Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/25/2024 at 2:36 AM, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Lenny.

sympathy_sorry_for_your_loss_three_reflecting_candles.gif

Thank you so very much ,Graham.My god daughters father was my best man at my wedding .He died when she was 5 years old.His wife had a mental breakdown and there was no one to take care of the little girl.Toby and I took care of her till her mother got well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 6:42 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Sincere condolences to your god-daughter.

I have a series to recommend to you.I was going to post this a few days ago but I was not on line.

It is called Boat Story,one season ,6 episodes.A mainly British cast ,a few French people but it is unlike any show ever on TV previously.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:40 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally!  Maybe this time it’s for real.  We are getting ready to board our flight to Japan after 6 attempts at visiting there since 2019.  Each time, it was cancelled because of chartered, changed ships, COVID, and lift and shifts.  But we stuck with it, hoping someday it would happen.  So, here we are, finally, 2024.  I am feeling nervous and excited.  We will be on a 2 week adventure on our own before boarding the Celebrity Millennium for a 12-Night cruise around Japan.  I am really excited about sharing this trip with you all.

IMG_8963.thumb.jpeg.6b1a85406642193cff71b29a66f7eba5.jpeg

IMG_8965.thumb.jpeg.db478f0a1481b02adbba469168061542.jpeg

Safe travels, Gary really wants to visit Japan,  hopefully I'll pick up some hints and tips from you

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Our cruise is in 39 days and I wanted to print out the luggage tags but can't find them to print.  Where are they hiding them these days?  

Last page of your cruise docs....if the docs have arrived. Or on the samepage as your Set Sail Pass if not greyed out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a series to recommend to you.I was going to post this a few days ago but I was not on line.

It is called Boat Story,one season ,6 episodes.A mainly British cast ,a few French people but it is unlike any show ever on TV previously.

Oh, haven’t heard of that one.  Will have to look it up.  Thanks

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

IMG_1283.thumb.jpeg.81f013659dd165f443d1fd3f0ddbe367.jpeg

I recently discovered one of our local supermarkets sells Krispy Kreme’s.  This is NOT a good thing.  I have to restrict myself to shopping there once a week because OMG.  Haven’t had a Krispy Kreme in years prior to this discovery.  The supermarket has the best calorie loaded varieties too 🤤

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Our cruise is in 39 days and I wanted to print out the luggage tags but can't find them to print.  Where are they hiding them these days?  

Mine is 33 days and still no cruise docs or luggage tags.

Is this normal?

5 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The bridge collapse is so tragic.  Unreal how fast that entire bridge went down after the pillar was taken out.  Thank God for the MayDay call, I wonder how many lives were saved by that.  Still shocked by the whole thing.  Sad day for sure.

+ 1.  Very tragic.  Thoughts go out to the families impacted.

The weekend I fly back from Alaska, DH wants to do a brand new 20km bushwalk that has just opened up in the Blue Mountains.  I read the link he sent me,  where it is suggested you do the walk in two stages with an overnight in beautiful Leura which sounds ideal.  Nope, DH wants to do the full 20km walk in one day.  Me “but I need to go slow for photos!” plus I love Leura…I’ll have to convince him. 

Either way, looks like I’ll be using the stairs to Deck 14 on the cruise to keep my fitness up.  I already plan to walk the entire sea wall perimeter of Stanley Park in Vancouver on the morning I fly in from Sydney.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The weekend I fly back from Alaska, DH wants to do a brand new 20km bushwalk that has just opened up in the Blue Mountains.  I read the link he sent me,  where it is suggested you do the walk in two stages with an overnight in beautiful Leura which sounds ideal.  Nope, DH wants to do the full 20km walk in one day.  Me “but I need to go slow for photos!” plus I love Leura…I’ll have to convince him. 

Either way, looks like I’ll be using the stairs to Deck 14 on the cruise to keep my fitness up.  I already plan to walk the entire sea wall perimeter of Stanley Park in Vancouver on the morning I fly in from Sydney.

Lol where I'm moving I have my eyes on a nature preserve. 4.8 miles in, 4.8 miles out. That's too far for me, I'll have to build up to see the rest of the preserve. I'm looking for birds. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol where I'm moving I have my eyes on a nature preserve. 4.8 miles in, 4.8 miles out. That's too far for me, I'll have to build up to see the rest of the preserve. I'm looking for birds. 

You know I love birds.  Please share photos if you happen to take any when you visit after your move.   That’s a good distance each way.  I took Max on a 4km one way walk last weekend and got DH to collect us, thinking 4km would be enough for Max.  Nope, he started barking and wanted to keep going.  So, he is getting 8km walks,  a couple of times,  this Easter weekend.

• Like 5

Day 2.  So after checking out of the hotel yesterday, we headed out to the Osaka Station to find the platform where our Nozomi - Japan’s super fastest bullet train will take us to Hiroshima.  We got reserved seats for the 9:02AM train so we had to make sure we get on the right car.  It’s 200 miles to Hiroshima and it took less than 1 1/2 hours from the Osaka Station to get to the Hiroshima Station (It was still rainy).  From there, we took a local train to get to the JR Miyajima Ferry to take us over to Miyajima.  The clouds were started to lift by now and we could see glimpse of blue sky.  

The ferry that ferried us over to Miyajima.  The O-Torii Gate is to the left of the picture.
IMG_9015.thumb.jpeg.5d7bb55859221399fba3c56050b5a7cf.jpeg

The O-Torii Gate from the ferry 

IMG_9032.thumb.jpeg.2bce0a87b3995971903be37e642eacaa.jpeg

Made it to Miyajima.  We strolled through the town where many vendors are.  It was very packed with tourists.

IMG_9078.thumb.jpeg.42d23e489a7c577574168d511690acde.jpeg

Oysters is the popular food here because it is farmed here.

IMG_9080.thumb.jpeg.2be0f05d9d22fc53ae6d48efd9466484.jpeg

IMG_9083.thumb.jpeg.d655094d159bcf1b191604a336975c0c.jpeg

This was at near low tide at 3:15.  People started walking out to the gate.

IMG_9100.thumb.jpeg.9ee2bbd31eba2ede5b7ae84cd555e9f5.jpeg

IMG_9107.thumb.jpeg.978adbe1df4127171dd52129818f70ec.jpeg

Afterwards, we checked into our hotel- Miyajima Seaside Hotel.  Welcome to our humble abode

IMG_9182.thumb.jpeg.dd52cc9a312ecea08f3cd28bcae34645.jpeg

IMG_9187.thumb.jpeg.98a6bf21e1abd19507d2fd241a29bc91.jpeg

Looking out 

IMG_9189.thumb.jpeg.8365d1a1ccec0497de7a711190ee9e58.jpeg

The view from our room window 

IMG_9185.thumb.jpeg.5adce2d3820c55bc95b4e5a084d935e5.jpeg

Our dinner at the hotel 

IMG_9204.thumb.jpeg.9ba6d75fc5f72edac8640e06b0665409.jpeg

During your dinner, your room is set up for bedtime.

IMG_9241.thumb.jpeg.3da2ffcd690831b834fcd242d88f78eb.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9