Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Yesterday was a beautiful day for a hike.  It has been a while since we have been on a nature trail. Somehow, when I change up the type of terrain, I find muscles that haven’t been getting a workout. 

The turtles were out sunning.  

IMG_0844.thumb.jpeg.24339faadd4559b1a8efc61e892b3104.jpeg

IMG_0843.thumb.jpeg.9a7df4ab1f522832638816229b7ac037.jpeg

After the heavy, all day rain we had the other day, I expected the trail to be muddy. 

IMG_0845.thumb.jpeg.8372589825a54ba7c192d8a94e2c4078.jpeg

The trail was pretty dry

This is the easy walking part

IMG_0848.thumb.jpeg.5a7eaa758eeb29f3ebe7728fc8b96fb9.jpeg

Stream was a little muddy.  

IMG_0847.thumb.jpeg.ce7955461641b08df933dd625419939d.jpeg

The falls were flowing full. 

IMG_0849.thumb.jpeg.1e802d708998dc7dc935bbaed07e5b46.jpeg

So, I guess I may need to do a few more of these if I want to do a 20km hike with @aussielozzie18  We did 10km on an afternoon walk, only stopping briefly for a couple photos, and it took us 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Pace is low when you need to watch for roots and rocks on the trail. 

Meanwhile, my daughter and her family went hiking about 25 miles from where we were.  

IMG_9388.thumb.jpeg.6935ca653390a26d36de94c1e6142f07.jpeg

I think I know where our next hike will be.   It looks beautiful there. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What surprises me is that you can buy a house with acerage for what to me seems very reasonable within 10 miles of PC. Lots of single family homes on water and canals. I saw one really nice one on 2 acres. I saw this price and clicked to see why the price was so high, the house looks ordinary. It's on 4.96 acres! This would have been a dream if I was younger to have more land so close to everything. I wouldnt want a pool though and almost every house seems to have a pool. 5 acres, house and pool. ..

They all come with pets too, alligators.😉😂

• Haha 12

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks why I am horrible with flowers. Everything I get I don’t water enough and it dies. We do more artificial flowers in our house than live ones.

So many different plants are toxic to pets that I don't allow any live ones in the house. I also never allowed any chemicals on the lawn as long as I had my previous dog. I'm pretty convinced that is partly why she lived to be 16 yo which is not common at all for a Weimaraner.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What surprises me is that you can buy a house with acerage for what to me seems very reasonable within 10 miles of PC. Lots of single family homes on water and canals. I saw one really nice one on 2 acres. I saw this price and clicked to see why the price was so high, the house looks ordinary. It's on 4.96 acres! This would have been a dream if I was younger to have more land so close to everything. I wouldnt want a pool though and almost every house seems to have a pool. 5 acres, house and pool. ..

20240329_153342343.jpeg

20240329_153447545.jpeg

That pool looks lovely.

Jane you should start real estate consulting! You have a great eye for it.

And talking about eye, good luck for your other eye surgery.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This set up & your dishes  looks very similar to The Test Kitchen on Virgin Voyages.  Except the menu - you get a description of each dish.  On VV you just get a single ingredient.

Test Kitchen sounds interesting.

Holland America had America's Test Kitchen and I really loved it. Only been on two (or three perhaps) HAL cruises and all on one ship. Best was the Cuba cruise. Their service can't be beat!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks why I am horrible with flowers. Everything I get I don’t water enough and it dies. We do more artificial flowers in our house than live ones.

I found out I was over watering....especially orchids. Till I read 3 ice cubes once a week and now they are doing OK.

Talking of orchids, haven't heard from ReneeFLL, the orchid (and Mary Francis) authority....Renee I was going to abbreviate Mary Francis, but thought otherwise. Hope you guys are on a wonderful cruise.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks about right to me.  Multiple courses with a little time and a little wine between courses means I'd be full.  Besides, I don't have the self-control to NOT overeat when they put huge portions in front of me.  Huge portion sizes are a part of the reason that we've got such an obesity problem in the US, and all of the other medical issues that go with that.

orsonwelles1-2x.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

I hope everyone has a peaceful Easter.

A random childhood Easter memory is of a small Portugese bakery in the town I lived in as a child,that made easter buns throughout the month. They were a different type, than the ones available here, and tasted like a mix between a christmas cake and Irish soda bread with raisins (sorry my anti raisin friends, Andrew and Bonnie🤩not your type of yum). The were actual individual buns, not like the "cake" buns with icing cross that I see at Publix. They were SO delicious!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

That pool looks lovely.

I've flipped houses for 50 years and agree I have a eye and a 6th sense for deals. I do think looking back later the ones I'm posting will be seen as deals. I have that entrepreneur push and have done all kinds of stuff, vending machines you name it to make a living outside a office. I somehow know what area will be picking up. .. this house being the exception. My dad wanted me within 5 minutes and I complied. I would have bought much further north had I been buying to make money. I have seen some great deals, which is why imo I said the market is kinda soft. Besides my MBA I've also done some PhD and MS work in taxes and various. I'm a numbers sequence type. Not sociable .. I need more social skills. I admit it. 

I've started on eye drops for the left eye 2 for 4 X a day. Right eye, 2 X 3 a day. Trying to space them out lol. On the down slope. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So many different plants are toxic to pets that I don't allow any live ones in the house. I also never allowed any chemicals on the lawn as long as I had my previous dog. I'm pretty convinced that is partly why she lived to be 16 yo which is not common at all for a Weimaraner.

The “Gray Ghost”  ❤️

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
correction

We bought seven more agapanthus last Monday to put in our front yard around our palm tree.  Tuesday, instead of planting them (my desire) DH was pruning our ornamental grasses.  And accidentally sliced his finger open with the shears.  Yikes!  Luckily it didn’t need stitches…just antiseptic ointment and bandaids.  But now the agapanthus are on the front porch waiting for him to heal.  Grrr.  However, Thursday afternoon we had hail!!!!  Good thing the agapanthus were not freshly planted!!

@Ocean Boy, Minnie will jump up on counters she knows she’s not allowed on…to eat flowers in an arrangement, I discovered soon after we brought her home.  So no more cut flowers in the house!!  Luckily I have bromeliads, hibiscus, peace lilies and hydrangeas on our lanai.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Ocean Boy, Minnie will jump up on counters she knows she’s not allowed on…to eat flowers in an arrangement, I discovered soon after we brought her home.  So no more cut flowers in the house!!  Luckily I have bromeliads, hibiscus, peace lilies and hydrangeas on our lanai.

Cats And Hydrangea PoisoningAccording to Pet Poison Hotline, cats will become poisoned by eating any part of the hydrangea plant. The toxic component of the hydrangea is called cyanogenic glycoside. The flowers, leaves, buds, and stalks all contain the poison, but the buds and leaves contain the most toxin.Apr 30, 2023

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

That pool looks lovely.

And to have the terminology I also took real estate courses including appraisal. Though you kinda know things it's good to hear it in words. Like for instance in a high rise condo complex every floor up might be worth $5k on the appraisal. 

That pool imo the value is in the 5 acres you would get for less than 100k a acre. Some day that average will be worth more. Imo. That close to water and the ocean. Central florida lots of land but I saw it in south florida as cities marched west into the Everglades. 

I've always done property and been guilty before of buying and having more than 1. I love real estate and actually do have a eye for deals. .. but deals only are great if you can use the property. There was a 2 bedroom for 145k a block from the ocean my fingers were itching for. Even needing work that was a deal. And yes I love to look, but those I've posted imo are good deals.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks why I am horrible with flowers. Everything I get I don’t water enough and it dies. 

Same here...

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Talking of orchids, haven't heard from ReneeFLL, the orchid (and Mary Francis) authority....Hope you guys are on a wonderful cruise.

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

************************************************************************************************************

.... and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here...

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

************************************************************************************************************

Very frustrating.

Oh no.  You need to get better!  Water, rest, meds and all the good thoughts from all of us!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. 

Hope all are safe and healthy. 

Just a little update. 

Since we will be cruising in 22 days ish, and I had my routine doctors appointment last week  He recommended a few things. 

1.  Two days before we travel start taking one pepto bismol pill in the evening and one in the morning. might help if you get lower noro virus reduce the outflow. 

2. Get the RSV vaccine. Yes I am of age and have a few health risks. 

So I listened and 8 days ago I got the vaccine. For the last 7 days I have had significant pain at the injection site, that I could not turn and lay on that arm. No other issues.  Now I am not a wimp. But wow it really was an attention getter. Today is the first day I woke up after sleeping soundly and when I opened my eyes I was on my right side where the vaccine was given in the upper arm. 

Also since I will be traveling to babysit, we are celebrating Easter dinner tonight. 

Keeping it simple. 
turkey

mash potatoes 

stuffin

Green bean casserole 

corn

cucumber salad. 

Be safe. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes I learned that lesson the hard way. I lost my first cat due to her eating a flower arrangement I had gotten that was on my kitchen table. She ended up having to be put down because I had no idea about flowers and their toxicity to pets. Now I don’t have any live flowers in the house.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I found out I was over watering....especially orchids. Till I read 3 ice cubes once a week and now they are doing OK.

Talking of orchids, haven't heard from ReneeFLL, the orchid (and Mary Francis) authority....Renee I was going to abbreviate Mary Francis, but thought otherwise. Hope you guys are on a wonderful cruise.

That’s interesting. I never heard of the ice cube trick.

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here...

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

Very frustrating.

I hope you feel better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I learned that lesson the hard way. I lost my first cat due to her eating a flower arrangement I had gotten that was on my kitchen table. She ended up having to be put down because I had no idea about flowers and their toxicity to pets. Now I don’t have any live flowers in the house.

Very sorry to read that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I had a potted orchid for about 6 years and gave it 5 ice cubes a week.  I guess it would depend on the size and container.   

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Very sorry to read that.

Yes it was heartbreaking. She was over 12 years old and I had a good life with her. I felt so guilty because had I known about the toxicity I could have had her for a few more years. She was my favorite cat. Chelsea used to love to jump up and lay on my shoulder blades. She literally would ride me me as I walked around my apartment. She was the sweetest cat ever.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Very frustrating.

Dani , I hope you feel better , soon .  Take care and rest .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1