1:30 this morning and was not sure if I would catch sunrise today but I am really glad I did. Woke up even with no alarm set.

I wish I could do that.

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I guess I am making up for lost time on the CC threads.

Been up since 3 am. Had trouble sleeping, and need to be busy.

@Ocean Boy

Thank you for taking the time from your cruise to share.  It means a lot.  Beautiful tribute.

Now going back on this thread I see some post regarding our Vet's office response at our time of need.

My husband's family has  been going to the same clinic for over 45 years. So we also followed with our pets.

The original owner was an Auschwitz survivor, came to the US  went to college, and settled in Youngstown Ohio.

Every time we made a visit, he would sit down hold our family pet, and tell us stories of his life.

He made time for everyone, and sometimes you waited over an hour to see him, but he was always there for all. And you did not mind.  Sometimes he was opened past 9pm for evening appointments.

He would tell us his life's stories.   

Surviving in concentration camps was unimaginable, but, as a whole, the people housed in the same barrack as he was, met each others needs. He was young, and saw death early in life, and saw fellow prisoners (for lack of a better word) be at the side of those that died in the barracks.

He then knew if he survived he would continue to be there for all.

And that he said was the foundation of his practice.  Always be there, make every attempt to help those in needs.  For him, it was our family pets.

He sadly passed away a few years back from leukemia after living a full life, and his practice as some practices grow, went to the next generation of veterinarians.

We just continued to go there, knowing the office staff and all.

And yes, that was very frustrating in our time of need  not to help us.

But times have changed.

And probably so shall we.

We will be looking for a new family VET, when we rescue our next kitten.

Not ready, but when we are, we will grow with a new facility.

Thanks again from all the kind words ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) 

and just being there.

Take care.

Stay healthy

Our vet is fantastic and always makes himself available to us. Linda's cousin is a vet and she tells us the horror stories of angry pet owners for this and that, that is not even the vets fault. Vets apparently have one of the highest suicide rates in the country. The stress is enormous.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's how you know that you're doing it right!

I always thought it was a safety thing, not wanting people to get too close to the edge in case they fall in.  Rules like this are usually meant for the one stupid person, not the 99 normal people.

As for the idea of pictures of lines, they can be very satisfying to look at since they meet a lot of the "rules" of photography (if done correctly).  They have something in the foreground (the thing the rope is over...the bollard??) and something in the background (the ship), and they have the line itself that forms a leading line into the picture.  Leading lines naturaly draw a viewers eye into the photo.  That and ship nerds like me think they're cool.  As with anything, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thank you that really sums up why I like getting that shot. It can really make a picture .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember the delicious home grown produce especially peaches we would buy in local NJ farms like Tice and Dipiero farms.   So sweet.  Juice always ran down my chin. I bet those farms no longer exist.  

What area in NJ were those farms located at? Not sure I ever heard of those 2 farms and I used to live in NJ.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's how you know that you're doing it right!

I always thought it was a safety thing, not wanting people to get too close to the edge in case they fall in.  Rules like this are usually meant for the one stupid person, not the 99 normal people.

As for the idea of pictures of lines, they can be very satisfying to look at since they meet a lot of the "rules" of photography (if done correctly).  They have something in the foreground (the thing the rope is over...the bollard??) and something in the background (the ship), and they have the line itself that forms a leading line into the picture.  Leading lines naturaly draw a viewers eye into the photo.  That and ship nerds like me think they're cool.  As with anything, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would like to see who is going to post one of these rope pictures from the opposite end of the rope........That would be cool and I'm pretty sure that would get more then a whistle.....So now who is going to be the first to take that picture and post it here. 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

I'm so sorry. What a wonderful life you had together.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You and Sharon must be getting really excited for your upcoming Alaska cruise.

You should really like the Ovation.

Quantum class is great for cold weather sailings.   

270 theater, Cafe and vintages bar all in that area are nice places to hang out.   The 2 story solarium is really nice too!

If weather is decent there should be a back patio behind WJ.  I always enjoy eating out there when possible. 

Also Jamie's has outdoor seating that is nice if weather permits.

I usually don’t get to excited for vacations until we are on the way but I think with never being to Alaska and so much at each port, the planning is getting me there.  Although my favorite is Oasis class, Quantum is a very close 2nd and I like changing up.  We cruised Anthem June 2017.  It was the last time we visited San Juan.  We liked North Star and looking forward to doing it again and iFLY is where I learn just how much extra skin my face had!  The main thing I will miss is the back of the Oasis class.  I would miss the slides if we were in the Caribbean. 😂 

I really think being cold natured I will appreciate that the Quantum class is made more for cold weather.  We enjoyed the 270.  Someone pointed out that I should try a Reuben sandwich from there. It will also be our 1st opportunity to try Fish and Ships.  I bet the solarium will be a nice warm place to hang out.  Might even be tempted to try a hot tub if we have time. I am hoping the Solarium Bistro will be open.  It has been closed on our last two cruises.  
I don’t remember finding a back patio behind WJ.  I will need to try it.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I really think being cold natured I will appreciate that the Quantum class is made more for cold weather.  We enjoyed the 270.  Someone pointed out that I should try a Reuben sandwich from there. It will also be our 1st opportunity to try Fish and Ships.  I bet the solarium will be a nice warm place to hang out.  Might even be tempted to try a hot tub if we have time. I am hoping the Solarium Bistro will be open.  It has been closed on our last two cruises.  
I don’t remember finding a back patio behind WJ.  I will need to try it.  

Check out your app for Solarium Bistro.  Our app for Quantum is showing breakfast hours and dinner hours, closed for lunch.  That just updated recently in the app for my sailing.

The area of the WJ that she is calling a "back patio" is the outdoor area of the WJ with tables and chairs where you can eat, similar to what is on Radiance class ships.  It is much smaller than what is on the Radiance class ships, but still a decent place to eat, when it is open.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Check out your app for Solarium Bistro.  Our app for Quantum is showing breakfast hours and dinner hours, closed for lunch.  That just updated recently in the app for my sailing.

The area of the WJ that she is calling a "back patio" is the outdoor area of the WJ with tables and chairs where you can eat, similar to what is on Radiance class ships.  It is much smaller than what is on the Radiance class ships, but still a decent place to eat, when it is open.

Just checked the app. As of right now I am seeing I believe all the restaurants……. Except the Solarium Bistro.  Maybe I can find out in a Live review.  I believe a short cruise starts today on it.

I will try to remember to check out the WJ back patio.  I am assuming the access to it is through the WJ.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

D30C6E5D-B8B0-496D-A9B2-A44251C1A4FC.thumb.jpeg.729e1dfc32a46407ce9bcf539fde9ebd.jpeg

Our DD signed up for Columbia House when she was in college. 
She graduated, got married in 1988,  had babies, never ordered anything after college, but not till we moved in 2007 did the mailings stop. 
She and we had tried over the years to cut the connection, but it took our not giving them a forwarding address to stop them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2