Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I mentioned last week, that DH was struggling to get a set date out of the concreter we booked & paid a deposit for 6 months ago. When DH rand him to cancel out of frustration, DH was polite about it.  He didn’t vent his frustration. Concreter said ok, I can do it Monday.
The concreter turned up as promised on Monday.  

DH has been happy with the work done and neighbour came over and asked for his details too.

On finishing the job today, DH had a long  chat with the Concreter.  Turns out he has terminal bowel cancer and ours is his last job.  He says he will be gone by March.  

Just goes to show, you just don’t know what people are dealing with.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

On another note, Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac passed away yesterday.  She was 79 years old.  So sad.  It won’t be the same without her.  I’m glad we got to see them in concert in 2018.  

I saw FM  when I was 16 in a baseball stadium in 1975.  Unlike some people she didn’t know me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I mentioned last week, that DH was struggling to get a set date out of the concreter we booked & paid a deposit for 6 months ago. When DH rand him to cancel out of frustration, DH was polite about it.  He didn’t vent his frustration. Concreter said ok, I can do it Monday.
The concreter turned up as promised on Monday.  

DH has been happy with the work done and neighbour came over and asked for his details too.

On finishing the job today, DH had a long  chat with the Concreter.  Turns out he has terminal bowel cancer and ours is his last job.  He says he will be gone by March.  

Just goes to show, you just don’t know what people are dealing with.

Wow

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So sad, and so very true.

Yes, you never know, very sad 😔 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Cool.  I like the bottom much better.  

Thanks, We knew the moment we bought this house that we were going to change out that fireplace. It was just a matter of when. Getting the fire place done then started the remodel of the kitchen.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks great! I love the stone a lot.

The stones are gone, it would have been to hard to ever find stones to match the other ones to fill in that huge hole. It we filled it , it always would have seen that square in the center of the fireplace. It had to go.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It did not make sense to me.  I did not get what the story was about- the Seven Chapters.  To me, it was a bunch of random themes, dancing, acrobatics and the use of a lot of technology.  At times, it was like a circus, different things happening all over the stage and the screen at the same time.  It just all seemed disjointed to me.

On another note, Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac passed away yesterday.  She was 79 years old.  So sad.  It won’t be the same without her.  I’m glad we got to see them in concert in 2018.  

I knew about Christine. Fleetwood Mac was quite a super group and the sound won't be the same without her. Her song "Songbird" is so beautiful. However, I have to say it was Stevie that I was (am) infatuated with. I love her voice and pretty much everything about her.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It did not make sense to me.  I did not get what the story was about- the Seven Chapters.  To me, it was a bunch of random themes, dancing, acrobatics and the use of a lot of technology.  At times, it was like a circus, different things happening all over the stage and the screen at the same time.  It just all seemed disjointed to me.

She ,in my opinion was one of the best singers of all time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I agree, you summed it up well.  We didn't even make it thru the whole hour.

• Like 1

As of tonight, we are both going on our cruise leaving Sunday.

I have been very busy at work getting things done before I'm off next week.

Eric was busy making phone calls.  

I think his deciding factor was based on the fact his Brother didn't show up for his scheduled appt. Yesterday to identify the body and complete the forms required for her cremation.  

Eric learned this morning when funeral home called asking when someone would be there.   Uggh!  

Eric said he will go on cruise as long as we go to Chops at least one night and we can get a driver as he doesn't feel like driving.  No problem Sir😃

Chris will drive us up to Cape Liberty then we will probably arrange a car service for ride home the following Sunday.

Happy cruiser here😀😀😀

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As of tonight, we are both going on our cruise leaving Sunday.

I have been very busy at work getting things done before I'm off next week.

Eric was busy making phone calls.  

I think his deciding factor was based on the fact his Brother didn't show up for his scheduled appt. Yesterday to identify the body and complete the forms required for her cremation.  

Eric learned this morning when funeral home called asking when someone would be there.   Uggh!  

Eric said he will go on cruise as long as we go to Chops at least one night and we can get a driver as he doesn't feel like driving.  No problem Sir😃

Chris will drive us up to Cape Liberty then we will probably arrange a car service for ride home the following Sunday.

Happy cruiser here😀😀😀

Im so happy you guys are going on the cruise. You will not regret it. I say go to Chops every night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Today is our 53rd wedding anniversary.  Just doesn't seem possible.  Jack and I spent the day going to some of our favorite shops, had a delicious 2 glass Moscato relaxing Italian lunch.  Just enjoying being with each other made it a perfect anniversary.  I couldn't ask for a better one.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie so glad you and Eric both will be cruising very soon.  Time to relax, de-stress, rejuvenate and just.....be.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is our 53rd wedding anniversary.  Just doesn't seem possible.  Jack and I spent the day going to some of our favorite shops, had a delicious 2 glass Moscato relaxing Italian lunch.  Just enjoying being with each other made it a perfect anniversary.  I couldn't ask for a better one.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie so glad you and Eric both will be cruising very soon.  Time to relax, de-stress, rejuvenate and just.....be.

Mazel Tov Bonnie and Jack

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1