Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen I am loving your trip report so much and am glad you didn’t go further with that climb!!  We wouldn’t that nasty Merve to make an appearance 😉!  My DS is planning a trip to Japan sometime in 2025 so I will share with him!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen I am loving your trip report so much and am glad you didn’t go further with that climb!!  We wouldn’t that nasty Merve to make an appearance 😉!  My DS is planning a trip to Japan sometime in 2025 so I will share with him!

Jennifer, that’s what I was afraid of - trip and fall on my face or slip and fall on my butt.  That would kill my back for sure and  Merv would be very upset and be inflamed with anger.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We found hardly any cherry blossoms 🌸 Perhaps a little early and a bit cold still.  But we did find this one that blossomed amongst the others in a little cherry tree orchard.

IMG_9362.thumb.jpeg.f903808219ffe1ee14512a844fb2d946.jpeg

IMG_9357.thumb.jpeg.be15458d77ce65685a45f178e10ae195.jpeg

IMG_9368.thumb.jpeg.3cbcc7f4351b3c5158fbc43df7f8c638.jpeg

IMG_9372.thumb.jpeg.f0de2f2eca28445a0b2585e8c97b9237.jpeg

IMG_9373.thumb.jpeg.1a4c5e0ad022166a79a6473e7406e0ec.jpeg

IMG_9374.thumb.jpeg.ac4b819df70deaf5bdfc1691a1c14204.jpeg

IMG_9377.thumb.jpeg.e1e752888508368c890adf93dba1c393.jpeg

Beautiful.  That hike would have done me in.  

• Like 3

I was saddened to learn of former Senator Joe Lieberman's death.  His daughter is married to Jack's cousin.  We were invited to the wedding, but we knew Jack would be unavailable traveling out of town. We were already living in TX and I didn't want to attend the wedding in CT alone.  It was a full weekend of activities.  I often wonder who I would have met had I gone. 🤔

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was saddened to learn of former Senator Joe Lieberman's death.  His daughter is married to Jack's cousin.  We were invited to the wedding, but we knew Jack would be unavailable traveling out of town. We were already living in TX and I didn't want to attend the wedding in CT alone.  It was a full weekend of activities.  I often wonder who I would have met had I gone. 🤔

His wife’s first husband Gordon Tucker was the Rabbi of a NY synagogue where many of my relatives are members.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jeopardy has two categories.... cruise lines and ports of call.

I thought, “Well!  I’m going to do well here!”  However, as you know the Cruise Lines category was not what I’d expected… 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Day 3- 3/27 con’t

This day’s adventure is to hike the Mt. Misen Trail.  
IMG_9321.thumb.jpeg.ca29e4f73b44c5048a0c9d737ed7bd8a.jpeg

This trail is a 535 meter elevation climb to the top.  The equivalent of 105 floors.  Yikes.  Not sure what I’m in for.  It starts off easy enough. 
IMG_9325.thumb.jpeg.531f7a8d3b453a0875790914ce592d83.jpeg

It increasingly gets harder.  The path is dry in some spots but wet in most because of rain and water rain offs.  The stepping stones below looks pretty even and low but they get taller and steeper.

IMG_9329.thumb.jpeg.993d70fa9c2a5ee382b47373e5d4899d.jpeg

IMG_9330.thumb.jpeg.71e02a44c57f4351833cfb642a1e016c.jpeg

IMG_1401.thumb.jpeg.ab83240d7c826197ff750b036b7046a1.jpeg

Wish I have a picture of the steepness of the stepping stones and of the climb but at this point about half way up, I don’t want to do it anymore.  I don’t want my back killing me afterwards so the next bench we find, I’ll just sit there and wait for DH to finish the hike.  Good thing because DH said the last half of the climb is so much more challenging.  I would be so frustrated.  

IMG_9327.thumb.jpeg.38bdad7a25158a6c26912743d87aa1c5.jpeg

IMG_9328.thumb.jpeg.80af70b09e6bb67f82fb558f62269a72.jpeg

He made it to the top.  That is a view of Hiroshima .

IMG_1388.thumb.jpeg.61823c8c1aa7343da8c2bfb70e89b85e.jpeg

IMG_1389.thumb.jpeg.ccc9a90cd033428d139a1f35bd8472fc.jpeg

Some waterfalls along the trail on the way up.
IMG_9337.thumb.jpeg.0e5bdd944afdc8c87f34c8bb2b55e124.jpeg

IMG_9344.thumb.jpeg.5b7a6b14d8c1b7a01770e0f7d3c6b8b7.jpeg

IMG_9350.thumb.jpeg.0c3a760bef04d80f4f20cf91dd96c44d.jpeg

Beautiful pictures.  What a fantastic journey you are having

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Totally understandable that you wouldn't want to travel long distance & attend a wedding solo. However, it would have been interesting and cool to see what public figures would be there & how they acted at a private event.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS1 asked his dad for a hanger.

He got two.... (I prefer the first one 😉)

image.thumb.jpeg.18b46bedb0b83ed16ab0ccf3437666ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.785b1e08ab4481d2497d35d70140cf06.jpeg

The "kid" is happy 😎

Both are really good but I too prefer the first one. I have a friend who does funky things with old silverware she sells it at local fairs and trade shows. She does quite well actually.

Edited by #55worktoplay
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

25 minutes to Survivof.

don't get it, why the one voted off didn't use the immunity they found? I haven't watch Survivor in awhile. I forget how and when do you use i

I like Amazing Race better anyway, the places and scenery  they go to is amazing!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS1 asked his dad for a hanger.

He got two.... (I prefer the first one 😉)

image.thumb.jpeg.18b46bedb0b83ed16ab0ccf3437666ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.785b1e08ab4481d2497d35d70140cf06.jpeg

The "kid" is happy 😎

I prefer the first one. Clean and elegant. Second one does have a "crazy & funky" appeal. Definitely a conversation starter. 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Wish I have a picture of the steepness of the stepping stones and of the climb but at this point about half way up,

Funny things about taking a picture of a steep hiking trail, it never appears anywhere near as steep as it is in real life.

Same with ski slopes. After skiing down what feels like a cliff, turn around to take a picture & it looks like a gentle incline in the picture.

Fantastic pictures as always.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our entire province has been given a PA Day for grade and high school students. Only a small sliver of our province is in the zone of greatest eclipse viewing zone but they all get it. Meanwhile they could be at home, while their parents are at work, and stare at the sun. Makes on sense to me.  Maybe as I get older I’ll understand it better. 😉

I remember being in elementary school & class project was to build a eclipse viewer using an old shoe box and tin foil.

Despite my viewer looking exactly like everyone else's, the only thing I ever saw was the inside of a box.  Operator error, I guess.😒

Still, it was a thrill to  be outside instead of inside a classroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning.

It is breezy and a misty rain but I still had a nice bacon bap and coffee overlooking the North sea.

I hope everyone is safe and well this morning and y'all have a fantastic day.

IMG_20240328_084511.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I thought, “Well!  I’m going to do well here!”  However, as you know the Cruise Lines category was not what I’d expected… 😆

It was disappointing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Totally understandable that you wouldn't want to travel long distance & attend a wedding solo. However, it would have been interesting and cool to see what public figures would be there & how they acted at a private event.

Probably behave more maturely in private than they do in Washington.

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same with ski slopes. After skiing down what feels like a cliff, turn around to take a picture & it looks like a gentle incline in the picture.

That is especially true with night skiing. At night Black Diamonds look like bunny trails.

• Haha 1

Cocoa beach where I WAS looking. I thought the backside of cocoa beach where you face the banana river is a nice area. This one has every amenity, rv and boat parking is a biggie. Billiards. My cousin and real estate agent both pushing me to buy a pool table, no thanks. My cousin even said I should host a party once a week and he would maybe come up to see me lol. I for sure dont want the obligation of a weekly party. And of course the pool and shuffle board and all the normal things. Mine has a library I really like. The same banana river is what I look out to, except it a much wider river by the time it goes past my new condo.

Problem is this one is only 1305 sf, bigger but not big enough and I think HOA $860, pushing that 1k mark hard. My hoa includes wifi and tv from spectrum. A lot in miami hoa include electricity is why hoa in Miami . I really looked hard for something big enough with a reasonable hoa, just never found it. I wanted to stay in cape Canaveral or cocoa beach. 

This is the banana river view and condo has TV and boat parking. I really liked this area better just not the size of the units and hoa. I'd just call it deep water side of the island like they do in texas. I'd have preferred this location. More tucked away. 

20240327_175331212.jpeg

20240327_175250782.jpeg

• Like 6