Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been married 42 years but today was 44 years since we got engaged.

Dinner tonight.

I forgot to photo Pauline's haddock and chips.

IMG_20231006_181405.jpg

IMG_20231006_181408.jpg

IMG_20231006_185040.jpg

You are quite the Romantic, Graham!  Happy Engagement Anniversary to you and Pauline!❤️🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How many days do you suggest we stay in London, Dave?

Seriously going to have to get there next year!  I'm thinking of including a trip to 
Venice, as well....especially after seeing Debbie's pictures, as well as Dani's when she visited and posted her photos!

London can easily take 3 days unless you really want to knock youself out. The London Tower alone took up half a day and I had to leave before I was ready as I had plans to meet up with my brother and other family members.

Venice is such a unique place on earth. You should definitely go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Seriously going to have to get there next year!  I'm thinking of including a trip to 
Venice, as well....especially after seeing Debbie's pictures, as well as Dani's when she visited and posted her photos!

We only stayed 4 days.  That wasn't close to enough.  We had 8 days total in the UK and I split them between London and Glasgow, 4 days each.  I'm planning a big trip in 2026 for my 60 birthday hopefully full retirement. I'm hoping to do a TA with some time in the Uk and then follow it up with another week on a cruise out of Southhampton.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Maryann.

If you tour Europe I would suggest an absolute minimum of 3 nights  for London and 2 nights for Venice.

2 nights for Barcelona and 3 nights for Rome.

3 nights for Paris.

They are all wonderful cities.

We stayed 3 nights in the London Ritz hotel 9 years ago for our 33rd wedding anniversary and 5 nights in Paris for our honeymoon in 1981.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I tend to agree with what OB, Dave, and Graham said about time to spend in London.  There is so much to do and see.   We were there three days, after a cruise from Southampton.  

You know that Susan and I are both big walkers, and we walked everywhere in London.  I just looked back at the trip report I did, and we walked 20 miles our first day there.   If you want to read about just the London part of the trip, it starts on page 10 of this link.

Although this was four years ago, I recognize some familiar posters from Dani’s thread that followed along.

One nice thing was we had a private tour post cruise with International Friends, that took us to Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, and Windsor Castle and dropped us at our hotel in London.  Just these sites would take up a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stomach issues have returned. Severe cramping. Went to doctors and got same abdomen x-rays. He thinks I have a bad stomach virus. I was feeling better but ate a regular breakfast this morning and it blew up on me again. Not to be gross but we think my lymph nodes in my left side groin have gotten inflamed as that’s where it is most painful. No meds for a virus just rest and bland foods. I need for this to go sway I have a cruise in two weeks.

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Stomach issues have returned. Severe cramping. Went to doctors and got same abdomen x-rays. He thinks I have a bad stomach virus. I was feeling better but ate a regular breakfast this morning and it blew up on me again. Not to be gross but we think my lymph nodes in my left side groin have gotten inflamed as that’s where it is most painful. No meds for a virus just rest and bland foods. I need for this to go sway I have a cruise in two weeks.

Well that is no fun.  Prayers that you get all better really fast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, that is awful for you.  Charlie has been sick all week, finally felt better yesterday and now has all different symptoms.  I give up!

Yes it’s frustrating as I thought I was better now back to square one.

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Thank you so much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, that is awful for you.  Charlie has been sick all week, finally felt better yesterday and now has all different symptoms.  I give up!

Prayers for Charlie to get all better.  Too many people are having health issues right now.  Sigh.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh, I am so sorry you are still dealing with this pain. 😞

• Like 2

21 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu Could you make a schnitzel-ish dish using a thin cut of beef?  Kind of like our Southern country fried steak.

@helen haywood

Marian, I wish... No much cattle for meat raised here. Mostly imported, and if imported, it has to be "kosher". The "kosher" process is not "conducive" to a tender meat....

21 hours ago, helen haywood said:

And kuddos to your DH on the yummy brownies!!  Makes me want to scoop up some vanilla ice cream!!

Kuddos for DH for the pictures... I take the whole "responsibility" for the yummi brownies, and, YES, vanilla ice cream is a MUST 😉

20 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Awesome pictures Helen!!  Love the cloud "castle" on Castle Rd.

@FromSea2ShiningSea

Helen, + 1 , agree in both counts, thanks 🌹

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Luckynana  Maryann,

Definitely go to "our" hotel in Venice 😎

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

You are quite the Romantic, Graham!  Happy Engagement Anniversary to you and Pauline!❤️🥂

@grapau27

Graham,  + 1  💐

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

+ 1, Charlie @DaniDanielle  & Greg @Sea Dog

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Best of luck, hopefully you will be 100 percent healthy soon and can enjoy a kranken or two before your cruise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George C said:

Best of luck, hopefully you will be 100 percent healthy soon and can enjoy a kranken or two before your cruise.

Thanks looks like bananas, dry toast and chicken noodle soup will be my meals for awhile.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I hope Charlie feels better soon.  Frustrating that he can't catch a break.  Take care of yourself too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks looks like bananas, dry toast and chicken noodle soup will be my meals for awhile.

Often times people start eating foods too soon after they start to feel better and things flair back up. You have to go slowly. And... lay off the Kraken.😉😇

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

8/23 Holyhead, Wales

IMG_8792.thumb.jpeg.b2882f5a636d9cbf9e534dbb8c698567.jpeg

Caenarrfon Castle was constructed and commissioned in 1283 not only as a military stronghold but also as a seat of government and royal palace.

IMG_8861.thumb.jpeg.e8dfcfd3d0d4398b7f27427991d1d0d5.jpeg

Gylderau- a picturesque mountain range in Northern Wales

IMG_8883.thumb.jpeg.51643e4ed32c05a294399b429756f442.jpeg

Snowdonia National Park

IMG_8905.thumb.jpeg.def533348482ab847b4a8821ef4b51fb.jpeg

IMG_8907.thumb.jpeg.70ad617eaf7d55a1e6710308f78383b1.jpeg

Heather

IMG_8903.thumb.jpeg.e425e6ae2e18cc506269b3d543ac792f.jpeg

Right in the center of Snowdonia National Park is the “capital”, Betws-Y-Coed (prayer-house in the woods), a fairy-tale town with many shops, cafes, pubs and locals.  There is also a railroad station behind the shops.

IMG_8991.thumb.jpeg.61016786de9d93199a0087a226bf3279.jpeg

IMG_8986.thumb.jpeg.adb2027eb90badf3aa5fd0434dc030b0.jpeg

St. Michael’s Old Church

IMG_8965.thumb.jpeg.0ad8ecc03b4222f01c110dc43a17d8af.jpeg

IMG_8968.thumb.jpeg.b820ee6146852814bb98d062f8f87c13.jpeg

IMG_8970.thumb.jpeg.9344200daa8034aad8bc5ce48bcfd0e1.jpeg

Conwy Castle

IMG_9006.thumb.jpeg.ed931d7364f46ebe83d2b3367f7370d6.jpeg

IMG_9022.thumb.jpeg.7ec28ab89e25eb5669b08927121d9d6b.jpeg

UK’s longest place name- one of the longest town names in the world

IMG_9067.thumb.jpeg.01d9b2eaad80c9a0721184e15244b247.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Often times people start eating foods too soon after they start to feel better and things flair back up. You have to go slowly. And... lay off the Kraken.😉😇

Yeah no drinking tonight for me while watching this weeks Below Deck. I really thought I was getting over it and went back to regular breakfast and boy was that a mistake.

One thing I did not realize is that there are lymph nodes in the groin area. Mine must be inflamed as they are really painful and swollen. The only thing that is helping is a heating pad on my stomach and left side groin area.

• Like 4