Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My feeling is that if I get rid of them as well as the two huge crates of cruise memorabilia and sports and music memorabilia I would regret it.

When I moved from NYC to small town NY 18 years ago I got rid of so much stuff,records,books,magazines that I wish I still had some of it.

Therefore,I will let my children decide what they want

I have boxes of items that belonged to my parents who left the planet 40 years ago.I like to look at the things they could not part with.

My father went to a jazz concert in 1927 and kept the program.

You're a different generation

Not sure if anyone else signed up, but I just got an email for the Genesis presale.  I have been selected for the presale and will have an opportunity to buy tickets tomorrow morning.  Not a guarantee of tickets but at least I can try tomorrow.  Codes coming tonight for the purchase.  My DH also signed up and did not receive an email.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My feeling is that if I get rid of them as well as the two huge crates of cruise memorabilia and sports and music memorabilia I would regret it.

When I moved from NYC to small town NY 18 years ago I got rid of so much stuff,records,books,magazines that I wish I still had some of it.

I have boxes of items that belonged to my parents who left the planet 40 years ago.I like to look at the things they could not part with.

If you enjoy your things that all that matters.  My kids can throw my stuff out when I am gone but I bet there will be some things that will interest them!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just returned from Lowes and installed the new faucet part.  Still no water flow.  Must be a problem in the valve body.  Time to give up and call a plumber.  I hate this feeling of defeat.

I just returned from Lowes too. Stopped by to see if they had any squirrell proof bird feeders. I have tried everything and nothing works to keep them out of the bird feeders.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I just returned from Lowes too. Stopped by to see if they had any squirrell proof bird feeders. I have tried everything and nothing works to keep them out of the bird feeders.

Squirrel Lives Matter

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Memories are precious Lenny.

I can understand why you want to keep a lot of your stuff.

I gave away lots of LPs and Tapes when I worked for EMI and wished I had kept some.

Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

I gave away lots of LPs and Tapes when I worked for EMI and wished I had kept some.

Graham.

At one time I was reviewing LP’s for a record label and got to keep them.When I moved from New York City to where I am living now I gave away more than 800 .I wish I would have kept some.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It depends what you are referring to .Are you saying that you would not like everything of something ?

But I'm a boomer, we have an unnatural affection for stuff.

My in-laws passed simultaneously 3 years ago. They had so much stuff it was mind boggling. Laura and I had to dispise of it. Sure we kept a few things, but most got pitched/donated. It was a pain in the ass. 

My adult children don't want anything, especially old concert stubs, cruise compasees, menus, etc..

This is the reality of the new millenium

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I adopted the mindset that if I haven't used something in several years, is it necessary.

Memories are in my noggin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I adopted the mindset that if I haven't used something in several years, is it necessary.

I have got rid of a lot of stuff as I don't hoard things but I wish I had kept my LPs as some are very collectable now.

I still have my golfing Callaway irons and King Cobra woods even though I haven't played for 7 years because of hip and knee arthritis.

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I tried that logic with the monster box holding my wife’s wedding dress....didn’t go over well.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

They have survived long before humans decided they needed to feed wild birds and other wild animals.

Nothing wrong with humans providing some help for all the harm we have caused them.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just hope that your "format" button never gets pushed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1