Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We went to a couple of animal shelters looking for kittens, we will continue our search. Wife now wants to remodel one of our non primary bathrooms , I am thinking we could do a cruise in a penthouse for what this will cost us . 

I vote for cruise and kittens.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are onboard and unpacked. I always am so relieved when our bags show up after our flight and then again on the ship. We were impressed by the food in the buffet. Disappointed they don’t have the usual cheesy boarding photo op that I always buy. 😂

IMG_7590.thumb.jpeg.58a53cfb3f19c57f1b1da17f23610016.jpeg

IMG_7594.thumb.jpeg.2751c1d2f76dc00c15add68a38fbe8ac.jpeg

We liked that there isn’t many photographers on celebrity 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are onboard and unpacked. I always am so relieved when our bags show up after our flight and then again on the ship. We were impressed by the food in the buffet. Disappointed they don’t have the usual cheesy boarding photo op that I always buy. 😂

I hope you have a fabulous cruise with great weather.   Bon Voyage🍹

• Like 2

C03ACDEF-D14C-4CBB-8101-FBD6159ECDE3.thumb.jpeg.cdda94e95cd0571a1fe0bea9f099ef54.jpeg

Beautiful weather in Sydney yesterday.  We went to the Bastille Festival at Circular Quay.  We wandered the many food stalls outside customs house - I  enjoyed my dish of snails in garlic sauce, then we joined the long queues to purchase some yummy macarons, enjoyed some French wine, watched a French movie at the  outdoor cinema, whilst enjoying the muelled wine that was included in the ticket price. The balcony you can see in the photo is the OPT.5F20470F-3EBB-48A7-AF2E-6E7A11D68E64.thumb.jpeg.f4724d31d682b64181414623e3cd4fda.jpeg

Then watched some can can dancing on the main stage in First Fleet Park and I enjoyed some delicious Gnocchi with truffle and mushroom sauce from the many French food stalls there. We had  most enjoyable afternoon/evening.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was supposed to have my teeth extracted two days ago under General Anesthesia but it was postponed to July 30 since I have the ear infection.
It is tooth number 3 and the one next to it.I forgot to talk to the Dentist about my sinuses.Thanks for reminding me.

If they are going to just extract it there shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the implants that can mess with the sinuses as far as I know.

Has anyone had experience with Platelet Rich Plasma treatment for arthritic knee pain?  My neighbor has gotten a couple of treatments and feels it is helping.  He's trying to avoid/postpone TKR surgery (and so am I).  I don't believe it's covered by insurance.

53 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I’m jealous. 😁  I’ve been desperate for a cruise this month, but I have to wait till next month. Wasn’t sure how my knee was going to do so we didn’t book one. Enjoy your cruise. Let us know what you think of the balcony.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

We went to a couple of animal shelters looking for kittens, we will continue our search. Wife now wants to remodel one of our non primary bathrooms , I am thinking we could do a cruise in a penthouse for what this will cost us . 

I too vote Kittens and a cruise. We had a friend of ours get an estimate to remodel their bathroom. The remolding company wanted $30K. That is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!!

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A new series of Below deck Caribbean starts on Monday night on TV in the UK.

Sounds like Season 11 with Captain Kerry. I wonder why those episodes air later in the UK than they do here?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I too vote Kittens and a cruise. We had a friend of ours get an estimate to remodel their bathroom. The remolding company wanted $30K. That is ridiculous.

Have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!!

Sounds like Season 11 with Captain Kerry. I wonder why those episodes air later in the UK than they do here?

30k would be ok for master bathroom which we did a few years ago , but not a small bathroom. Has kitchen done last year , wife gets large bonus which covered the updates.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, George C said:

30k would be ok for master bathroom which we did a few years ago , but not a small bathroom. Has kitchen done last year , wife gets large bonus which covered the updates.

Nice! Thats the way to do it.

• Like 1

Current situation. 

Big city

Warren Ohio. 

Jimmy Buffet tribute band. 

“Fins to the Left”. 

Most of musicians were a part of original Jimmy Buffet Band. 

IMG_1243.thumb.jpeg.7c0a7a5ef074b7d71beade6125e4f1de.jpeg

80 degrees. 

Very Humid. 

Interesting start.

Power failure in Warren.

New restrooms electric flush   
No power. No flushy. 
Beer sales down. 

Those that are of the male species found a new purpose of Perkins Park. The neighboring tree filled area. Many a tree watered. 

Power restored. 
Concert in full swing. 
Beer sales strong. 

EXCELLENT SHOW. 

Be safe. 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Current situation. 

Big city

Warren Ohio. 

Jimmy Buffet tribute band. 

“Fins to the Left”. 

Most of musicians were a part of original Jimmy Buffet Band. 

IMG_1243.thumb.jpeg.7c0a7a5ef074b7d71beade6125e4f1de.jpeg

80 degrees. 

Very Humid. 

Interesting start.

Power failure in Warren.

New restrooms electric flush   
No power. No flushy. 
Beer sales down. 

Those that are of the male species found a new purpose of Perkins Park. The neighboring tree filled area. Many a tree watered. 

Power restored. 
Concert in full swing. 
Beer sales strong. 

EXCELLENT SHOW. 

Be safe. 

We almost joined you tonight.  We were talking about going, but would have missed the first half.  Enjoy the show.  They were great the last time we saw them. 

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Bon Voyage!🛳️  Let me know how you like the cabin with the window open...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

I love how we compare a home repair or renovation to a cruise.   I think most of us do this.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of the people in my Parkinson’s Support group highly recommended an ENT who I saw on Thursday.He treated the area and I feel so much better now.Thanks.Maryann.

That's great, Lenny!😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

If they are going to just extract it there shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the implants that can mess with the sinuses as far as I know.

Sometimes the roots of the upper teeth are so long that they can end up in the maxillary sinus. In that case manipulating the teeth can cause issues.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Bon Voyage!🛳️  Let me know how you like the cabin with the window open...

I am glad we tried it, because I was very curious. However, traditional balconies are better. We had the window open for a few minutes tonight, and soon discovered that the rest of the cabin was dripping with water from the humidity. Every surface was wet. It was pretty gross. It does help to keep the French doors closed, but still not ideal.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

How do you like that style balcony?

Edit: I just read your earlier assessment, thanks.

• Like 1