Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some random pics while leaving the pier. 

20230429-1_161510.thumb.jpg.b014fbca9ea119497535130c8ec33a57.jpg

20230429-2_161301.thumb.jpg.62b7828f00c6ed12b5d8110582d3140f.jpg

20230429-3_164125.thumb.jpg.baea84d7468aa159e7a60a4996b4f6b2.jpg

We had a fun Lyft back to the hotel.   We were picked up in a Tesla.   We were talking to the driver about how we heard they accelerate quickly.  He stepped on it and in seconds we were going 95mph... 

Nice photos especially of you and your dear wife.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Proud mom today.  My oldest son (43) decided to go back to school and finally finish his degree.  Today he graduates from the University of Michigan. I'm proud of him to go back as an adult as it's not easy to do.  Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Congratulations to your son on his graduation.

congratulations-congrats.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I am retiring in 2 months.  I have several goals and one is to go through 45 years of pictures and make each kid a photo book and maybe several more of vacations and cruises.  Scanning In pictures seems like it will be a lot of work but I want to do this project for my kids.  It will mean a new desk top. Right now all those photos are in a giant tub. 

I also have boxes with pictures!  DH and I have been married for 51 years, and have 3 daughters.  I do have albums of when they were little, then life (softball games, basketball games, etc took up so much of our time, that boxes began to appear🤨  When our first grandchild arrived 21 years ago, I was determined to make albums.  Two years after Erin was born, Chris arrived...two years later, Meghan and Ava arrived.  Lets make it two more years, when Jack arrived.  You get the picture😉 Another 2 years, and Ryan was born,  Last but not least, William arrived when Ryan was 2 years old.  Getting back to the baby albums, there are 4 of Erin; 2 of Chris, and 1 for each of our other grandchildren.  I realized I really had to get back to the baby albums, especially since the kids love looking at their own.  Because, of course, I have a box with their pictures, also.  One of these days!  One of these days I'll get back to my watercolor painting, etc.  

Congratulations on your retirement in 2 months.  Welcome to the Retirement Club (we're really busy!😉)

• Like 8

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Proud mom today.  My oldest son (43) decided to go back to school and finally finish his degree.  Today he graduates from the University of Michigan. I'm proud of him to go back as an adult as it's not easy to do.  Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Congratulations to your son!!!🎓

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

🤣

IMG_6086.thumb.jpeg.9bab4d94e95b0bc00017041566644947.jpeg

He is precious, Mark!

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

@h20skibum

Here is ours he was only a few weeks old 🤣

FB_IMG_1544145563780.thumb.jpg.69969fc76c44ef6e04f952b70309c1ff.jpg

Beautiful grandchildren, April!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our youngest granddaughter has one of the leads in Annie, the school play.  Last night was her first one and tonight she performs.  They are all so cute!IMG_7203.thumb.jpeg.275ebd3e7242204abce619e5a739ad67.jpeg

Congratulations, Marietta and Charlie!  This picture is adorable!  Your granddaughter is going to shine!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm sure that John will post quite a bit, I won't be doing a live but I will try to post but definitely not doing a live. 

I

Safe travels, Ken!  Enjoy your cruise!!🛳️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yucky rainy day here.    I finished putting together all the ingredients for classic beef stew in dutch oven on the stovetop.    Smells delicious and I just started cooking it.   Going to serve in a couple of hours with a loaf of sourdough bread (a favorite in our house).

Here too,  The pounding rain is unreal!!!  The past 3 days have been so cold, so damp, and so wet!!!  Same for you guys, I know!  We're supposed to get some sun possibly in the morning, then rain almost the entire week.  Good grief!

On a brighter note, our DD went to Cape May for the weekend, and Saturday cleared up, giving her a nice afternoon and evening!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

So my brother and I did a thing this weekend. 

After my Dad passed, my wife and I took my Mom to Ireland in 2015, where we spread Dad’s ashes at the Rock of Cashel, Gougane Barra, Connor Pass, and the Cliffs of Moher.  They traveled to Ireland 6-7 times and loved going to that magical country.  In the years since I promised Mom that when the time came, we’d spread her ashes in the same spots.  Mom was 1/4 Irish, but anyone who knows anything knows that means she may as well have been 99%.  

So Thursday evening, my brother and I jumped on a red eye from Seattle to Dublin.  Hopped in a rental car, and spent two days driving through Ireland to spread Mom’s ashes.  We gave her some beautiful views of her favorite place on earth.

Now on a plane headed back to Seattle.  But we did it.  Mom and Dad are together forever in Ireland.  She’s home.

94D226E6-C671-4A28-9017-7977D1DEC371.thumb.jpeg.86b978df65dc4e96c030a5467d20a078.jpeg

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.  She and your Dad are now together forever.  God Bless!❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Keksie Beautiful waterfall!

@FromSea2ShiningSeaOnce again, beautiful pictures, Helen!  It looks like an awesome vacation so far!

When Jim was in Viet Nam, he was in the tanks.  The pictures of the Army 

Museum reminded me of the World War II Museum in New Orleans.  One day 

in that Museum was not enough to see everything, and they were still adding on

back in 2012 when we were there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

After my Dad passed, my wife and I took my Mom to Ireland in 2015, where we spread Dad’s ashes at the Rock of Cashel, Gougane Barra, Connor Pass, and the Cliffs of Moher.  They traveled to Ireland 6-7 times and loved going to that magical country.  In the years since I promised Mom that when the time came, we’d spread her ashes in the same spots.  Mom was 1/4 Irish, but anyone who knows anything knows that means she may as well have been 99%.  

So Thursday evening, my brother and I jumped on a red eye from Seattle to Dublin.  Hopped in a rental car, and spent two days driving through Ireland to spread Mom’s ashes.  We gave her some beautiful views of her favorite place on earth.

Now on a plane headed back to Seattle.  But we did it.  Mom and Dad are together forever in Ireland.  She’s home.

94D226E6-C671-4A28-9017-7977D1DEC371.thumb.jpeg.86b978df65dc4e96c030a5467d20a078.jpeg

Beautiful story 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

That is so cool. I'm sure she is smiling down on you. It will be a place you can visit again with fond memories of a life well lived.

@DaniDanielle Sorry I missed the original post. Congratulations to you and Charlie!

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I too love seeing photos of your walks around the city.  I often pull up Google Maps and follow along, trying to find the same vantage point where you took your photos.  It's sort of like virtually being there.

Do you track the length of your walks?  Seems like they are always several miles long.

Oh wow. Love that you use google maps.  No, we know in advance how long the walk should take and neither of us count steps.  Yes, we do like to walk a decent length.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

That is impressive.  Congratulations to your son.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Having a lot of weather today.  Had a tornado touch down in Palm Beach Gardens, less than a mile from our home yesterday afternoon.  And now, we are under a tornado warning again,

And the rains are here now,   but it is not as dark as it was yesterday.

Hope nothing came of that Tornado warning.  Stay safe.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

So far she is 😀

It was a great game. Any time the Rangers win is a good game. 

However, the Rangers are going to have to find another good luck charm. The cost of playoff tickets is high enough but add in the train tickets, parking at the train station, dinner, pre-game drinks, in-game drinks, post-game drinks, snacks, it adds up quickly. Despite the cold rain, we made an entire city day of it 

Today is TV watching day. Bouncing back and forth between  Babylon Berlin & The Crown, both on Netflix. I guess I'm in the mood for period pieces. 

• Like 3

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

Hope nothing came of that Tornado warning.  Stay safe.

None reported today.  Yesterday was unusually  strong EF2, winds 130 MPH. National weather service examines the damage and estimates the strength.  Bunch of property damage, but no injuries. Roofs ripped off, cars flipped over.

No damage in our neighborhood.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

May both Mom and Dad rest in peace together. 💞🙏 Hopefully this will bring you and your Brother peace and happiness knowing they are once again together.  

You must be exhausted after the last couple of days.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@George C Enjoy the game!

DH and I will be watching it in our family room.

Wave to the camera and we will wave back!😉

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Very hard to enjoy a game when your team losses 15-2 , loads of Yankees jerseys , the most common one was 99 for Judge who is on the disable list. I attended many games in my lifetime don’t recall them losing this bad . But weather was perfect and seats were good. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I wrote all those details down and will map it out.  We’ll be in Sydney for a week next year and I’d like to find some inexpensive things to do as well as the tours to the Blue Mountains and bridge and opera house.

Lots of stunning walks in Sydney.

1. Ferry to Manly - walk up to North Head then onto Shelley Beach and back to Manly Corso and Manly Wharf.

2. Ferry to Taronga Zoo Wharf and walk to Balmoral Beach.  Bus back to Sydney city.

3.  Ferry to Cremorne Point walk to Taronga Zoo and ferry back to Circular Quay.

4. Ferry to Rose Bay and do The Hermitage Foreshore walk and retraces your steps to return to Rose Bay Wharf for return trip to Circular Quay.

5. Walk from Darling Harbour to Barangaroo, around the Barangaroo foreshore park, past the finger wharves of Walsh Bay, directly under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, along the boardwalk of the Park Hyatt Hotel then walk either in front or behind the OPT (depending if a ship is in) and back to Circular Quay.

6. Walk from Circular Quay to the Opera House, walk right around outside of the Opera House, through the Botanical Gardens, take the Art Gallery NSW exit, explore the brand new Art Gallery (free entry - lots of Aboriginal art work - if interested), exit Art Gallery, walk through The Domain Park, it’s next to the State Library.  Free entry, nice small Gallery upstairs worth a look, then you have a short walk back to Circular Quay.

7. Ferry to Watsons Bay, walk along the beach and then do the headland loop and walk back to the samd ferry wharf for return journey.

8. Ferry to Milsons Point, a few steps to the entrance of Luna Park  follow the boardwalk on the outside of Luna Park around to Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden.  No charge to wander this beautiful small garden.  Retrace your steps, walk under the Harbour Bridge and there is a nice area on the waterfront directly opposite the Sydney Opera House where you can sit and soak up the stunning views. Take short walk directly back up to Milsons Point Station. Right next to the station entrance is the stairway that leads you up to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, you can then walk across the bridge.  3/4 the way along is the Pylon lookout.  For a small fee, there is a small museum inside and a stunning view from the top of the pylon.  Exit the pylon lookout and it’s a short walk down to The Rocks area and back to Circular Quay.

Bondi Beach to Coogee Walk.

Royal Botanical Gardens Sydney have a free daily guided walk as well as specific walks for a small fee that are worth doing.

Museum of Contemporary Art is located right next to the OPT and is free entry.  Worth a look if that interests you.(there are also paid exhibits).  

Have a look at Time Out Sydney online. They promote all the free and paid activities throughout the year in Sydney.

Hope that helps 😀

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4