Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Rabbit 🐇  Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck to everyone on Dani's thread.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted for Dani,her family and her country's safety.

We went out for dinner last night.

I wish y'all a happy day and wonderful month of August.

IMG_20240731_185242.jpg

IMG_20240731_185230.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Am I the only one that can not sleep the night before a flight to a cruise?  Or a flight anywhere for that matter.

Nothing like 2 1/2 hours of sleep to make a person feel refreshed.  After taking a dinner break where Little Miss HBE4 made a slightly inappropriatly name but very delicious meal called Marry Me Chicken (sorry, no photos. You'll need to Goggle it) , resumed packing. Finished at 10:30 pm, in bed by midnight & awake by 2:30 am. Gave up trying to fall asleep by 3;30 am.

Gonna be a long day.

• Like 14

Starting the month off right. Up before the sunrise.  Is that the moon I see? 

20240801_051938.thumb.jpg.245a0933f577e383fc17188329da067e.jpg

Sure is

20240801_052020.thumb.jpg.f2ded5086a3a75c00985153dfc5c4281.jpg

Let's see if I can keep this going for the next 9 days. Something tells me I won't 🙂

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Am I the only one that can not sleep the night before a flight to a cruise?  Or a flight anywhere for that matter.

Nothing like 2 1/2 hours of sleep to make a person feel refreshed.  After taking a dinner break where Little Miss HBE4 made a slightly inappropriatly name but very delicious meal called Marry Me Chicken (sorry, no photos. You'll need to Goggle it) , resumed packing. Finished at 10:30 pm, in bed by midnight & awake by 2:30 am. Gave up trying to fall asleep by 3;30 am.

Gonna be a long day.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Leonard was not happy when he saw the suit cases come out.  Non-stop meowing & howling and normally he'd be sleeping at my step daughters side right now but instead he's been  my shadow.  After what seems like 96 hours of non-stop petting, he's calmed down. He going to be happy when he realizes his human mommy is staying home with him.

Just make sure he's not in your suitcase when you leave😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Gonna be a long day.

No, you are not the only one.   If we have to fly to cruise Eric always says just book the first flight as you know we won't sleep the night before.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

No, not much sleep the night before. I love to fly and can't wait to get to the airport. I also like to get to the cruiseport early even if it means hanging around a bit before being able to get on the ship.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Gonna be a long day.

Have a great flight today.  I hope everything goes smoothly with the airlines. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We watched Witness last night.  It was the first movie we saw together when we were dating in 1986.  I still love the barn raising scene…and the accompanying music.  It’s stood the test of time; I think it’s just as good now as when it was made 39 years ago!

It's been a long time since I've seen Witness.  Thanks...I just added it to my IMDB watchlist so that I'll remember it when looking for something to watch.  Our first date was to see Silence of the Lambs.  Not sure what I was thinking but Micheline did practically end up in my lap by the end of the movie. 😜

• Haha 12

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We watched Witness last night.  It was the first movie we saw together when we were dating in 1986.  I still love the barn raising scene…and the accompanying music.  It’s stood the test of time; I think it’s just as good now as when it was made 39 years ago!

Gosh I loved that movie.  I still remember the little Amish  boy pointing his finger at the photo in the police station.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Gonna be a long day.

Have a wonderful trip.

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Gonna be a long day.

Safe travels, glad to see you cruisingbagain, looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Edited by akcruz

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wow that's super cool. I'd want to do this one myself. Gorgeous. Best ever.

Hi Jane!
How are you doing? Hope you are well settled in the new home and all is good with you.

• Like 4

I’m already not sleeping well and we have 5 more sleeps to go before we leave.  I’ll wake and think of things I need to pack or do. Amazon has been coming daily for vitamins, facial cleanser, luggage locks, all the things I’ve left until the last minute. I am trying with little success to go to bed earlier than 11 and get up earlier to help adjust for Europe. Maybe I’ll be so exhausted by the time we leave that I can sleep on the way over. I can’t relax until I’m in our city of cruise departure with all our bags. But yes I love to travel! 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our first date was to see Silence of the Lambs. 

I remember reading that Anthony Hopkins won the Best Actor Oscar for that movie…even though he was only on screen for 16 minutes!  It was an amazing tour de force.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the good wishes & safe travels. So far, my travels have been.....not much. Got to the airport early only to find out my flight is delayed 2 1/2 hours.😠

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I remember reading that Anthony Hopkins won the Best Actor Oscar for that movie…even though he was only on screen for 16 minutes!  It was an amazing tour de force.

That is one of our favorite movies of all time whole cast was fantastic, I also read the book. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you all for the good wishes & safe travels. So far, my travels have been.....not much. Got to the airport early only to find out my flight is delayed 2 1/2 hours.😠

But did you double check your suitcase for stowaways?

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, derorim said:

@Coralc How are you doing?  I read that Kathie Lee Gifford fell and fractured her pelvis in two places, and thought of you. My friend that did the same thing in January is doing much better. I hope you are making progress and feeling less pain.

Thanks! Still miserable. I greatly sympathize with anyone who experiences this sort of injury. I tweaked my back the other evening with an awkward transfer from the walker to wheelchair. So now both sides hurt. 🙄 And I am so stressed that our moving and selling the house plans have been interrupted. But it could be worse, and things will get better. I appreciate you asking. I am still reading and following along with everyone. 

Bon Voyage to everyone sailing soon! ☺️

• Like 22

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

But did you double check your suitcase for stowaways?

That would have been ok, everyone needs an emotional support Leonard. 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 4